Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Where Americans are moving to. Guess what state has 3 of the top 5?

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Austin is probably the most lib city in the US.
    Austin is not the most liberal city in America. It just stands out compared to the rest of Texas. I've been to Austin, Berkeley, CA and Northampton, MA and those other two are definitely more liberal.

I just googled this to verify this and Austin doesn't even appear on the lists of top 20 liberal cities in America.

San Francisco usually tops the list
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 12-01-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Austin > Ft.Worth >>>>>>>>>>> Dallas > Houston >>>>>>>>>> SA.

Every true Texan would agree.
    Are you from Austin?

As a music fan and a barbecue fan, I could definitely live in Austin, the only thing I wouldn't like is the heat in Summer.

As an East Coaster the geography in Texas trips me out. Drove from Ft. Worth to Austin and it is flaaaaat.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Austin is not the most liberal city in America. It just stands out compared to the rest of Texas. I've been to Austin, Berkeley, CA and Northampton, MA and those other two are definitely more liberal.

I just googled this to verify this and Austin doesn't even appear on the lists of top 20 liberal cities in America.

San Francisco usually tops the list
    Really? P tiddy stated this as fact in another thread.
    Last edited by ace23; 12-01-2012 at 12:47 AM.

National High School Star

Are you from Austin?

As a music fan and a barbecue fan, I could definitely live in Austin, the only thing I wouldn't like is the heat in Summer.

As an East Coaster the geography in Texas trips me out. Drove from Ft. Worth to Austin and it is flaaaaat.
    Yes, I'm from Austin. I love Texas, but the summers are awful. I don't know how long I can handle it. I've never been to east coast, lol.

think about it. it's the most liberal city in a pretty conservative state. the others are the most liberal cities in fairly liberal states.

I mean Karl Rove worked out of Austin for decades.

It's a state capital so Texas politicians and lobbyist and all that would be there too.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Are ISH Texans really arguing that their state is liberal just to fit in with ISH's resident left-wing majority?

I've never been to east coast, lol.
    Even on long trips on the East Coast, you're never on a basically endless straight highway, there's always hills and dips and curves. And a heck of a lot more trees.

Austin > Ft.Worth >>>>>>>>>>> Dallas > Houston >>>>>>>>>> SA.

Every true Texan would agree.
    Nah. SA/Houston > Austin > Dallas/Ft.Worth

Austin is a wannabe NYC with a bunch of hipsters. Dallas misses out on all the delicious food that the southern cities have. Houston's traffic sucks balls but they have maybe the most cool places to go. SA is super chill and also has great food and is CHEAP AS SHIT but has less places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Are ISH Texans really arguing that their state is liberal just to fit in with ISH's resident left-wing majority?
    No.

They are arguing the entire state isn't Lubbock.

No.

well played

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

No.

What's wrong with Lubbock?

Did I say anything was wrong with Lubbock? [COLOR="White"]Other than the fact it's a hellhole filled with small-minded people reminiscent of the Taliban according to this one internet comment I just read.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 12-01-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Well, besides there being nothing there other than T-Tech, having crazy conservative people, and being a cotton/production town...I guess nothing

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

think about it. it's the most liberal city in a pretty conservative state. the others are the most liberal cities in fairly liberal states.

I mean Karl Rove worked out of Austin for decades.

It's a state capital so Texas politicians and lobbyist and all that would be there too.
    You don't know what you're talking about...

Austin is primarily a college town and it is RETARDEDLY LIBERAL

It is about as hippie as it gets, every coffee shop comes equiped with a long haired musician lol

Bill Maher goes there for stand ups and is hailed as a king

All that being said I don't know how you would gauge how liberal a city is compared to another, but I have heard Austin reffered to as the second most liberal city in the country behind SF more than once.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Nah. SA/Houston > Austin > Dallas/Ft.Worth

Austin is a wannabe NYC with a bunch of hipsters. Dallas misses out on all the delicious food that the southern cities have. Houston's traffic sucks balls but they have maybe the most cool places to go. SA is super chill and also has great food and is CHEAP AS SHIT but has less places to go.
    Austin is about the farthest thing from NYC on the planet...I can't think of anything those two cities have in common.

Dallas is the closest thing to NYC in Texas...and we have plenty of great food