Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

He hit that kid with a shamgod at the begining of the mixtape. haha

High School Starter

Derrick Rose is a better athlete than Wall.

He can outdunk wall and jumps higher..Wall is taller and has longer arms.

Wall athletically is like DWade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    and he (Wall) has never proven himself against players that he wasn't substantially more physically mature than.
    Who did Blake Griffin prove himself against that wasn't substantially more physically mature than?

He whiped through the worst big men in the country, his only elite matchup in the post was against Hansbrough in the NCAA Tournament.

John Wall at least in his AAU games,& All-Star games has dominated against the top incoming freshman & the top HS juniors in the country.

Whether that matters is debatable, but he has proven himself already without even playing college ball.

The last player who did so was LeBron, and yes I am putting Wall into a category of such a NBA ready dominate HS player that it outweighs the accomplishments & potential so far of the top NBA Draft prospects in their respective drafts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    He's an elite talent, but lets not forget that having a highlight tape on youtube isn't really a hard thing to have. Anyone can have a highlight reel. If you put a compilation of my best moves in high school basketball I could have looked like a 4 star recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    I would easily take John Wall over Blake Griffin. John Wall is a once in a decade talent, a better passing derrick rose.
    You realize how many times I've heard that?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Who did Blake Griffin prove himself against that wasn't substantially more physically mature than?

He whiped through the worst big men in the country, his only elite matchup in the post was against Hansbrough in the NCAA Tournament.

John Wall at least in his AAU games,& All-Star games has dominated against the top incoming freshman & the top HS juniors in the country.

Whether that matters is debatable, but he has proven himself already without even playing college ball.

The last player who did so was LeBron, and yes I am putting Wall into a category of such a NBA ready dominate HS player that it outweighs the accomplishments & potential so far of the top NBA Draft prospects in their respective drafts.
    JuJuan Johnson, Taj Gibson, Damion James, Dexter Pittman, Leo Lyons, Paul Harris, Arinze Onaku are all either NBA-caliber players or potential NBA players.

I'm ok with you saying John Wall challenging that first pick slot, but don't act like Blake Griffin has not faced adequate competition to make him worthy of his #1 billing.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    they have to be one year removed from high school
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    owned
    Not quite. He's a fifth-year senior, that played at a prep school in NC last year, and will turn 19 in September.

The CBA states that to be drafted you must be at least turning 19 in the calender year, and your graduating class one year removed from high school.

Sounds like he fits the bill, no?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    It's the truth. Just like you watched that reel of Keith Brumbaugh and thought he was the next great thing.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Not quite. He's a fifth-year senior, that played at a prep school in NC last year, and will turn 19 in September.

The CBA states that to be drafted you must be at least turning 19 in the calender year, and your graduating class one year removed from high school.

Sounds like he fits the bill, no?
    im no expert on draft status nor do i even know much so iim not going to comment on it anymore. IF he does somehow get in i would love for the wolves to snatch him up

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    im no expert on draft status nor do i even know much so iim not going to comment on it anymore. IF he does somehow get in i would love for the wolves to snatch him up
    It sounds like a similar situation that Larry Fitzgerald had with the NFL a few years ago. You can only enter the NFL draft three years removed from your high school graduating class but Fitzgerald spent a post graduate year, so he was allowed to enter the NFL draft after only playing two years of college ball (I'm not sure if that rules changed or not, but that's what it was at the time).

Also I think the Wolves would be one of the few teams that would actually look forward to not getting the number 1 overall selection (the Kings are another one). If they got the first pick, they'd probably just take Griffin due to the outcry that would occur if they didn't select him but the team make up would be a little off kilter and they need a point guard much more than a third big.

isn't this what OJ Mayo tried to do when he was in his 5th year of highschool, but lost.

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

this is stupid...Griffin is already a proven athlete who is gonna be an imediete factor. Wall is 5th year senior (meaning he failed) who people have seen little of. Not that i think its so horrible that he failed, but it does leave you to wonder where exactly his mentality is at. You would be a fool to risk the first round pick on him, other than that, i believe he could go as 2nd or 3rd since this draft is weak.

If Wall enters he will be the #1 pick. He's one of the most naturally talented players I've seen in a long time.

Banned

I pity the team that takes Wall #1 overall.

I thought he was the projected first overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft.