Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The Truth about Food in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Anyone who's been outside of the US can attest...the food tastes better. The fruit is sweeter, the flavor is cleaner..
    Not true at all.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

What an idiotic statement.....so because we're not some 3rd world country torn apart by war, corruption, or crime we shouldn't try to fight the problems we DO have?
    Shut up, muppet. Go hunt and grow your own food and then come back to me and whine about this shit. No? I didn't think so. Besides, you are such a fukking idiot that if the chemicals in american food is shortening your life then it is doing us all a favor. Nobody will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Shut up, muppet. Go hunt and grow your own food and then come back to me and whine about this shit. No? I didn't think so. Besides, you are such a fukking idiot that if the chemicals in american food is shortening your life then it is doing us all a favor. Nobody will miss you.
    Just because LeRoid puts chemicals in his body...don't make it alright

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

HFC syrup is the killer

NBA All-star

the good ole' US is number 1 in oil consumption and roughly takes up 20% of world consumption, while ranks number 10 in reserve and this of course, only takes in the consideration of 'proven oil reserves' without even considering the 'reserves' that are currently sanctioned for commercial use

the reality is when policies are made in the U.S. without it guiding towards the goal of evolution, it is a failure at the attempt of the separation of church and state

so the blinding truth in front of ourselves was, the necessity of Las Vegas in order to keep the so-called government in tact

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Anyone who's been outside of the US can attest...the food tastes better. The fruit is sweeter, the flavor is cleaner..

Thats an issue of what food you choose to buy. The pears picked way before ripe and shipped across the country if not planet arent gonna be as good as the ones a farmer picked in their prime yesterday and sold at a market or on the side of the road.

You shouldnt go where you know the food is from 6 thousand miles away and expect it to be as fresh and at peak level as something from down the street. But we dont want to pay down the street prices because those people have to charge more than Walmart.

You can go get a fresh old school style tiny chicken with less breast meat and no added chemicals or anti biotics from a guy who has like 30 to sell instead of truck loads. But it will cost more...so most people dont.

Its not about what food is there to purchase. Its about Americans being gluttons who need giant servings so we dont buy the smaller fresher more expensive foods that are produced locally. We buy giant chickens for 4 bucks....or straight up fried chicken bought from the same people.

We arent gonna just....go get a small natural chicken and grill it.

We are about whats cheap and fast with the most food for the least money.

You can eat well in America...and not go broke. But portion sizes have to cut in half to where they were in the 70s.

My mom used to give me a single Mcdonalds cheese burger and I was content. I see 8 year olds getting 2 double cheeseburgers and some nuggets with a medim drink that would have been a large when I was a kid. Kids who arent even fat. The fat kids get 2 for 5 big macs a large fry and a drink that would have been for the whole family in 1980. Literally. They will give you a 42 oz drink. 4 people would have had like 10 ounces each 30 years ago.

The kids size soda at Mcdonalds is now larger than the ONLY size they sold from the 50s to the 70s. Their only drink was 10 ounces. The child size now is 12.

Parents used to tell kids to drink slow. Save some for when you finish your food. Now? Kids drink a whole cup warming up to have the food. A cup as they eat. And a cup to wash it down.

That isnt an issue of American food. Thats an issue of parenting and education.

People out here putting pepsi in 2 year olds sippy cup because they dont want water. You think anyone gave a shit what I wanted at 2? Heres some ****ing water. If youre thirsty you will drink it.

People are ****ed up because we **** ourselves up. Not because society gives up the option. We still have to choose to live that way.

I have lived in Europe for the past 13 years. Whenever I am back in the States, I can't help but notice how huge everyone is. There certainly is a difference in what people are eating. On our trips to the States, my 11 year old daughter is always complaining about how sweet everything is. She's not used to it.

People are trying to defend the unhealthy shit that is put in US foods?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Unhealthy is relative. Unhealthy compared to who?

A lot of these discussions hinge on the modern toxins obsession where people who know nothing about chemistry or the body assume toxins are everywhere and things they can

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    I have lived in Europe for the past 13 years. Whenever I am back in the States, I can't help but notice how huge everyone is. There certainly is a difference in what people are eating. On our trips to the States, my 11 year old daughter is always complaining about how sweet everything is. She's not used to it.
    This is one thing I will absolutely agree with you on.

It's really sad. It's a big result of areas where people live where there is no terrain to sustain physical exercise.

Of course, bad eating habits too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Unhealthy is relative. Unhealthy compared to who?

A lot of these discussions hinge on the modern toxins obsession where people who know nothing about chemistry or the body assume toxins are everywhere and things they can’t pronounce are harmful while half of their grandparents generation were eating 4 day old hog knuckles and dying at 46 with worm eggs in their brains from the slop they fed pigs before GMO corn.

You could convince most Americans dihydrogen monoxide were a harmful toxin if you showed it to them on an ingredients list.

your grandparents grew up dirt poor then...middle class folk had much better food.

and back then you had to move a lot to get anything done, so thats huge. now we stare at screens.

After all, our food and our health are deeply connected. American healthcare spending has ballooned to $3.5tn a year, and yet we are sicker than most other developed countries. Meanwhile, our food system contains thousands of chemicals that have not been proven safe and many that are banned in other countries.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...is-hurting-you

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    Isn't like 50% of the US population obese there?

Bunch of fatties