Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Where did I say OJ didn't have game?

I think his characteristics as a person will ultimately affect his on court performance.

To act like things off the basketball court can't and don't determine who is potentially a better or worse basketball would be complete and utter ignorance. And so in this case, you are a prime example.

So go about it, champ.

And I denied OJ Mayo on facebook today.
    OJ's attitude is very similar to Kobe's

They know they are the ****,but they will tell the public that they will do whatever it takes for the team to win but they want to win the game for the team

OJ isnt unstable.Hes just cocky.

Ron Artest is unstable:

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Where did I say OJ didn't have game?

I think his characteristics as a person will ultimately affect his on court performance.

To act like things off the basketball court can't and don't determine who is potentially a better or worse basketball would be complete and utter ignorance. And so in this case, you are a prime example.

So go about it, champ.

And I denied OJ Mayo on facebook today.
    and do you feel the same way about kobe?
    because attitude-wise, they're not all that dissimilar.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Anyone giving these indepth analysis of Rose and Mayo before they played a real national game is enjoyable. Atleast Mayo had some nationally televised game like against St. Patrick's Corey Fisher..which he's lost. But to the rest of you, when your basis is of youtube highlight reels, get out of here.

I'm not a fan of, but Mayo will be the better college prospect and have the better college season. Rose to me, won't do anything Mike Conley Jr. hasn't. Maybe average more points seeing how Memphis is more of an up and down team, but he won't be the man. If he averages more than 16/7 I'll be surprised. Which is still damn good for a freshman.

I'll go as far to say this as well: Eric Gordon will have a better college season than Derrick too. The players they are, are just better fitted for the college game right now than Derrick.

Banned

^^Eric Gordon will be good,very good but we're talking about the Top 3 picks in the NBA Draft

Eric Gordon is Ben Gordon with hops

Eric Gordon scored 33 points in his NCAA Debut

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) -- Indiana fans welcomed Eric Gordon by chanting his name Monday night. The highly touted freshman responded with an opening act that lived up to the billing.

Gordon finished with 33 points, the most ever by an Indiana player in his college debut, and it was his play at both ends of the court that eventually helped the eighth-ranked Hoosiers beat Chattanooga 99-79 in their season opener.

"If he plays like he did tonight, we'll be OK," coach Kelvin Sampson said, drawing laughter. "He's going to play hard every night, and the thing I like is that he practices at the same pace every day. When I was at Michigan State, Magic Johnson was like that. There's a reason those guys are good."

While the comparisons to Johnson are premature, Gordon proved to everyone Monday why he was considered one of the highest-rated recruits a year ago. He made spectacular plays on offense, delivered a shutdown performance on defense and eclipsed the previous debut record that belonged to former NBA player George McGinnis, who scored 26 points against Eastern Michigan on Dec. 1, 1970.

Gordon's final line: 9-of-15 from the field, 7-of-11 on 3-pointers, six rebounds, four assists.

Numbers didn't tell the whole story, though. He ignited Indiana's second-half charge and prompted Mocs coach John Shulman to admit he couldn't do anything on offense or defense to stop Gordon.

"This is not an easy atmosphere for anyone to come in, especially on Eric Gordon freshman night," Shulman said. "They should have given out posters. I'd get mine autographed. He was terrific. I had no answer."

Gordon's teammates took advantage of his presence, too.

Senior forward D.J. White, who spent most of last season trying to fight through extra defenders, finished with 17 points. Point guard Armon Bassett scored 20 points and the Hoosiers' other big freshman, Jordan Crawford, had 13.

The 99 points was the sixth-highest mark in a season opener in school history, and the Mocs (1-1) simply couldn't keep up with the pace.

Kevin Bridgewaters led Chattanooga, scoring 14 points in the first half before getting shut out for the final 20 minutes when Sampson asked Gordon to defend him. Kevin Goffney scored 13 points and Nicchaeus Doaks had 12.

"We couldn't get off ball screens and he disrupted everything we did offensively," Shulman said of Gordon. "He was the difference at both ends."

The night was far from perfect.

After Indiana (1-0) used a 12-3 run to take a 29-18 lead midway through the first half, Hoosiers fans expected a rout.

