Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Default Re: Rose Crossover!

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I asked because the crossover itself was unimpressive. Actually it could be called a travel and is an example of poor footwork but I digress....

The crossover in a highlight is not always why the play is considered a highlight.

Think about the Allen Iverson and Michael Jordan play. If the defender was Pete Myers and not MJ it wouldn't be a play worth mentioning even the day after. MJ was not totally lost, Iverson had crossed plenty of people up to then, and it was not at a critical point in the game.

is it in you?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    This guy is no better than BULLS when it comes to Derrick Rose.

It's going to be a long day for Da KO King if Rose gets ROY.

Vets around the league praise Rose, and teams double him, what a crappy rookie. Right?
    So are you saying I'm incorrect in that it is an example of poor footwork?

Rose winning Rookie of the Year would not bother me at all. Contrary to what Bull fans want to make people believe I said Rose had the ability to a top 5 PG as soon as next season with the right trainers and coaches.

As I've said many times before just because a guy is over-rated in my opinion does not mean he sucks.

Stacey King is the man. I hope he calls Bulls games for the next decade.

Thank you Undisputed. Stacey King is hilarious and actually understands today's game and today's players better than 50-75% of play by play guys around the league. I love it when he gets crazy like that, because like it or not, it totally captured the moment if you were watching the game live like me. I love when someone gets posterized and he pulls out the pen and autographs the replay. Not to mention he is extremely friendly to the fans anytime i've ever talked to him or seen him before or after games.

This guy is no better than BULLS when it comes to Derrick Rose.

It's going to be a long day for Da KO King if Rose gets ROY.

Vets around the league praise Rose, and teams double him, what a crappy rookie. Right?
    Well he wasnt incorrect saying Rose crossover was unimpressive. Just look at it. He really didnt do anything that cant be done in a bball drill. The reason we love/like this highlight is because Andre Miller fell. His head followed the ball but his body wanted to keep on going the other direction. You ever play a video game with a glitch and the player slides on the court? Kinda reminded me of that. So he isnt hating saying the crossover was unimpressive.

And speaking on his footwork is valid as well. DA KO King doesnt hate moreso is critical of the flaws in Rose game that the casual fan tends to ignore or be oblivious too. Plus he is a scout so his eye for the game/players is different than ours. He is lookin at things we tend not too. He's never slammed Rose.

But he does hate on my boy AI cuz he is a Knicks/Marbury. AI as a youngster used to give Newwwww York Neeeeeew York the business fouling out thier PGs. Plus the beef/rivalry of Marbury vs AI was pretty fun/entertaining back then as well. Marbury always wondered why he never got the same credit as AI did when he produced and impacted just as well. Marbury will and has never been better than Bubba Chuck DA KO King.

Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal

is it in you?

WORD.

Rose winning Rookie of the Year would not bother me at all. Contrary to what Bull fans want to make people believe I said Rose had the ability to a top 5 PG as soon as next season with the right trainers and coaches.

As I've said many times before just because a guy is over-rated in my opinion does not mean he sucks.
    if it was poor footwork, it's obviously versatile enough to bring a veteran pg to the ground . how did he travel? how is it poor footwork? and how the FU[COLOR="Black"]C[/COLOR]K is derrick rose overrated when he just got the eastern conference rookie of the month over oj mayo and michael beasley?

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Thank you Undisputed. Stacey King is hilarious and actually understands today's game and today's players better than 50-75% of play by play guys around the league. I love it when he gets crazy like that, because like it or not, it totally captured the moment if you were watching the game live like me. I love when someone gets posterized and he pulls out the pen and autographs the replay. Not to mention he is extremely friendly to the fans anytime i've ever talked to him or seen him before or after games.
    Damn it took Stacey King THIS long to be good for the Bulls in some form or fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Well he wasnt incorrect saying Rose crossover was unimpressive. Just look at it. He really didnt do anything that cant be done in a bball drill. The reason we love/like this highlight is because Andre Miller fell. His head followed the ball but his body wanted to keep on going the other direction. You ever play a video game with a glitch and the player slides on the court? Kinda reminded me of that. So he isnt hating saying the crossover was unimpressive.

And speaking on his footwork is valid as well. DA KO King doesnt hate moreso is critical of the flaws in Rose game that the casual fan tends to ignore or be oblivious too. Plus he is a scout so his eye for the game/players is different than ours. He is lookin at things we tend not too. He's never slammed Rose.

But he does hate on my boy AI cuz he is a Knicks/Marbury. AI as a youngster used to give Newwwww York Neeeeeew York the business fouling out thier PGs. Plus the beef/rivalry of Marbury vs AI was pretty fun/entertaining back then as well. Marbury always wondered why he never got the same credit as AI did when he produced and impacted just as well. Marbury will and has never been better than Bubba Chuck DA KO King.

