Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Jabari Parker will emerge as the best ... according to Mike Wilbon

Yay, looks like I ISH will be blessed with the college version of Kobe vs LeBron this season on the college board.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    that was his first game at AFH, the loudest arena in college hoops. I couldn't give a fvck less if he was nervous and had a few bad plays. he's had 2 bad games and they've both been with a 100+ degree fever. if he keeps playing like this I'll concede, but I'm still pretty sure Wiggins is gonna be amazing.

It has nothing to do with a few bad plays. Parker had more than his share of bad plays the other night to be sure as well. Everyone does. It's about how stiff Wiggins looks.

He might turn out to be amazing. I hope he does. But I haven't seen anything yet that indicates amazing since he's been at Kansas.

I was as excited from his mix tape as anyone, but when I went to the McDonald's All-American game, and then watching him at Kansas he looks very stiff to me.
    Aggressive and quick enough to score in transition yes, but that to me has nothing to do with great success at the next level.

Time will tell, but I haven't seen it regarding his supposed potential greatness. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    It has nothing to do with a few bad plays. Parker had more than his share of bad plays the other night to be sure as well. Everyone does. It's about how stiff Wiggins looks.
    yea, you said that a few times, and I obviously diasagree. he floats and has long periods where he isn't aggressive, but I don't see the stiffness.

He might turn out to be amazing. I hope he does. But I haven't seen anything yet that indicates amazing since he's been at Kansas.
    Lol you missed the Duke game

yea, you said that a few times, and I obviously diasagree. he floats and has long periods where he isn't aggressive, but I don't see the stiffness.

Lol you missed the Duke game
    If that's your idea of amazing , and you're going on 1 half of 1 game, then my point is already made.

Maybe I'll go on double the time you gave, and we can discuss his 6 point performance last night.
    Last edited by BIZARRO; 12-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Jabari put up 23, 10 and 5 last night against UCLA. 4 of 8 from deep. In front of 50+ scouts too at Madison Square Garden. No stage is too big for that dude. The more scouts, the bigger the stage... nothing but a thang.

Headed straight to the #1 pick

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Maybe it's just me but, it seems Wiggins has a hard time creating any offense off the dribble due to his shaky ball handling. So far from the 6 or 7 games I've seen him play, he's great in transition and when he's cutting off the ball. Not that that's a bad thing though. When I first started hearing all the hype I thought he was gonna be another ball pounding ISO type player like LeBron but he's not really that type of player. The thing that impresses me is he ain't trying to cross someone over, he'll use the quick first step and just take 1 or 2 dribbles and get to the rim. At this point Parker can score from anywhere on the court and create with the ball in his hands, post up, or move off the ball. Offensively he is pretty far ahead of Wiggins, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Maybe it's just me but, it seems Wiggins has a hard time creating any offense off the dribble due to his shaky ball handling. So far from the 6 or 7 games I've seen him play, he's great in transition and when he's cutting off the ball. Not that that's a bad thing though. When I first started hearing all the hype I thought he was gonna be another ball pounding ISO type player like LeBron but he's not really that type of player. The thing that impresses me is he ain't trying to cross someone over, he'll use the quick first step and just take 1 or 2 dribbles and get to the rim. At this point Parker can score from anywhere on the court and create with the ball in his hands, post up, or move off the ball. Offensively he is pretty far ahead of Wiggins, IMO.
    Handles is Wiggins's biggest problem. Shooting can be fixed. After 10+ years of basketball, a player's handle is not going to improve by that much.

^^^

lol.... so does anyone still think Parker is better than Wiggins? or have y'all came to your senses yet?

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

^^^

lol.... so does anyone still think Parker is better than Wiggins? or have y'all came to your senses yet?

They've both been pretty underwhelming lately. Parker started out the season impressively, but has fallen off lately. He needs to stop forcing everything on offense. Wiggins seems to be getting more comfortable with the college game, but hasn't shown any kind of consistency, he shows flashes of that freak athleticism in the open court a couple of times per game, but then plays passively for long stretches. He's definitely raw offensively. I think the real question is, will either of them be able to beat out Embiid for the number 1 pick in the draft? I doubt it.

Career highs 29 points & 16 rebounds vs Boston College
    12-17 FG .706 FG% only attempted 1 3p.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    Career highs 29 points & 16 rebounds vs Boston College
    12-17 FG .706 FG% only attempted 1 3p.

yea...

Wiggins >>>

yea...

Wiggins >>>
    19-5 >>>>> 18-5
    19.2 PPG 8.5 RPG 1.3 APG >>>>>>> 16.0 PPG 6.0 RPG 1.7 APG

Numbers don't lie