Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Who Wins? College vs Euro

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Are they rumored to sign Sasha Vujacic away from the Lakers? I hadn't heard that one yet.
    I never said that.not Vujacic,Vujcic the great Nicola Vujcic.Players like Sasha Vujacic there are plenty of in Europe he wouldn't be an impact.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    I don't think Sasha Vujcic is good enough to be a starter on a good euroleague team
    His game grew a ton within the last year. Before last year nobody wanted him in the NBA. Last year his game grew tremendously and he was actually a good role player for the Lakers. He's not a starter in the NBA but he can contribute. He plays decent defense now and he can shoot well. I'm sure everybody saw what he did in the finals. If he can contribute like that in the NBA I would think he could be a starter in the Euroleague.

NBA lottery pick

Well, it looks like we were a little ahead of ourselves because it's a rumor today

[QUOTE]Lakers

Well, it looks like we were a little ahead of ourselves because it's a rumor today
    Yeah his game has improved and he would do well in europe but what I am saying is he won't be a star as there are tons of players of his standard in his position in europe.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

He'll be a bust

NBA lottery pick

I agree he wouldn't be a star in any league, but he certainly isn't a bust. He almost was in the NBA if it wasn't for last year. The kid practiced hard and his game grew. He has good size for his position which is something you can't teach. He already averaged 14.4 ppg in Italy which with your shorter game times that can hardly be considered a bust. If he's better now and already put up that kind of number I'm sure he can put up nearly 20ppg in the Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    That writer is pretty funny. David Harrison is rawhe needs to get some more P.T. or somthin. Kwame prolly would tear ut up in europe
    Kwarme brown would be a bust in europe unless he played in great britain for about 100,000 dollars a year tops!!! and that would be well above everybody else!!to say he would tear it in europe is laughable,the guy would not be able to compete in euroleague.

NBA lottery pick

Kwame is a bust, whether he plays here or there. Cassell could still play though. He might be old but he still has some game left. He contributed to the NBA champions last year. But yeah most of those people aren't going to have professional basketball jobs in the near future.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

This ****ing thread is not even ****, it's not worth being valued that high. David Harrisson is thrash, he could play in the Netherlands since marijuana is legal there, that's the only place I can see him at, besides warming up a bench in Europe, say Iran, a good European league. What the ****?? Horry and Cassell would be superstars only in Iran, not in Europe. Kwame Brown is terrible, this writer makes it seem like Europe is a bunch of losers kissing American ass. Honestly, Ricky Davis wouldn't even find a place on any team he signed, unless it was outside of Europe or North American. Oh, and Jason Williams is capable of everything a Euro point can do, such as get injured often, I don't even have the words to describe this absolute disrespect after his(the writer's) country got whooped in World competitions since 2002 and counting. Who would sign Shaun Livingston, besides the mighty Iranians? Does anyone need problems in the locker room? If anyone does, why don't they just sign Kwame Brown, or Shaun Livingston, or Ricky Davis. This ****ing writer pissed me off so much, he has no idea what he's talking about and he makes money for the **** he puts into people's heads, mainly the American public. I don't find any of this **** funny, it's like an American movie made about Europe, say Eurotrip, having a Man U supporters bar in the middle of London, ****ing idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    God awful thread!The guy clearly hasnt got a clue and I ain't just talking about his poor european basketball knowledge.I mean he mentions Iran as a good european option for sam cassell!!! Christ I hope the yanks don't bomb iran!!They probably think its next to France!Cassell and Horry are too old they would not make it in europe!not now anyway.Kwarme I already said he is plain old dog****e.If they think that any old failure could just go to europe and play?they could be right as europe has a lot of leagues but when they think europe they think euroleague,they think that you have nba in states and euroleague in europe.In europe you have all the domestic leagues apart from the euroleague ,uleb and eurocup!!!Not every team in europe plays in the euroleague!not every club in europe can pay millions in salary.Especially not the ones that could do with kwarme brown,like a british club or a ****e german club.Yes Kwarme could get a job in europe but he won't be getting megabucks as he would not go to a big club.
    And whats his obsession with this assumption that us europeans have only just discovered deodrant and that they have an affinity with body hair?This guy,if atall funny its because he is so thick!
    You do realize that while bashing this guy for generalizing Europeans, you're doing the same thing with regards to Americans?

Most knowledgeable basketball fans know that the Euroleague is similar to Champion League.

Friggin' PAT BURKE averaged 8.4 ppg in the ACB for Real Madrid and Tau Ceramica! If PAT BURKE can land a spot on premier clubs like those, then Kwame Brown, Robert Horry, or David Harrison certainly can.

The bottom line is that even the Memphis Grizzlies would beat a top European club like CSKA or Maccabbi more times than it would lose. There's a reason top European talent like Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez want to come to the NBA.

As for NCAA teams vs. Euroleague teams, this is a dumb comparison, of course most good second divison Euro clubs will beat a good NCAA team.
    Last edited by Grinder; 07-26-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Banned

not now with CHildress, Mayb landry nacbar and some other NBA players going there. Remember these were the Best college players

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

The problem with the interleague games especially the ones at the nba home arenas were that nba company men officiated those games so we don't really know really how good either team really were. The nba is set up so that every team has a 20 ppg star and every teams scores 80 a night, regardless of how bad the team is and I think the nba even engineers some wins for the worser teams. The Euroleague's more honest and they'll allow a 60-59 game and not limit defenses or call fouls to inflate the scores. It's primarily the hands off approach the euroleague has that I prefer the euroleague to the nba. I have a feeling team usa is going to struggle because they're not used to the euroleague environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    You do realize that while bashing this guy for generalizing Europeans, you're doing the same thing with regards to Americans?

Most knowledgeable basketball fans know that the Euroleague is similar to Champion League.

Friggin' PAT BURKE averaged 8.4 ppg in the ACB for Real Madrid and Tau Ceramica! If PAT BURKE can land a spot on premier clubs like those, then Kwame Brown, Robert Horry, or David Harrison certainly can.

The bottom line is that even the Memphis Grizzlies would beat a top European club like CSKA or Maccabbi more times than it would lose. There's a reason top European talent like Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez want to come to the NBA.

As for NCAA teams vs. Euroleague teams, this is a dumb comparison, of course most good second divison Euro clubs will beat a good NCAA team.
    I disagree memphis would lose more than they would win against the likes of cska.The reason Marc and rudy want to go to the nba is because players still feel they have to go there to prove themselves,but slowly that will change and i bet more european players will start coming back after they have had 2 or 3 seasons there.They will experience it and thats it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

This is the best post in this thread. I will give you props for this.

This is the best post in this thread. I will give you props for this.
    I dont see the similarities.bashing one guy to bashing a whole continent.Plus the guy is totally ignorant.Iran as a recognizable league is bad enough but to say its in europe is plain ignorant.
    Anyway the guy deserves no more of my attention.
    I see Krstic has also joined a russian team lyubertsy,another middle of the road european team,not euroleague.