Instead, Chattanooga rallied with a 12-0 spurt to take a 44-40 lead with 3:39 left in the half and it led 50-46 at halftime. As Indiana left the court, there was a smattering of boos.

Gordon and White changed that early in the second half.

White grabbed a rebound and dunked, and then Gordon, trailing on a breakaway, made a highlight-reel one-handed slam that brought the crowd to its feet.

"It's just two points," Gordon said. "But you love to get the crowd going."

The Mocs were within 65-61 with 11:30 to go.

Gordon's long 3-pointer in the middle of a 13-6 run got the crowd revved again and when it was over the Hoosiers finally control with a 78-67 lead with 9:12 left.

Indiana endured only one real scare after that.

With 6:09 to go, a jumping White was undercut by a Mocs player. White crashed hard to the floor and teammates quickly gathered around him, some holding his bleeding head off the ground.

A few minutes later, with a towel on his cut left eye, White gave fans a thumbs-up as he was helped to the locker room.

Sampson said White needed stitches to close the gash, and Bassett indicated he would likely be OK to play in the Hoosiers' next game, Sunday against Longwood.

"D.J.'s fine, he's going to be all right," Bassett said. "He feels a little tweety-birdish right now."

But it was the coming out party that Gordon and the Indiana fans had envisioned since last fall, when Gordon took back his commitment from Illinois and signed with the Hoosiers.

"I thought I played pretty good," he said. "I just tried to step up in different situations and so did a lot of other players on our team."
    I think Eric Gordon would be a better player than Ben Gordon because he is a better scorer, and Gordon is also one of the flashiest player today in the NCAA.

He has both the strength and a fantastic feel for finishing at the rim, knowing how and when to use the glass and being equally adept at using either of his massive hands to go along with his outstanding frame and length.

Despite being barely 6-3 Gordon he has an NBA type of body to be able to drive into the basket and forced some contact. He is more of a SG Trap under a PG's Body but his offensive skills, and high basketball IQ would definitely bring him into a greater success in the professional league.

This Kid is destine to become a lottery pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, and all i can say he might be the second coming of Mitch Richmond only a bit shorter but faster compare to Richmond during his prime years in the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273160084

Eric Gordon Basketball Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNQRKsZYXZ8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDoqI-CihM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL5Ur4m0hKM
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-13-2007 at 07:36 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    ^^Eric Gordon will be good,very good but we're talking about the Top 3 picks in the NBA Draft

Even that may be projecting too far. EJ is a nice player, but Ben Gordon was a beast in college.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Eric Gordon, 33 pts on 15 shots.

OJ Mayo, 32 pts on 27 shots.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

OJ MAYO looks like an NBA star already. Dunno how much chance he will have though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Even that may be projecting too far. EJ is a nice player, but Ben Gordon was a beast in college.
    Well I have watched Eric Gordon twice so far this year at Indiana..I get the Big ten betwork.. and he is better then Ben Gordon was in college. He is utterly dominant. He can stroke it, but unlike Ben he is an explosive finisher in games. His body type makes a big difference. Dont forget Eric Gordon is also a very very good defender as well.

Imo from the little I have seen, right now Eric Gordon is the best freshmen guard of the three. I havent seen Beasley play yet so I cannot comment.

Edit: forgot to add that Eric is also a very good passer as well, and shows good courtvision
    Last edited by Younggrease; 11-13-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Banned

we'll see how they play against tougher competition.

Im now falling in love with this Austin Daye kid from Gonzaga,dude might be the next Kevin Durant

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

beasley scored 34 points and 10+ rebounds his first game. he got 30 points last game. as far as i know he is averaging 30 points

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

Ben Gordon has hops.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Can we wait until these guys play some guys against better athletes before rating them as prospects?

Or at the very least not argue over what they are doing against the U of Tenn.-Martin's of the NCAA world?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Can we wait until these guys play some guys against better athletes before rating them as prospects?

Or at the very least not argue over what they are doing against the U of Tenn.-Martin's of the NCAA world?
    this is very true..I was gonna do that until people just started righting off Eric Gordon...

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Eric Gordon, 33 pts on 15 shots.

OJ Mayo, 32 pts on 27 shots.
    So you're knocking OJ Mayo?