Thread: Week in LA

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Week in LA

ISH, hook me up - is there enough sightseeing to do a week in LA, or should I aim to do Vegas or San Francisco or San Diego as well?

Planning on going 27th March-4th April to see the Celtics twice in Staples (28th @Clippers and 3rd @Lakers), but I can't decide whether to go somewhere else in between?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Week in LA

fly to vegas inbetween the games

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Go to Vegas and San Diego for at least a day each.

San Francisco is like a 6 to 8 hour drive from LA and would be really hard to squeeze in a week. The Bay Area (not just SF) would be a great place to be for a week though. Oakland, San Jose, Napa Valley, Berkeley, and a lot of cool small cities are fun to go to. San Francisco is definitely a chill place but I would say the nightlife isn't as great as you would think. After 12:30-1am when I went earlier this summer, the bars in S.F. closed. Parts of San Jose get really wild on weekends.

For Los Angeles, make sure you know where you are driving. I know a few people who by accidentally ended up in Compton and got lost.

For San Diego, I've heard in general it's just a really fun chill beach city. I'm not sure if you're into that type of stuff or if it's still allowed but I knew people who used to go down San Diego, park their cars there and then go to Tijuana for the night and come back early the next morning.

For Las Vegas, so much to do. Gamble, clubbing, see boxing fights if any of them are happening that weekend.

So overall, I would ignore the Bay Area/S.F. if you only have a week. But I would recommend to try to find another week to come back to Cali and check out the Bay Area.

Be careful where you wander off in So Cal too. LA still has some dangerous areas.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 09-27-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Where in LA will you be staying during your trip?