Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli

3. According to a poster on the Clutch BBS, McGrady has been traded for Richardson and Tucker, although salaries don't match and he has yet to have a credible source apart from 'AZ radio', so it could well be simple BS.
    No source and the salaries don't match, so why even spreading the rumor? Seems only way Heat get TMac is for O'Neal, OR Richardson/Haslem combo. I'm doubting either one happens, even though Riley wants TMac.

OK, this is a trade that works for everyone:

Rockets save $4 million in luxury tax money plus prorated portion of $4million in salaries rest of year. So that's probably over $6 million total savings. Get two very useful players with size for rest of year and for playoffs. Only Jeffries has salary past 2010.

Bulls lose Miller, but get two impact scorers that they desperately need without taking on any 2010 salary. Bulls are known to really covet Harrington. Getting two scorers without giving up any core pieces is a big win.

Knicks open cap space for 2010 with this move and at same time get a "franchise player" the rest of the season. Probably hurts Knicks win total this season, but dumping Jeffries very worth it.

C'mon now....this is a good trade.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Rockets save $4 million in luxury tax money plus prorated portion of $4million in salaries rest of year. So that's probably over $6 million total savings. Get two very useful players with size for rest of year and for playoffs. Only Jeffries has salary past 2010.

Bulls lose Miller, but get two impact scorers that they desperately need without taking on any 2010 salary. Bulls are known to really covet Harrington. Getting two scorers without giving up any core pieces is a big win.

Knicks open cap space for 2010 with this move and at same time get a "franchise player" the rest of the season. Probably hurts Knicks win total this season, but dumping Jeffries very worth it.

I can't find anything wrong with this. Great trade for all teams involved. Well done.

Actually, we kind of get screwed by the Bulls in this. How about we get James Johnson from them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    I can't find anything wrong with this. Great trade for all teams involved. Well done.

Actually, we kind of get screwed by the Bulls in this. How about we get James Johnson from them as well?
    Bulls do make out the best, but Knicks would be so happy to get rid of JJ, Walsh wouldn't even care.

Rockets are still the ones who hesitate because of JJ. Why they don't want him is beyond me, because JJ seems like a perfect Rocket player...tough defense, willing passer, good size, versatile....I don't get why Morey is so down on him........

Bulls do make out the best, but Knicks would be so happy to get rid of JJ, Walsh wouldn't even care.

Rockets are still the ones who hesitate because of JJ. Why they don't want him is beyond me, because JJ seems like a perfect Rocket player...tough defense, willing passer, good size, versatile....I don't get why Morey is so down on him........
    I know that this trade is fine, but I feel like we could get more than that. We don't really get anything of value other than Cap Space and give up two players that are worth something. As a last minute trade, it's fine but I feel like we could do better if we're giving up Harrington and Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    I know that this trade is fine, but I feel like we could get more than that. We don't really get anything of value other than Cap Space and give up two players that are worth something. As a last minute trade, it's fine but I feel like we could do better if we're giving up Harrington and Nate.
    Although you are right in that the Knicks give up most and get least...however, Knicks are also the most desperate to make the trade. It's getting late in the game now, and Walsh has got to get rid of JJ or Curry soon.

If Rockets or Bulls throw Knicks an extra decent expiring player for rest of year, even better......

Bagelred, that was one of the best trades you have ever suggested.

Rockets

-Save Money
    -Get one expiring contract
    -Get Jeffries whose one year deal after this year would be of great value
    -Get a 7'0 with passing skills

I like it, I really like it. Good job Bagel you finally got it right.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    I'm a genius;

Cavs load up completely for the championship; NYK and HOU plays in 2010 lotto.
    we were "loaded" last year but we had no one to guard Dwight.....that's why we're keeping Shaq.

High School Starter

That actually might be one of the best trade suggestions on ISH so far. Good work, Bagel!

Soad rules...The only thing I have to say to you is...Soad does rule.

Bagel. This is a very good trade but there is one BIG question in that whole trade. Does Nate Robinson use his no trade clause or not? Does he want to play in Chicago?

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

22 million is a lot. He's going to have hard time to get a trade and Rockets won't buy him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Soad rules...The only thing I have to say to you is...Soad does rule.

Bagel. This is a very good trade but there is one BIG question in that whole trade. Does Nate Robinson use his no trade clause or not? Does he want to play in Chicago?
    He's not getting any playtime here, so he might as well. It's not like we're sending him to Milwaukee or something. No offense Milwaukeeans.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That trade is amazing Bagelred. Better than most of the trade scenarios you've made or jokes you've cracked.

NBA lottery pick

Lets See,

PG Brooks/Lowry
    SG Ariza/Budinger

Where will Nate play?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Lets See,

PG Brooks/Lowry
    SG Ariza/Budinger

Where will Nate play?
    What trade scenario has Nate coming to the Rockets?