Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Thinking of watching How I Met Your Mother is it similar to Friends?

Hey,

I never really watched HIYM and I was curious if it is worth watching it.

I enjoy shows like The Office and Friends in terms of comedy.

Sunshine State

Default Re: Thinking of watching How I Met Your Mother is it similar to Friends?

Could never get into it, people who like it are the same people who enjoy Big Bang Theory, which is even worse.

Default Re: Thinking of watching How I Met Your Mother is it similar to Friends?

Watch the first few episodes and you'll be hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Watch the first few episodes and you'll be hooked.
    Most people I've talked to say it takes about 10-15 episodes to really get into it.

A TV shows I was hooked from the start was Prison Break. I've watched it 2-3 times.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

idk if you have heard about the ending through social media, but spoilers in white:

[COLOR="White"]The ending sucks dick. The mom is dead after all and the main protagonist really just gets together with the friend.[/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year

I caught a rerun of friends. and it is terrible. its so childish how they cant say certain words and have to imply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Could never get into it, people who like it are the same people who enjoy Big Bang Theory, which is even worse.
    This is completely wrong. HIMYM is very well done comedy. It gets sillier towards the end (like most sitcoms). It is hilarious and out of Big Bang Theories league.

It is dirtier than Friends. Has some of the same themes of friendship and such. Give it a shot.

I watched and enjoyed it. There are definitely weaknesses to it but there are funny moments and the show has heart. Solid sitcom imo. I think it's one of the better attempts for a show geared toward the millennial generation.

If you have another show you've been meaning to watch..definitely go for that. But if you have no other show to go to, HIMYM is solid. I'd say the first 4, maybe 5 seasons of HIMYM are decent enough that it wouldn't be a complete waste of time to watch. But after that the show gets really forced...they get through all the funny story lines and interesting character development shit real fast, and you're left with like 4-5 seasons of the protagonist failing and hating his life, and endless "when the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck do we get to see the mother" moments. I found myself watching the second half of the show purely because I didn't want all the time I spent watching the first half of the show to go to waste...and I wanted to finally see the mother. It becomes a commitment more than anything, which is bullshit. And I don't care if this spoils anything, but the ending sucks ass. Arguably the worst ending to show I've ever seen.

But if you're looking for something comparable to The Office..this isn't it. Very few shows are on that level, The Office was just brilliant writing.

disregard that.

watch parks and rec

Yeah, if you are looking for a show like the office def go for parks and rec. In fact, I'd say I liked parks and rec more.

Friend's series ending>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>HIMYM series ending.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    Friend's series ending>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>HIMYM series ending.
    Out of curiosity, I watched the HIMYM ending. Seemed so pathetic.
    Also I always felt that Ross/Rachel off and on relationship was like a perfect example how opposites attract.
    I feel every guy in some point of their life can relate to what I bolded.

I tried watching HIMYM a few years ago but couldn't really get into it. I didn't like Friends in the beginning (mostly because of early seasons Monica) but eventually loved it.

All time favorite TV show though is Prison Break (the first time I watched it).

its worth watching. I usually watch an episode or two when I'm eating or on a break

Banned

its like a friends/seinfeld mixture