Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Did the Nuggets get overrated too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Well there goes any credibility you had with the Nuggets. McGee has been one of the very few bright spots. Karl just doesn't want to play him, when he's been in he's made an impact tho. He's doing work off the bench for sure. He's actually looked really good offensively, shown some post moves, finishing everything near the hoop. Continues to cut down on the stupidity.

Anyways I'm not sure if you can call them overrated. Hollinger and a few people in the media had them ranked pretty highly, we've seen their picks time after time fail. Any realistic person had them in the conversation with the 2nd tier West teams, which were Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies after L.A and OKC. Probably still too early too tell, but that's not looking true.

George Karl has really shit the bed this year. Usually the regular season is his thing but whatever reason this year he seems to be struggling. His rotations are off, his "offensive" system isn't working and the constant switching on defense has led to teams going nuts from 3 point land, again. Throw in guy's like Lawson & Gallo have worked through some major slumps and Denver's rough start is pretty pretty well explained. Lawson has always been an extremely efficient player who ran this team, right now he's extremely in efficient from everywhere. He can't hit FT's, 3's, little shots etc. Second he bounces back even a little bit, Denver looks brand new.

One thing I haven't seen alot of people mention is the schedule too. Denver has a crazy amount of games on the road. Def a team that thrives on their home floor running wild with the altitude. That could have something to do with the slow start. 7 games on the road, 5 at home. 2-1 at home so far and 2-5 away from it. Some absurd like 17 of their first 24 games will played away from Denver, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them to rip off a nice run January and throw themselves back into that 4-7 range.

Guess we'll see. Still far too early and if it continues I can honestly see Karl getting put on the hotseat.
    Hey I never claimed I watch all Nuggets games and know a bunch. Meaning I'm open to correction regarding McGee's play this year as I've only seen a handful of Nuggets games. No different than you thinking Bledsoe is an overrated role player at best.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Hey I never claimed I watch all Nuggets games and know a bunch. Meaning I'm open to correction regarding McGee's play this year as I've only seen a handful of Nuggets games. No different than you thinking Bledsoe is an overrated role player at best.
    But Eric Bledsoe is a role player? I say he's overrated when you call him more than one. I'm fine with you calling him a really good role player that can get hot and plays excellent D.

McGee has had a good season. He's looked good out there. Karl is keeping him with Dre, his breathing, Karl being Karl is what has kept him on the bench. Not his play.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

But Eric Bledsoe is a role player? I say he's overrated when you call him more than one. I'm fine with you calling him a really good role player that can get hot and plays excellent D.

McGee has had a good season. He's looked good out there. Karl is keeping him with Dre, his breathing, Karl being Karl is what has kept him on the bench. Not his play.
    I'm glad to know it's coach and not McGee taking a step back. Do you think the Nuggets need a different coach?

Is there ever a good time to be overrated?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm glad to know it's coach and not McGee taking a step back. Do you think the Nuggets need a different coach?
    Hard to say. McGee should be getting more burn, or atleast more burn during the games he's causing havoc for opposing teams. Denver's lack of shooting right now could be fixed by more Jordan Hamilton, which Karl has finally done. Karl has lost some games this year, poorly managed this far.

Right now I'd say it's just a rough start, in a few weeks if nothing changes Denver might be forced to make a coaching change simply to change things up.

I kinda want him gone but probably biased because of Denver's poor start.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Karl Knows what he's doing. I don't see the point in firing him unless you have someone with a plan in mind.

D, Antoni would've been a pretty decent coach for this team,

I can't understand how people can believe in a team with a definitive go to guy. A bunch of good players does not work, you need a damn star.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Ty have been very average, Farid is the only one playing well every game, in some ways its good they don't peak but the question is will they ever get on a run and turn it on? Im sure they will get it together they are a top 10 team in the NBA no doubt, strong bench as well it will come. They have a lot of hot and cold players like Gallo, Chandler, Javale and eventually they will get hot for a while

Nuggets have a ton of talent don't get me wrong, but as far as giving McGee that contract? Flat out stupid. I'm sorry but Nene is three times the player McGee will ever be. Ty Lawson is the key for this team. If he's playing bad, I feel like the Nuggets are playing bad but when he's hot? There is no denying he's a player that the team feeds off. Gallinari just can't stay healthy and he has a lot to prove in my book. He hasn't been shooting the ball well which scares me.

