Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Default Basketball games you play at the park (horse,lightning,21,etc..)

Aside from those game-

Lighting- played for 3 or more players

everyone lines up at the 3 point line, you shoot in couples. first person has to be a 3, if you make it your SAFE, if you miss it you have to rebound it and lay it or whatever before the person behind you hits his three or makes his FG. If he scores before you, you're out. play until there's only one.

Select- 2 players

I made this one up for a friend. He can't guard my post up or drive so I had to think of a way to keep the game competitive. We break down the half court into 3 zones- long distance, mid range, and paint. game is up to 7. you get to select your opponents ranges, no more then half the point from any one range. so like 3 long, 3 mid, and one paint. I usually let him shoot whatever he wants or give him 1 long, 3 mid, and 3 paint.

Horse, but we don't spell out horse we spell out f a g g o t. no one wants to lose.

------------

what games do you play?

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball games you play at the park (horse,lightning,21,etc..)

i am 24 and not in the best shape anymore. Anytime I can play 21 or something to get my legs warm before i start a pick up game, I am all for it.

I play one on one if there are only 2 people... 21 if there are 3, and 2 on 2 if there are 4. I'm not really a fan of those other games... but Lightning (sounds like knockout to me) is a fun game I just never play it anymore... we used to play at basketball camps all the time though.

Learning to shoot layups forensic91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    I play one on one if there are only 2 people... 21 if there are 3, and 2 on 2 if there are 4. I'm not really a fan of those other games... but Lightning (sounds like knockout to me) is a fun game I just never play it anymore... we used to play at basketball camps all the time though.
    Yeah, knockout is the sort of game I played when I was like 13-14... The only time I play it now is if im just fooling around with some friends

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

A good workout: knockout from half court.

Learning to shoot layups

Hella play 3 2 1... 21 with 3 seconds to shoot so the game moves fast.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

oh yeah, 21 tip in- if you miss and someone tips in the rebound in mid-air you go to either 11 or 0.

dedicate

a friend showed me this game but i think it'll only work with shooters

ideal for party of 3~5

each person start off with 21 points

you can shoot anywhere from the 3 pt line but it has to be beyond the 3

if person A makes it then it stacks up 1 point, then if person B makes it then it stacks up another 2 point, let's say person C misses it then you dedcut 2 points off person C's 21

whoever gets to zero first loses.

it can get crazy if it starts stacking up, i think we got to 13 or something at a point in time

jsut three's, start in the corner, have to make 7/10 to go to the next spot. if you dont get it, next person goes. if you get it, you keep going until you don't get 7/10 or higher in a particular spot. first person to go around the 3 point line's 5 spots and back wins. this game will get u wet

Quote Originally Posted by a rock
    Hella play 3 2 1... 21 with 3 seconds to shoot so the game moves fast.
    you should play with 3 dribbles so you at least have a chance to make a good move.

Saw a basketball once

Its a game they play out here in PA called 50. Never seen it played no where else and I lived mad places in my life. Its like 21 cept the FG’s are worth 10, FT’s are worth 5 pts and are unlimited. If you miss then the other players can “tip” or put back your miss and you go back to 0 pts. After a player makes 50 pts, he has to “call out” the other players one by one. If you score on the other player in the one on one portion then they out and you go on to the next player until you knockout everybody. If you miss the other player has to score on you then the everybody who didn’t get knocked out gets to come back and the game continues

[QUOTE=DevDaAllstar]Its a game they play out here in PA called 50. Never seen it played no where else and I lived mad places in my life. Its like 21 cept the FG

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Saw some dudes playing that about 3 months ago... or something just like it. I live in Sacramento.
    I never played it growing up and I'm from NC. I lived in Boston & NYC and never heard of it until I moved out here. The first time I heard of it there was me and like 2 other guys in the park and one says "you wanna play 50" I'm like whats dat and they start acting like I'm crazy or something. Till this day, I still don't like to play it cause it takes too long