Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

It is not as easy as sign a paper and you are a citizen. It takes a lot of crap to become a citizen. You have to have like an established house and stuff and illegals dont usually have that.

We are addicted to illegal immigration so whatever. It brings housing costs down so seriously I dont care

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye

The American Indians weren't the first people to settle in N. America, after all...

We live in a modern society with set laws and defined borders. Other governements agree to recognize these national borders, and any breach of that is a violation of our laws.

Illegals are not citizens of this country, but despite that fact, have the option of becoming citizens by taking a pledge and signing a few papers. They have a clear alternative to crossing the border illegally.

Yeah, there were people here before modern Indians. I think I read somewhere where people migrated in waves.

This meant the first people to live here, like the Anasazi and Mound builders, would have been pushed out by later waves of immigrants.

You'd also have to keep in mind that the territories on Native North American tribes were also not fixed. There were battles and raids, with some of the bigger empires in South America being particularly bad.

The US has power over its borders. This is the situation we find ourselves in today. We, along with the vast majority of civilized nations, recognize these borders to be legitimate, and so they are.

See? We have laws. Therefore, we're superior. Just like when we follow international law and the Geneva Convention. We're good people like that.

U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    See? We have laws. Therefore, we're superior. Just like when we follow international law and the Geneva Convention. We're good people like that.

U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Nice hyperbole. Good to know you're educated on the issues.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

"President Bush, Jesus, did you get my PM?"

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Nice hyperbole. Good to know you're educated on the issues.

How did he overexaggerate?

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    "President Bush, Jesus, did you get my PM?"
    Hippy liberals, did you get my PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Hippy liberals, did you get my PM?
    Dumb Redneck, did you get my PM?

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by telephone
    Dumb Redneck, did you get my PM?

I'm not a redneck. Thanks for offending over half the country moron. Everyone that votes Republican is not a redneck.

Everyone that votes democrat isnt a hippy liberal. Moron

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by telephone
    Everyone that votes democrat isnt a hippy liberal. Moron

I know. I'm just dishing what he throws out. TMOGE wants to say only rednecks, Christians and racists vote Republicans and you don't take offense to that?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Please explain why you did so first and then write an apology for doing so.

Thank you....

Because this was the alternative.

If you think Kerry would have done any better, you're either really naive or you don't pay taxes.

It says something that when Kerry had to simply be average to beat Bush, he was underwhelming. I can think of half a dozen people off the top of my head who could have beat Bush in 2004, Kerry wasn't one of them.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    ??? Learn what you talk about before you blurt retarded stuff like that out.

First, the South isn't full of redneck hillbilly white people. Hell, most of the white people that live in the south now are at least middle class families. The Mexicans are the hillbilly trash that's taking over.

Second, the Republican party is more catered to the middle to upper class. That's why the Democrats call themselves the party for the common person.

Now, as for Bush, probably the only reason he got elected twice was because he was the lesser of two evils.

Look at Al Gore. Would you really want somebody running your nation who's more concerned with involving the entire world with his unproven global warming theory? If he had been in office instead of Bush he undoubtedly would have formed a UN-like panel for global warming and it would flop like the League of Nations did.

Now, John Kerry. I think it's obvious that the guy didn't deserve to really be president. He was just a moron.

Now, if Bush was running against Hillary Clinton or John Edwards, then Bush would be trampeled.

That is wrong by the way. The Democrats cater to the upper class just as much as the Republicans. Republicans are mostly the party of the middle class right now. Don't believe me, look at all the super-wealthy in Hollywood, who they do support? Big real estate companies/land developers? Not Republicans.

Look at pictures of these people in Washington DC. They all sit around having lunch together, Republicans...Democrats, whats the difference. Democrats took over Congress and not a damn thing will change. 4 of the wealthiest senators in Congress are Democrats, they have several special interests that they specifically cater to, including Boeing, various military-industry corporations, the NEA, and so on.

These parties all cater to massively financed special interests and lobbies. There is no choice, because eitherway, the average person gets screwed. Social Security needs work, and the only way the Democrats can fix it is by jacking up taxes, which they fully intend to do on Social Security.

The Republicans have lost their conservative roots and now give into their social control leaders, which has been a disaster. There is no choice, different faces, same people, nothing is being done about illegal immigration, nothing is being done about the head-on-explosion of Baby Boomers and medical care, and the list goes on.

There is no conservative party in this country, there is no true liberal party in this nation. Instead, we have a neoconservative bloc that is braindead when it comes to foreign policy and a authoritarian nanny party that wants to convince you that the state knows best what is for you.

Be smart, vote Libertarian. Don't believe me yet, come back in a year and tell me what amazing improvements the Democrats have made while holding Congress. Don't hold your breath though.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by shafir
    I agree, put yourselves where these Mexicans are, under a corrupt government, torn up with gangs, and its hard to survive; just a few miles north, is the most powerful country in the world, where everybody supposedly ''has a chance to do anything'' They are fed stories about relatives, and friends who went to America, and lived the american dream. Why WOULDNT they sneak into America? Sure, its wrong, and it hurts the government, but do you think that these Mexican immigrants will decide not to sneak into america, and lead their families into a new, and better life just because the government doesnt want it to happen?
    So how many is enough? 50 million? 100 million? The state of Texas is already losing around 2-4 billion dollars yearly iin tax money just on costs from illegal immigrants. California is losing billions more. The three states with the highest influx of illegal immigrants are also among the lowest rated in overall education standards. These states are forced to spend more than anyone else on remedial english education.

Many hospitals in these states have been shutdown, as it is illegal to turn away any patient in an emergency room, regardless of whether or not they are able to pay. The cost of insurance(health and auto) in these states is among the highest, due to the high rate of auto accidents that illegals are involved in, not to mention the fact that they very rarely have auto insurance.

Comparing this with the legal migration of immigrants from Europe is intellectually dishonest. The US knew who was coming in, they were checked thoroughly, and while there was disdain, they had every right to be there. The question is, is it America's job to rescue the third world? How many do you think should be allowed across the border? Its not just Mexicans coming here, people of all types of countries are getting through the border, thousands nightly.

Meanwhile, in Mexico, at their southern border, they have machinegun posts, and if an illegal is caught, they are beat/raped and if not murdered, then sent back home. And yet they have the audacity to tell the US how to run immigration policy?