Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

National High School Star

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Season mode still exists, which is only one season, but I'm not sure if it's online dependent or allows more than one user.
    Damn, that was the only mode we played
    why would they make a game so damn online dependant. Surely that will cost the some gamers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Damn, that was the only mode we played
    why would they make a game so damn online dependant. Surely that will cost the some gamers?
    It's 2014 almost.

Well, good thing I read Rake's post. He just saved me $60.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    It's 2014 almost.
    I believe the issue comes with modes that don't need online, randomly needing online. This creates a situation where gamers can only play certain modes on someone else's time.

For instance, Franchise mode (now known as MyGM). In term of functionality, it should need nothing from an online connection to function, but an online connection is required anyway. So, if that connection either 1) doesn't exist in a given household 2) is spotty in given household 3) goes down for no good reason or 4) NBA 2K's very iffy servers go down due to technical difficulties (as has already happened since release) gamers lose the ability to play what should be an offline mode in the first place.

Further, I can't say I know this for sure, but I'm guessing 2K may stop running the servers for 2K14 shortly after the arrival of 2K15. This could mean that playing older versions of 2K will become much less possible. As in, if someone picks up 2K14 off the bargain bin in 2016, it may be reduced to being a Quick Game disc because the servers may no longer function, thus not allowing MyGM, MyCareer, Roster Edits and MyTeam to function.

I say, imagine if Microsoft Office suddenly only functioned if you were connected to the internet. A lot of us would still be in good shape due to our connections. But wouldn't it be in agreement there'd be no reason to add that loophole to making a Word document? Wouldn't it make more sense to offer online-required perks if a user is connected to the internet while not punishing them for not being online?
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-19-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Yeah, without a normal association mode and the ability to play co-op in the association makes the game pretty much worthless to me. I rarely play online and I don't enjoy MyPlayer so it isn't even worth it anymore.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, without a normal association mode and the ability to play co-op in the association makes the game pretty much worthless to me. I rarely play online and I don't enjoy MyPlayer so it isn't even worth it anymore.
    Same man 2k c'mon

Is anybody else having some super crappy online play so far? The game is like super choppy for me online. I know it's the servers though. I can deal with a lil lag every now and then, but damn this is crazy right now.

Went ahead and bought a copy for PS3 since it looks like I won't be able to get a PS4 any time soon. Don't have a lot of complaints so far. It may just be me sucking at playing defense, but I do feel the computer scores way too easily. I've played 5 games so far and every team I've played has scored 110+ points on me in 12 minute quarters.

This may sound like a really stupid reason to be excited about 2K14, but I love that you can actually block shots now. As an OKC fan, I'm pretty stoked now that I can actually make Ibaka effective on defense by having 3-5 block games on a consistent basis; whereas on past 2Ks I was doing good just to get 2 or 3 blocks with him in a game.

I started a dual-Association with the Thunder and Pelicans and have had some big games. I've played 2 games with OKC and 3 with the Pelicans. 2-0 with OKC and 2-1 with the Pelicans. Just finished beating the Magic (Pelicans) 121-114, and went for 25 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 blocks with Anthony Davis.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Went ahead and bought a copy for PS3 since it looks like I won't be able to get a PS4 any time soon. Don't have a lot of complaints so far. It may just be me sucking at playing defense, but I do feel the computer scores way too easily. I've played 5 games so far and every team I've played has scored 110+ points on me in 12 minute quarters.

This may sound like a really stupid reason to be excited about 2K14, but I love that you can actually block shots now. As an OKC fan, I'm pretty stoked now that I can actually make Ibaka effective on defense by having 3-5 block games on a consistent basis; whereas on past 2Ks I was doing good just to get 2 or 3 blocks with him in a game.

I started a dual-Association with the Thunder and Pelicans and have had some big games. I've played 2 games with OKC and 3 with the Pelicans. 2-0 with OKC and 2-1 with the Pelicans. Just finished beating the Magic (Pelicans) 121-114, and went for 25 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 blocks with Anthony Davis.
    You know, I gave current gen 2K14 such a hard time when it was initially released because it seemed like the smallest amount of improvement year-to-year of the entire series. But after seeing next gen 2K14 (which looks great and I hear plays well on-court), paying a (hopefully) reduced price for current gen 2K14 doesn't seem so shabby in comparison to dropping $500+ on a new 2K with many aspects stripped down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    You know, I gave current gen 2K14 such a hard time when it was initially released because it seemed like the smallest amount of improvement year-to-year of the entire series. But after seeing next gen 2K14 (which looks great and I hear plays well on-court), paying a (hopefully) reduced price for current gen 2K14 doesn't seem so shabby in comparison to dropping $500+ on a new 2K with many aspects stripped down.
    Yeah, I can definitely tell there was very little improvement from 2K13 to 2K14 on current gen, but it still plays a pretty solid game of basketball out of the box, and once some good rosters get released and paired with a good set of sliders, it'll be more than acceptable. Like I said, as someone who predominantly plays with OKC, I love that shot blockers like Ibaka can actually make an impact on defense.

And while this isn't a big deal, at least the I get the Pelicans court and jerseys instead of playing as the 2014 Pelicans with the Hornets logo and court like I was doing on 2K13. I'll eventually get a PS4 in the next year or so, but this will work for the time being.

I'm still getting an issue on My Career with not getting the actual amount of VC I earn in a game. E.G. last game I played I was supposed to get 504 VC, instead I got a measly 280. This is post-patch too. I play on PS4.

Anyone else have this problem?

Moving on, here is a pretty cool tip to get quick VC. Tried it a few times yesterday and got between 700-1000 VC in a 5 minute sitting each time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FORimqqyVmk
    Last edited by ukballer; 12-06-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I'm still getting an issue on My Career with not getting the actual amount of VC I earn in a game. E.G. last game I played I was supposed to get 504 VC, instead I got a measly 280. This is post-patch too. I play on PS4.

Anyone else have this problem?

Moving on, here is a pretty cool tip to get quick VC. Tried it a few times yesterday and got between 700-1000 VC in a 5 minute sitting each time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FORimqqyVmk
    Mine will give me the rest of it after the next game I do. It's weird, but at least when it did I got it all eventually. 2k13 did the same to me for a while.

Banned

Cant wait to get my hands on the PS4 version.

Is blocking made much easier? I find myself blocking at a much higher rate with smaller guys than past years. I'm used to playing center in MyCareer, but I'm averaging more blocks with a small forward this edition.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Is blocking made much easier? I find myself blocking at a much higher rate with smaller guys than past years. I'm used to playing center in MyCareer, but I'm averaging more blocks with a small forward this edition.
    I'm averaging just under 2 blocks per game with my 6'3 PG and I'm about 20 games into my rookie season. It's quite easy to get blocks coming from helpside defense, even if it's coming across to challenge a PF or C. I get blocks challenging outside shots too on similar sized guards or smaller. Not the most realistic but hey. I have added some skill points to my vertical, but even so, I was getting blocks in my very first games too.

If anyone wants to run some park games anytime, add me on PSN: WarroF1 - I tried The Park for the first time yesterday, pretty cool, though 5 on 5 with randomers was a bit crazy. Still fun though.
    Last edited by ukballer; 12-07-2013 at 04:28 AM.