Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Default Re: Bobcats trade Emeka Okafor to Hornets for Tyson Chandler

Good trade for the Hornets. I'm not sure, though about the Bobcats. Emeka is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by gutterballer733
    My point is, half of the posters are spewing false information and biased opinions.

As for my opinion of the trade, I think that it is a wash for both teams. Okafor and Chandler both needed a change of scenery and they got it with this trade. The Hornets are not getting a "great" deal here like a lot of people are indicating. Okafor was nothing more than a glorified role player (who is paid like a star) even for a team like the Bobcats. While he does posses slightly more offensive skills than Chandler, it is not as wide a gap as some might think. And for the person who said Okafor was a locker room leader, he most definitely was not. Okafor averaged a double double for his career, although his ppg and rpg have both declined for the past three seasons. Chandler has also averaged a double double over past three seasons with the Hornets. One "major issue" of Chandler's was his fragile health, but he has played in at least 71 game in 6 or 8 seasons. I dont consider that a major problem. A change of scenery trade that will do good for both players if you ask me.
    Dude, usually consensus of opinion means there is a strong case in that favour, being that Hornets got the better end of this deal..Any dummy can see that Okafor is better than Chandler, and probably has more upside too..This isnt what you should be arguing, what you should be arguing is that Bobcats are looking to the future to free up cap space, and part ways with a player who wont carry the team to a championship, and carries a contract that extends further than Chandler's, therefore Bobcats saw this as more a future in mind move...

Lol HOF players should never run, manage or own nba teams...MJ might have had the will to win when he played...but he clearly sucks in this role...

infact he is the greatest player to play the game....and on the other end...the worst GM in the history of any sports...

MJ take a bow

Quote Originally Posted by mamba24
    Lol HOF players should never run, manage or own nba teams...MJ might have had the will to win when he played...but he clearly sucks in this role...

infact he is the greatest player to play the game....and on the other end...the worst GM in the history of any sports...

MJ take a bow
    Jerry West was a pretty good GM. I know what you mean though. McFail seems like a success compared to MJ in the GM world.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore gutterballer733's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Dude, usually consensus of opinion means there is a strong case in that favour, being that Hornets got the better end of this deal..Any dummy can see that Okafor is better than Chandler, and probably has more upside too..This isnt what you should be arguing, what you should be arguing is that Bobcats are looking to the future to free up cap space, and part ways with a player who wont carry the team to a championship, and carries a contract that extends further than Chandler's, therefore Bobcats saw this as more a future in mind move...
    I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I have to do it. Consensus of uneducated opinions means nothing. You must have been part of the "consensus" that voted for George Bush too....The part that got me though, was saying that Okafor has more upside than Chandler is foolish. He had his best season as a rookie and has not shown any signs of improving. With that said, I don't see Chandler having all that much upside either, but more than Emeka for sure.

The New Orleans Hornets looks like a good team on papers.

Starting 5

C- Emeka Okafor
    F- David West
    F- Peja Stojakovic
    G- James Posey
    G- Chris Paul

Bench

C- Hilton Armstrong
    F- Rasual Butler
    F- Julian Wright
    G- Morris Peterson
    G- Marcus Thornton