Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Default Re: Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd

Whoa... someone just posted an imgur in a youtube comment that I'm pretty sure is illegal...

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Page got taken down.....good

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    We will find out who did this... right?

that person has gotta be scared $hitless that they aren't exposed.
    Why would they? Cops have nothing better to do than give traffic tickets

It blows my mind that people can get away with posting underage nudes

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Where is 4chan when you need them?
    ohai

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    After I read the Wiki page of the incident, and this. Damn, I have to agree with /b/ post.

That was not bullies bullying her, she welcomed them.
    Women's brains don't develop till they're near their mid-20's.

She couldn't process that far ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    That's why i have no problems with parents teaching their kids some self defense. These bullies needs to get their a$$ kick.
    no parents need to be involved in there kids lives and talk to them how to deal with social problems and be open and not keep issues like this to themselves. they need to be mature around kids and tell them that what you do on the internet is permanent and there are a holes who can and will take advantage of scenarios like this.

What I will say is that this shit is getting out of control. With the anonymity of the internet, people are just eating each other alive online.

This chick offs herself over this nonsense, and they're STILL making fun of her online? The general cruelty among humans, and the darker underbelly of society is really bubbling up to the surface on here, and at times, its a bit disturbing to see.

I commented on something regarding this chick, and several hours later a FB page of "Amanda" was trying to add me....

note the status updates:

http://www.facebook.com/amanda.todd.5494

So even in death, people out there are spitting on her grave? Really?

We can all rationalize her stupidity in dealing with this situation, and how silly, naive, young and dumb she was, but the end result is that this girl was literally harassed to the point of suicide. And she is still being ripped apart. Craziness.

edit to add: im even reading that on her memorial page, people are still coming in to post attacks on this girl. What kind of shit is that?

Society is going mad I tells ya.
    Last edited by oh the horror; 10-15-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Bullies are now ruthless nowadays with the anonymity of the internet. That's why you should never give your personal information or numbers to a stranger.

Harrassment isn't a crime anymore? You mean no one is going to jail over this shit, not even the stalker

The fvck...

Edit; nvm, they are investigating...
    Last edited by TheMan; 10-15-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Here are a couple of things I thought of:
    1. Her parents were probably divorced at some point. She indicated that she moved from her dad's to her mom's.
    2. She flashed her breasts in 2009-2010 so the whole "don't post/show something online if you don't want others to see it" was probably around. Angie Varona had her pics leaked only a couple years prior.

There are some things she can be blamed for. One is her having sex with that boy whose gf would later beat her up. Yes, that girl took it to the extreme, but Amanda did give her a reason to do it. Amanda may have done it out of sheer loneliness. Drugs and alcohol consumption? Yes, but let's not act like no other teens do them. I don't condone teen girls flashing their breasts online, but it's not like she did it at the first chance. She probably had some kind of relationship (most likely fabricated on the other end) with that stalker. Remember, she did it 1 year after she first started web caming.

Why didn't she get taught lessons about strangers? Maybe she did and she didn't listen like most kid wouldn't. Probably the only person who knows the whole story is her because she was so secluded. It'd be more clear if we got the parents' honest sides of the story.

Most people don't realize that she's a kid and probably were never put in her kind situation. I'm betting a lot of those internet bullies grew up with dial-up in their teens or were in high school when webcams were on the rise. People think that teens should be able to get over that stuff or to be able to make up a solution, but teens are very conditionable. Although they can act like it, they aren't fully capable adults.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Here are a couple of things I thought of:
    1. Her parents were probably divorced at some point. She indicated that she moved from her dad's to her mom's.
    Or never married

Don't get me wrong, because bullies are pieces of absolute sh*t, but why is this particular suicide story getting so much attention?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    Don't get me wrong, because bullies are pieces of absolute sh*t, but why is this particular suicide story getting so much attention?
    it is pretty obvious.

it is almost like the same thought processes that bullies use to select victims are the same ones people use to care or not care about victims of bullies. if they conform to some ideal they matter, if not who cares?

it might be a little more dramatic because she posted a youtube video before it happened, but i still don't believe if the girl was less attractive the situation would have garnered the same attention?

recently in australia this woman was taken, raped and murdered in melbourne.

these kinds of things aren't that common here, but when they happen they usually make the news for a week and then the story dies down. but this was the march in reaction to the news.

the story is sad and deserved the attention it got. but the problem is that so many stories don't. the problem isn't that tragedies that happen to attractive people illicit strong reactions, but that when they happen to less attractive people or socially important people they don't. somehow their value is worth less? something is seriously messed up with that, and in some ways it goes hand in hand with bullying because some type of distinction based on characteristics is made about the victims.
    Last edited by miller-time; 10-15-2012 at 07:09 PM.

So we have grown women becoming celebrities and being idolized because they are on tape sucking dick, but a teenager, i repeat a TEENAGER show her boobs and she deserves do die... ok...