Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you die and come back to life if you had a 60% chance?

If the chances to revive you after dying for 10 minutes were 60%, would you take that chance to see what's in the afterlife?

40% you will be permanently dead

♫♪♫

Default Re: Would you die and come back to life if you had a 60% chance?

does it have to be right now ? cuz i'd be down a bit later in life . .

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    If the chances to revive you after dying for 10 minutes were 60%, would you take that chance to see what's in the afterlife?

40% you will be permanently dead
    hmm....no
    afterlife doesn't interest me

Quote Originally Posted by artex
    does it have to be right now ? cuz i'd be down a bit later in life . .
    Yes right now. i think the information would be more useful at a younger age

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

this thread was made for me...

answer: no way

the only advantage would be to share your story with others, otherwise you are going to die anyway so what's the rush?

people flat line and come back all the time, have been brain dead, no brain waves...they come back with stories and majority of people for what ever reason don't care to listen to them, or write it off as a dream/brain trip. And it is impossible for them to prove what they are saying is real.

If you accomplished this for 10 minutes you would just be another NDE story...one more added to thousands already out there

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Make it 75% chance of return, and return is to at least a few years in the past with full memory retention.

Think investments, sports bets, possible different life choices, etc...

I wonder how many people would take that gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Yes right now. i think the information would be more useful at a younger age
    almost everyone that has an NDE comes back "changed"...they become much more charitable and go about day to day life much differently than they did before their "death".

Lol pt yapping about NDEs again.

Hmm.. Probably not. That 40% chance is too risky. I have family who depend on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Lol pt yapping about NDEs again.
    lol yeah I said this thread was made for me...

I mean, that's exactly what he is talking about...an NDE

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    lol yeah I said this thread was made for me...

I mean, that's exactly what he is talking about...an NDE
    I think OP is talking about DE, not NDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I think OP is talking about DE, not NDE.
    no, that would mean you don't come back...

I have observed that it seems to take a minimum of seven years for most NDErs to integrate the aftereffects. Although these cannot be faked, an individual can delay the onset of them or deny their existence. Seven major elements comprise the universal pattern:

Unconditional Love - NDErs perceive themselves as equally and fully loving of each and all, openly generous, excited about the potential and wonder of each person they see. Confused family members tend to regard this sudden switch in behavior as oddly threatening, as if their loved one had become aloof, un-responsive, even uncaring or unloving.

Lack of Boundaries - Familiar codes of conduct can lose relevance or disappear altogether as unlimited avenues of interest and inquiry take priority. This new frame of reference can infuse NDErs with such an accepting nature that they can and do display childlike naivety. With the fading of previous norms and standards, basic cautions and discernments can also fade.

Timelessness - Most NDErs begin to "flow" with natural shift of time, rejecting locks and schedules as they exhibit a heightened awareness of the present moment and the importance of "now." They are easily distracted and can appear "spacey" until they readjust to the demands of daily routines.

The Psychic - Extrasensory perception and various types of psychic phenomena become normal and ordinary in the lives of NDErs. A person's religious beliefs do not prevent this expansion of faculties or enlargements of perceptual range. This can frighten the unprepared and be misconstrued as "the devil's work" when it is actually more akin to "gifts of the spirit."

Reality Switches - Hard-driving achievers and materialists can transform into easy-going philosophers; but, by the same token, those once more relaxed or uncommitted can become energetic "movers and shakers," determined to make a difference in the world. Switches seem to depend more on what is "needed" to round out the individual's growth than on any uniform result.

The Soul as Self - Most come to recognize themselves as an immortal soul currently resident within material form so lessons can be learned while sojourning in the Earth realm. They know they are not their body; it is a "jacket" they wear. The majority develop an interest in reincarnation, some accept it as valid.

Modes of Communications - What was once foreign becomes familiar, what was once familiar becomes foreign. Rationale of any kind tends to lose its logic as NDErs begin to think more abstractly and in grandiose terms. New ways of using language, even whole new vocabularies, emerge.

Within some households, relatives are so impressed by what they witness with their loved one that they too change, making the NDE a "shared" event. In other families, though, the response is so negative that alienation, separation, or divorce results. The situation with children, who undergo the same aftereffects as adults, can be doubly challenging, since they lack the ability to speak up for themselves, negotiate, or seek alternatives.

Basing the degree of an individual's transformation solely on before and after contrasts can distort or mask deeper issues that may eventually undermine the best of intentions - for researchers as well as NDErs.

^^^ someone's study on the ways NDEers come back differently

so you would be doing it to become THIS for the most part

Of course not.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    this thread was made for me...

answer: no way

the only advantage would be to share your story with others, otherwise you are going to die anyway so what's the rush?

people flat line and come back all the time, have been brain dead, no brain waves...they come back with stories and majority of people for what ever reason don't care to listen to them, or write it off as a dream/brain trip. And it is impossible for them to prove what they are saying is real.

If you accomplished this for 10 minutes you would just be another NDE story...one more added to thousands already out there
    This.