Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Euro-basketball,nba freezone thread.

CSKA got their asses kicked badly by the Magic 94-66. D-12 had 28 points and 10 rebounds and 5 steals in 28 minutes. Smodis and Lorbek were completely owned.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Didn't see the game but you guys likely know my feelings about the nba refs and these exhibitions. The games are manipulated and it's the same crap the day traders do on wall street. Coming from a basketball guy the main thing that turns me off from the nba is the insecurity. David Stern is paranoid about his perceived margin of superiority and nba players have identity issues. I don't get the paranoia, it's all about the bottom line and what the euroleague does really doesn't effect it. The nba bottom line suck's because the nba sucks from David Stern to the hot dog vendor that can't keep the rat crap out of hot dogs at games. It's been time for a change for a long time with the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    CSKA got their asses kicked badly by the Magic 94-66. D-12 had 28 points and 10 rebounds and 5 steals in 28 minutes. Smodis and Lorbek were completely owned.
    Yeah, I was at the game, it got ugly quick. I really thought CSKA would give the Magic a run for their money.

At any rate, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I love reading about and watching Euro basketball and I think I've come to the right forum in choosing this one.
    Last edited by Huey Freeman; 10-11-2008 at 03:06 AM.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    Yeah, I was at the game, it got ugly quick. I really thought CSKA would give the Magic a run for their money.

At any rate, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I love reading about and watching Euro basketball and I think I've come to the right forum in choosing this one.
    Hi thanks for joining us.I think people make a lot about these games,both when euro teams win or when an nba beat a supposedly good euro side.But the thing is the europeans have the euroleague and their domestic league to play and they are playing these friendlies to get some money inbetween.Make no mistakes, these games are nothing for the players,they don't want to get injured in these games when they have big games coming up,for anyone(and there are loads out there!)who think that these are high priority games for the europeans and they are highly motivated, you are so wrong. Cska are more interested in their upcoming euroleague games by far,when barca go there next week,they will be in the start of their season(currently playing their 3rd match )and about to start the euroleague,these games are a pain!a total inconvenience nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Hi thanks for joining us.I think people make a lot about these games,both when euro teams win or when an nba beat a supposedly good euro side.But the thing is the europeans have the euroleague and their domestic league to play and they are playing these friendlies to get some money inbetween.Make no mistakes, these games are nothing for the players,they don't want to get injured in these games when they have big games coming up,for anyone(and there are loads out there!)who think that these are high priority games for the europeans and they are highly motivated, you are so wrong. Cska are more interested in their upcoming euroleague games by far,when barca go there next week,they will be in the start of their season(currently playing their 3rd match )and about to start the euroleague,these games are a pain!a total inconvenience nothing else.
    I'm really looking forward to this, then we can finally crown a world champion.

http://www.ballineurope.com/national...ll-be-crowned/
    Last edited by Huey Freeman; 10-11-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    I'm really looking forward to this, then we can finally crown a world champion.

http://www.ballineurope.com/national...ll-be-crowned/
    in truth I hope it doesn't happen, for two reasons, 1st i think the nba and the euroleague are two different beasts and should remain so.the closer the euroleague tries to get to nba in style the more damage it does to itself.secondly they still would be wrong to call themselves world champions because just like canda and the us dont constitute the whole world niether does adding europe to it.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

in truth I hope it doesn't happen, for two reasons, 1st i think the nba and the euroleague are two different beasts and should remain so.the closer the euroleague tries to get to nba in style the more damage it does to itself.secondly they still would be wrong to call themselves world champions because just like canda and the us dont constitute the whole world niether does adding europe to it.
    Both leagues are competitors but I don't think what either league success effects the other negatively. I think having two strong leagues helps both the nba and the euroleague by introducing the game to both markets and increasing their market share in entertainment.

they still would be wrong to call themselves world champions because just like canda and the us dont constitute the whole world niether does adding europe to it.
    "The participating clubs will be the organiser, one representative from Africa, two from the Americas, one from Asia, two from Europe and one from Oceania."