Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    I just did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight, I did 3 yesterday and 2 on Wednesday. I feel so much better right now than I did a few days ago.
    They're kind of baby just man up type of feelings but honestly my knees/legs ache and stuff like that but jogging helped me with that. My knees and legs in general were more sore than normal the first few nights I did it, but after that my leg pains went away. It did the same thing for me. Now my legs ache again because I haven'tbeen able to run because I did something to my left wrist from the elbow all the way down to my hand. Getting it x-rayed and looked at this monday.

I weighted myself today after my 8 mile run yesterday and lost another 1.8 pounds. A total of 16+ since I started 22 days ago. I'm resting today though. My hip area is sore.

Banned

keep it up

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I weighted myself today after my 8 mile run yesterday and lost another 1.8 pounds. A total of 16+ since I started 22 days ago. I'm resting today though. My hip area is sore.
    Just out of curiosity, what are you eating throughout the day? What kind of meals/snacks/drinks are you consuming?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    Just out of curiosity, what are you eating throughout the day? What kind of meals/snacks/drinks are you consuming?
    Every morning I eat a bowl of Raisin Nut Bran and a glass of OJ. If I run I eat it after I run because my metabolism is kicked up from running to burn it off quick.

Between breakfast and lunch I'll have a fruit and maybe some shelled walnuts. I love walnuts. Awesome source for omega 3 and fatty acids. At lunch I'll have a small-ish lunch. Usually salad with a sandwich and some juice, or two sandwiches with walnuts and some juice. Something like that. Then for dinner I eat whatever my wife cooks. Which is anything from spaghetti to steak. I really don't care what I eat for dinner, if it's something that I know is horrible for me I'll eat it in moderation. If it's semi-good or good for me I'll load up on it.

I'll also have a snack between lunch and dinner. Maybe a snickers bar or something to curb my sweat tooth, most of the time it's fruit or something like that.

The hardest part is NOT eating after dinner. I'll eat around 7PM and won't go to bed until 11PM to 1AM and it's very hard to control not binge eating after dinner. I usually drink some water to help with that.

When I get down around 200-210 I'll probably end up eating a little bit more because I'll start lifting and weight training.

And just to mention my wife. She's extremely frustrated. She's trying to lose a little weight, and she's stuck. part of the problem is, is that she eats after dinner. Like every tonight. Then she weighs herself in random parts of the day. Your weight can fluctuate like 2-4 pounds in a day depending upon when you eat, drink or use the bathroom.

I weigh myself every morning between 7AM and 10AM completely naked after I've done #1 and #2 in the morning. I won't eat either until I've weighed myself and I won't weigh myself until I get rid of the waste. I try to get the most accurate measurement possible.

Local High School Star

Every morning I eat a bowl of Raisin Nut Bran and a glass of OJ. If I run I eat it after I run because my metabolism is kicked up from running to burn it off quick.

Between breakfast and lunch I'll have a fruit and maybe some shelled walnuts. I love walnuts. Awesome source for omega 3 and fatty acids. At lunch I'll have a small-ish lunch. Usually salad with a sandwich and some juice, or two sandwiches with walnuts and some juice. Something like that. Then for dinner I eat whatever my wife cooks. Which is anything from spaghetti to steak. I really don't care what I eat for dinner, if it's something that I know is horrible for me I'll eat it in moderation. If it's semi-good or good for me I'll load up on it.

I'll also have a snack between lunch and dinner. Maybe a snickers bar or something to curb my sweat tooth, most of the time it's fruit or something like that.

The hardest part is NOT eating after dinner. I'll eat around 7PM and won't go to bed until 11PM to 1AM and it's very hard to control not binge eating after dinner. I usually drink some water to help with that.

When I get down around 200-210 I'll probably end up eating a little bit more because I'll start lifting and weight training.

Eat right foods and you can also eat after dinner, even right before you go to sleep if you wish. It's a myth that if you eat late in the evening everything goes into fat. Its all about being in a deficit or suficit and not about meal timing.

After reading your meal plan I think you're losing mostly muscles and water. Instead of using a scale use a mirror as an indicator of your progress.
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 02-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Are you planning on having an affair?
    I'm literally rolling right now because my wife said this last night. Her exact words are, "Are you working out to leave me?" I literaelly face palmed myself... ...and sighed. And I then went...

