Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Official: Cavs acquire Big Ben, Wally, J. Smith, and D. West in 11-player deal

Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    1. It's DELONTE

2. This move sucks for the Bulls and Cavs.
    I agree, I think the Sonics got the best of this deal.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Wally World And Ben Wallace To Cavs!?!

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    So did Larry Hughes.

Obviously they have different strength's, but nothing is guaranteed in this league. And Wally averated 20 a game a looong time ago. He's broken down now.

The only pickup I like for Cavs is West. Other than that, the jury is out.
    Right, Wally averaged 20 a game as a SHOOTER. Hughes averaged 20 a game (on 40% shooting) as a SLASHER. Now tell me, with LeBron in the line-up, would you rather have a shooter or a slasher?

I love the trolls: "This is an awful deal for the Cavs. Wallets is old."

Then RBA: "10 reasons why this is a good deal, whether Wallace can produce like his Detroit days or not."

Trolls: "....Wallets is old."

Default Re: Done deal: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics pull off 11-player deal

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    , at anyone who says the Cavs will miss Gooden. Dude is an airhead and doesn't mesh with what LeBron brings to the court day in and day out.

Cavs gained better pieces for how they want to play, while maintaining salary-cap flexibility.

Cavs get a B for this trade.
    Does Smith have more offense than Gooden? I was mostly comparing Gooden to Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by omarnyc
    good deal for chicago, dumb trade for cleveland
    Yeah, losing Larry Hughes is such a crushing blow to the Cavs

That was a dumb acquisiting from day 1. The only reason they got him was because they struck out in the Ray Allen/Michael Redd sweepstakes. "We gotta get a name player!" They freaked out, fell in live with Hughes' 20 PPG on 40 percent shooting from the field, and overpaid dramatically for him.

He was never going to work out for them. Don't be fooled by his recent string of good games.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Official: Cavs acquire Big Ben, Wally, J. Smith, and D. West in 11-player deal

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    I agree, I think the Sonics got the best of this deal.
    I didn't expect you to say this. I thought you were going to be like the other idiot Cavs homers and proclaim this trade a "victory" for their team.

Local High School Star

Welcome to salary cap hell Lebron!
    Because he wasn't in salary cap hell before this trade?

High School Varsity 6th Man chuckyboy34's Avatar

I agree with almost everything you say generally.

But I think Ben is the starting 4.

Gibson the point guard.

West at the 2.

Lebron as the 3 and "point" forward.

Wally can play some 2 and 3.
    i think it will be a battle between gibson,west, and wally to see who gets the starting 1-2. i dun see delonte playing 2 though, to me he was always a pg. wally has more flexibility(2,3) while gibson can play 1,2 but i think he would prefer to shoot than pass(although he's a lil short for sg 6-2). as for pf and c.big z in the middle with big ben playing the starting four and joe going to 4 and sliding ben to the backup five.
    Last edited by chuckyboy34; 02-21-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Banned

Sonics win.

Gooden>Wallace.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Wally World And Ben Wallace To Cavs!?!

Quote Originally Posted by raid09
    Right, Wally averaged 20 a game as a SHOOTER. Hughes averaged 20 a game (on 40% shooting) as a SLASHER. Now tell me, with LeBron in the line-up, would you rather have a shooter or a slasher?

I love the trolls: "This is an awful deal for the Cavs. Wallets is old."

Then RBA: "10 reasons why this is a good deal, whether Wallace can produce like his Detroit days or not."

Trolls: "....Wallets is old."
    I never said the deal was awful. I said I liked the West pickup, and that the jury was out on the other two. And you act as if Wallace has been anything but terrible this season.

This is certainly no sure-fire upgrade. It has potential both ways. Dont appreciate you calling me a troll for skepticism on a trade thats clearly no landslide. Duuche.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I think, this is great deal for both teams (Cavs and Bulls).

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    Yeah, losing Larry Hughes is such a crushing blow to the Cavs

That was a dumb acquisiting from day 1. The only reason they got him was because they struck out in the Ray Allen/Michael Redd sweepstakes. "We gotta get a name player!" They freaked out, fell in live with Hughes' 20 PPG on 40 percent shooting from the field, and overpaid dramatically for him.

He was never going to work out for them. Don't be fooled by his recent string of good games.
    The way I see it, Hughes was a good defender. 2's might start to have better games against Cleveland. But, I do think Wallace will return to some sort of form and defend the post. Moving a perimeter defender for an interior defender.

Wallace better get a decent attutude though. He was negative and destructive to that Bulls team.

If it helps i just played a game of 2k with the new players on the Cavs and won

Nah but for real I wish we didnt have to give up Drew but we'll just have to see how it goes. One thing though is that Wallace should definitely help us out with Detroit in the playoffs, and with his overall experience in playoff basketball

Good college starter

Gooden > Bum Wallace

Actually playing young guys and letting them learn through their mistakes > playing Joe Smith 30 minutes a night.

Hughes sucks and Gooden is decent. Even though I could care less about who the Bulls got.

The coach-killing bum is gone. Good riddance and I can only hope the worst for Wallace. Mike Brown better watch his back.

I'm going to start watching games again now. It's been a good day.

Banned

This deal is gonna revitalize Larry Hughes career.... He is in a good situation in Chicago and will be able to have the ball in his hands much more. Gooden can score a little on the block and has an all around game as well. I like this trade for Chicago.

Local High School Star

Well, I can't say this reaction is surprising.

We have the Bulls fans, who have torn their eyes out watching Wallace all season, and are stoked because they think Hughes is an upgrade. They haven't seen how bad Hughes has been, they just assume he HAS to be better than Wallace.

Then we have the Cavs fans, who have torn their eyes out watching Hughes all season, and are stoked because they think Wallace is an upgrade. They haven't seen how bad Wallace has been, they just assume he HAS to be better than Hughes.

Then we have the Kobe nut huggers who use this thread as an opportunity to bash the Cavs.