As far as Wilson Chandler, he was either good or just average in New York which is why I always called him inconsistent. He's another injury prone player that Denver has to deal with now, thank god. Hard to judge the Nuggets because of health but they really have no back to the basket low post players that can score. Faried has been the bright spot this year for them but he's a rodman type that rebounds and gets put backs, ala McGee.

I just don't see how people say Denver needs a new coach when clearly, Karl is proven in this league. Gave Randolph a pretty decent contract but he's a knucklehead lets be serious. Not getting paid much compared to the league but he is definitely overpaid for what kind of player he is. A lot of hype for this Denver team with some big contracts so we'll see how it pans out but right now, it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    They're overrated if people thought they could be truly elite for the simple fact that they have no one who even remotely resembles a super star. They have a collection of fine players but no one dominant player. I just can't seen them contending for a western conference championship or a title without that one dominant talent. People will always refer back to the 04' Pistons but they had several all stars and border line super stars, defensively in Wallace and offensively in Billups. I also believe that team was a bit of an aberration.
    Dude

Ben, Rasheed, Billups, and Rip are all better than anybody on the Nuggets right now.

Hell. Okur would be the Nuggets 1st option

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Dude

Ben, Rasheed, Billups, and Rip are all better than anybody on the Nuggets right now.

Disagree. Rasheed never did much of anything. Prince was better than he was on the Pistons. Ben Wallace, while a great defensive player, became overrated. Gimme some Manimal. And McGee has talent. And Lawson too, tho he'll never be as good as Chauncey. Gallo too.

Plus, look at their depth. They have room to make moves.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Nuggets have a ton of talent don't get me wrong, but as far as giving McGee that contract? Flat out stupid. I'm sorry but Nene is three times the player McGee will ever be.
    mcgee is playing well. 11/6/2...much smarter, improved ft...just playing better overall. 11 million per year. 25 years old.

nene...0 ppg, 0 rpg...14 million per year. 31 years old.

nice try though.

As far as Wilson Chandler, he was either good or just average in New York which is why I always called him inconsistent. He's another injury prone player that Denver has to deal with now, thank god.
    thank god denver has to deal with...

oh I get it. now I see what your deal is.

I just don't see how people say Denver needs a new coach when clearly, Karl is proven in this league. Gave Randolph a pretty decent contract but he's a knucklehead lets be serious. Not getting paid much compared to the league but he is definitely overpaid for what kind of player he is. A lot of hype for this Denver team with some big contracts so we'll see how it pans out but right now, it's not looking good.
    contracts arent our problems. especially when you use randolph as an example

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Dude

yeah...sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    He's not similar at all, from what I've seen. Jordan Hamilton is a shooter. Burks is a flat-out scorer.
    you havent seen enough

Hard to say. McGee should be getting more burn, or atleast more burn during the games he's causing havoc for opposing teams. Denver's lack of shooting right now could be fixed by more Jordan Hamilton, which Karl has finally done. Karl has lost some games this year, poorly managed this far.

Right now I'd say it's just a rough start, in a few weeks if nothing changes Denver might be forced to make a coaching change simply to change things up.

I kinda want him gone but probably biased because of Denver's poor start.

Karl's firing is 5 years overdue. His business partnership and friendship with Kroenke is the only reason he's there.

His philosophy on both ends of the court are just ABSOLUTELY wrong and have been. He sucks at in game adjustments, by simply not making any, and it's apparent he checks himself out during games. It's been called out by commentators and players in the past. He quit a long time ago, may as well be fired.

He's great in practice and developing players from a technical aspect, but his diva personality doesn't help them.