Me: "No. I'm working out for myself only. I get tired of feeling like crap. If I don't work out, you crucify me about how out of shape I am. If I work out and give it 100% you ask if I'm getting ready to f*ck around on you? I can't win can I? But what about you? After we had Kalyn you went and worked out and lost like 30 pounds. Were you f*cking around on me?"

Wife: "No!"

Me: "Then please shut the f*ck up with the stupid questions."

Wife: "Psssssshttt"
    Last edited by Meticode; 02-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Eat right foods and you can eat after dinner, even right before you go to sleep if you wish. It's a myth that if you eat late in the evening everything goes into fat. Its all about being in a deficit or suficit and not about meal timing.

After reading your meal plan I think you're losing mostly muscles and water. Instead of using a scale use a mirror as an indicator of your progress.
    I disagree with that at least on a personal basis. Even if I eat the correct foods right before I slept or after dinner, like fruits or bread or something, I didn't lose the weight like I am now. Plus at night your digestive system and body wants to shut down. I want to get a good night sleep. And my body working to digest food at night makes me wake up like 3 or 4 times a night every couple hours which isn't good.

NBA sixth man of the year

You just gotta find what works for you and gets you the results you're looking for. Personally, I eat after dinner every night, usually something with vegetables so it's slowly digested, like celery w/ peanut butter or bell peppers with hummus. I play basketball and do intense circuit training 4x a week so my body is constantly craving food, which is why I eat at night.

I'm literally rolling right now because my wife said this last night. Her exact words are, "Are you working out to leave me?" I literaelly face palmed myself... ...and sighed. And I then went...

Me: "No. I'm working out for myself only. I get tired of feeling like crap. If I don't work out, you crucify me about how out of shape I am. If I work out and give it 100% you ask if I'm getting ready to f*ck around on you? I can't win can I? But what about you? After we had Kalyn you went and worked out and lost like 30 pounds. Were you f*cking around on me?"

Wife: "No!"

Me: "Then please shut the f*ck up with the stupid questions."

Wife: "Psssssshttt"
    Don't you DARE talk to her that way!!

Local High School Star

I disagree with that at least on a personal basis. Even if I eat the correct foods right before I slept or after dinner, like fruits or bread or something, I didn't lose the weight like I am now. Plus at night your digestive system and body wants to shut down. I want to get a good night sleep. And my body working to digest food at night makes me wake up like 3 or 4 times a night every couple hours which isn't good.

You can disagree with that but you're still wrong

1. Bread and fruits are surely not right foods to eat in the evening if you're planning to lose fat.(there are exceptions though). Try eating meat/eggs/fish + vegetables and then late in the evening you can eat curd(right word? food made from milk?) with healthy fats. Especially if you're training hard curd is good to eat late at night because it contains casein and it is slowly releasing into the blood through the night so your muscles are supplied with proteins for more time.

2. It's all about quantity. Daily calories intake.

Lets say your border is 2000 calories per day. If you eat 2300 calories per day you will be gaining fat/muscle(depends if you work out or not) whether you eat right foods or not. With right foods you are more likely to gain muscle mass and less fat and vice versa.

If you eat 1800 calories per day you will be losing weight(muscles,fat,water). You can lose weight if you eat wrong foods very easily if you're in a deficit but you will be losing mostly muscles and water, although on the scale it will show lower weight. If you have proper meal plan and work out plan and you're in a deficit(not to low with calories though, jo-jo effect) you will be losing mostly fat while keeping same muscle mass. That's the whole point actually.

3. Meal timing is not that important. If you eat 1800 calories in one meal(very unlikely, just an example) right before you go to sleep you will still be in a deficit and still losing weight.
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 02-04-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    3. Meal timing is not that important. If you eat 1800 calories in one meal(very unlikely, just an example) right before you go to sleep you will still be in a deficit and still losing weight.
    Done it. 2400 calories in fact.

Local High School Star

Empty calories I would say? Mcdonalds sh!t?

Lots of calories but very little usefull nutrients for your body probably

Banned

I'm just wondering, how old are you? I'm 18 so I don't have weigt problems ever..I just work out to be healthy and for sports.