He was hating man. Saying the crossover is "umimpressive" is absolutely pathetic. It wasn't an amazing cross, but it was enough to put a veteran PG all the way on his ass.

U just knew some people had to come in here and discredit Rose just because.

"And speaking on his footwork is valid as well. DA KO King doesnt hate moreso is critical of the flaws in Rose game that the casual fan tends to ignore or be oblivious too." ----- GOBB on DA KO King.

So Rose's crossover somehow turned into a discussion of Derrick's flaws????

Whack ass ish right here.

U 2 couldn't just the let the play be what it is.

Overrated? As a rookie, he's playing like a seasoned vet. What does it take for you to be impressed by a rookie? Everytime you get the chance to downgrade Rose, you do.

Poor footwork doesn't get you to the hoop whenever you want. Call it unorthodox. Poor is not the word because it's effective.

Overrated? As a rookie, he's playing like a seasoned vet. What does it take for you to be impressed by a rookie? Everytime you get the chance to downgrade Rose, you do.

Poor footwork doesn't get you to the hoop whenever you want. Call it unorthodox. Poor is not the word because it's effective.
    bulls fans unite!

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I asked because the crossover itself was unimpressive. Actually it could be called a travel and is an example of poor footwork but I digress....

The crossover in a highlight is not always why the play is considered a highlight.

Think about the Allen Iverson and Michael Jordan play. If the defender was Pete Myers and not MJ it wouldn't be a play worth mentioning even the day after. MJ was not totally lost, Iverson had crossed plenty of people up to then, and it was not at a critical point in the game.
    Anytime somebody gets dropped off a dribble move, its impressive. The crossover wasnt the purest form of the move but I don't think it was a travel, and it clearly worked.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Damn it took Stacey King THIS long to be good for the Bulls in some form or fashion?

Yeah whatever dude. He has rings and got to play with MJ and Scottie and is fun to listen to every game. He isn't like an older play by play guy who is out of touch with this generation of NBA. Put him down however you'd like, he's luckier than most people.

Yeah whatever dude. He has rings and got to play with MJ and Scottie and is fun to listen to every game. He isn't like an older play by play guy who is out of touch with this generation of NBA. Put him down however you'd like, he's luckier than most people.
    yeah i like him too . who i really like is that fred sanford-lookin' commentator who works with kendall gill and that other guy in the pregame show .. i forgot his name .. and what happened to johnny red kerr?

He was hating man. Saying the crossover is "umimpressive" is absolutely pathetic. It wasn't an amazing cross, but it was enough to put a veteran PG all the way on his ass.
    So saying it was unimpressive is pathetic but saying it wasnt amazing is ok? As they say on nfl countdown with boomer, ditka, keyshawn, cris carter and tom jackson?

[FONT="Arial Black"]C'MON MAN!!![/FONT]

"And speaking on his footwork is valid as well. DA KO King doesnt hate moreso is critical of the flaws in Rose game that the casual fan tends to ignore or be oblivious too." ----- GOBB on DA KO King.

So Rose's crossover somehow turned into a discussion of Derrick's flaws????
    His footwork was on display when he did the unimpressive crossover. What should anyone say if they deem something unimpressive?

"I wont explain why. It was just unimpressive"

U 2 couldn't just the let the play be what it is.
    You 2? Now you're lumping me as someone who didnt enjoy the highlight? Why? Dont answer because its typical of posters here. So caught up in replying and defending they forget who they are replying to and why.

I laughed at the highlight in the Bulls vs Sixers gamethread and and this happened right AFTER he chased down Andre Miller and blocked his shot which I as well.

My response in this thread was to a poster who exagerrated this being the best crossover he's ever seen. I've seen hundreds better. Thats no knock but the highlight was moreso Andre Miller falling and not the actual crossover.

I still laugh at the play. Andre Miller got sat down. I dont have to overrate it because you can watch Jamal Crawford do a crossover move not many in this thread could pull off. What Rose did? You could do. Whether you drop your man? Probably not unless you set him up right and are quick to change direction. But the shyt Jamal Crawford does? Nah. To me? Thats an impressive crossover. But it doesnt diminish from Rose highlight dropping Dre Miller.

Hopefully you can understand and we dont sit here arguing back and forth over something silly.

You got to calm down and lighten up. And dont reply you are. It was a joke on Stacey King who really was nothing more than bench fodder for the Bulls. You know it, I know it and I'm sure HE knows it. But the fact he can commentate and be relevant? Entertain an audience as it seems? Its funny he can finally provide something to the Bulls fans. Thats the joke in it all. He's not exempt from getting joked on because he played for a team u beloved. Nor is he exempt because he collected rings by doing nothing much. The logic in your reply is silly.

You either laugh or you dont. But lighten up.