Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Oh and one more thing...

With being a warrior and all, would attending the mage college be counter productive or is achieving a super being who's capable of an all around skill set possible? I don't see how learning the ways of magic could be detrimental to my characters growth
    I am a Nord Warrior also. There is no point attending the Winterhall College. My suggestion would be to follow the main quest.
    The above is a battle mage, not a warrior. If you want to be a Battle Mage, then going to the college is a good move.

I am pure Nord testosterone. I dont use magic. I have an Ancient Nord Greatsword and heavy armour. I have followed the main quest so I have shouts. I slice up Dragons within a minute or two.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Good looks Clippers. You're clearly the Elder Scrolls head aficionado of the board here.

From your experiences, what do you feel is the most effective form of attack against the dragons?
    Um I do know ranged attacks are best for killing dragons. Either magic or arrows are the best bet. I can down a dragon in under a minute while they are airborne. If you are using magic you need to pay attention to type of dragon. Frost dragons are immune to frost and Fire breathing ones immune to fire.

Warriors and melee Rogues have to wait for dragon to land to do a lot of damage. Ranged/Mages can kill them before they touch the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I am only level 7, and I decided to make my way to the Mage Tower. I didn't realize that in itself is quite an accomplishment. I stole a horse and lost my companion because I think I out ran it. I stopped at an inn and when I got off my horse, it went beserk and tried to kill me. When I got in the inn, some drunk attacked me. So with no horse, I had to walk north. I died many times. Once I was climbing a mountain and all of a sudden I am on fire. A dragon just fly up to me a roasted me. Ice wraiths, ice spiders etc. Hope it's worth it. I also came across two treasure hunters and we went into a cave, got some good loot and a shout.

I'm not sure if I tackeld that trip to early or if there was an easier way. Anyway, I am here now!
    Ice wraiths and spiders are easily dispatched with destruction fire spells. If you have perked double wielding fire (which is easy) they are dead in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Wow, I can't believe I didn't know that. It was an intense journey. Thanks.
    I told you guys early in the thread that it's vital to use carriage to unlock all the main cities . It saves you a sh** load of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Um I do know ranged attacks are best for killing dragons. Either magic or arrows are the best bet. I can down a dragon in under a minute while they are airborne. If you are using magic you need to pay attention to type of dragon. Frost dragons are immune to frost and Fire breathing ones immune to fire.

Warriors and melee Rogues have to wait for dragon to land to do a lot of damage. Ranged/Mages can kill them before they touch the ground.
    I simply shout at the dragon and he lands. Then I avoid his snapping head and dice him.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I simply shout at the dragon and he lands. Then I avoid his snapping head and dice him.
    Yea once you learn Dragonrend that works... No matter what you do.. dragons are so easy. I have more trouble with some zombies than I do dragons. BTW guys I found another elite companion Mage. Aranea Lenith who is found at the Shrine of Azura south of Winterhold. She's on the level of Marcurio. I tried all the other Mages and they suck balls. I like her because she uses frost+lightning where as Marcurio just uses Lightning.

Yea once you learn Dragonrend that works... No matter what you do.. dragons are so easy. I have more trouble with some zombies than I do dragons. BTW guys I found another elite companion Mage. Aranea Lenith who is found at the Shrine of Azura south of Winterhold. She's on the level of Marcurio. I tried all the other Mages and they suck balls. I like her because she uses frost+lightning where as Marcurio just uses Lightning.
    Bandit warlords or zombie warlords, even just some mages, are harder than dragons.

Bandit warlords or zombie warlords, even just some mages, are harder than dragons.
    Yup.

Yup.
    Enemy mages give me more trouble than anything.
    Being Nord, the frost ones arent too bad.
    Fire and electricity are very difficult for me.
    I cant get close to them without taking heavy damage.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

My video game experience of the last 10 or so years is pretty much Madden/NBA2K with some occasional GTA.

Should I buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    My video game experience of the last 10 or so years is pretty much Madden/NBA2K with some occasional GTA.

Should I buy it?
    If you have a family I'd say no. Its too good and addictive for anybody.

If you are single or have a girlfriend that you dont have to be around for hours at a time I would say yes.

I never played RPG til this game. And I love it.

Have u dudes found some unique weapons yet that does crazy damage with enchanting and so on?

My strongest weapon right now is a super forged/smithed Glass Bow which damages 45 stock, viral poisoned with 50 damage and enchanted with 23 Magicka damage... shooting a 24 damage Daedra Arrow...

so i guess 45+50+23+24 = 142 damage with one arrow

soon i will be able to multi enchant, so i will enchant it with either 19 dmg fire (target burns to death) or paralyze.... so i will have a bow that does 161 damage on a hit and makes you burn or paralyze you.. come at me brahs! bwhahah

god im addicted to this game heeeeeelp
    Last edited by pauk; 11-21-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Should I buy it?
    This game's as close to medieval GTA (with magic) as you're going to get. Over the past couple of years I've only played like 3 or 4 video games, and this is one of them. There's just so much you can do and it's designed so well it's hard to pass up.

Try watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUgvuK_WLU0

It may help you make your decision.

Basically, if you're a fan of finding random expensive loot, or customizing your own armor, or anything item related, you'll like this.

If you like games with diverse magical powers (not just the standard attack/recover) you'll like this. If you like using warhammers, battle axes, swords, bows or daggers, you'll like this. If you like sneaking around and stealing or assassinating people without them seeing you, you'll like this.

If you like games where you build up your character to develop amazing strength and powers, you'll like it.

There's just something for everyone in this game. That's why it's liked by so many.

Banned

I'm rocking a lvl 11 destruction/conjuration mage at the moment. Collecting Magnus's hammer for the mage college quests. I find dragons easy, hardest thing for me so far is the Sphere robots in the dwarven runes. They kill me in a couple of hits and are damn quick. Not so bad with a companion but my first run through (trying to get grimsever but my games bugged and it isn't there, read on other sites for some people it's gone too) i had no companion and they sucked balls. I was really let down on the mage quest when i fought a bone dragon and it died in a couple of hits, thought it would be an epic battle.

And listen to clippersfan the wagons you can hire are SO much quicker to get places.

Easily game of the year for me. Feels close to oblivion where even just the mages college quest line could pass as a main story line for a lesser game these days.
    Last edited by outbreak; 11-22-2011 at 12:29 AM.

I am a Nord Warrior also. There is no point attending the Winterhall College. My suggestion would be to follow the main quest.
    The above is a battle mage, not a warrior. If you want to be a Battle Mage, then going to the college is a good move.

I am pure Nord testosterone. I dont use magic. I have an Ancient Nord Greatsword and heavy armour. I have followed the main quest so I have shouts. I slice up Dragons within a minute or two.
    Are there any colleges or training areas that you know of that can advance a warriors skill? Im trying to find out what the warriors equivalent to the magic college or thieves guild is...