Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Former Bulls Fan.

Default Rumors about Luol Deng for Pau Gasol Trade

Please No. Last thing we need is another soft *removed* on our team playing the 4. It makes no sense...AT ALL. Pau would have the SAME impact as Boozer and we would be left with 2 weak ass Power Forwards and Taj playing all his mins at the 5.

GTFO Pau.

Edit: Stop using racist language. It's censored to keep it off the board, not tso that you can try to find a way around the censoring.
    Last edited by Real Men Wear Green; 05-28-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Default Re: Rumors about Luol Deng for Pau Gasol Trade

Pau is better than Deng. STFU hater.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Please No. Last thing we need is another soft Niqqa on our team playing the 4. It makes no sense...AT ALL. Pau would have the SAME impact as Boozer and we would be left with 2 weak ass Power Forwards and Taj playing all his mins at the 5.

GTFO Pau.

Wow. It really should be Boozer for Gasol...lol. So, would the Bulls amnesty Boozer or try to trade him for a SF that could be Deng-lite?

High School Varsity 6th Man GoldNugg21's Avatar

Pau is considerably better than Boozer, but for it to make sense for Chicago they need to be able to move Boozer for a perimeter scorer of some sort. Not sure it makes a ton of sense for LA either; they need more depth and youth in a Pau trade IMO.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Come on now.. Pau's a lot better than Boozer. If anything on just help defense, tip ins, and rebounding alone.

Why would the Lakers do Pau for Boozer straight up? ROFL, that's terrible.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 05-28-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    Pau is considerably better than Boozer, but for it to make sense for Chicago they need to be able to move Boozer for a perimeter scorer of some sort. Not sure it makes a ton of sense for LA either; they need more depth and youth in a Pau trade IMO.

I want Gasol on my Bulls but I (selfishly in my fandom) don't really want to lose Deng. Wouldn't Deng be good for the Lakers though in that he is an unselfish player that would never ever threaten to outshine Kobe while giving them the 3's, and tough perimeter defense that the Lakers need?

Former Bulls Fan.

We don't need any changes at the SF. Deng needs to stay where he is. What need is a guy like Tyreke Evans or OJ Mayo who are very young SGs with a lot of potential that will come for cheap.

Shit, if we can package Boozer,Hamilton, and a pick for Z-Bo and S&T OJ Mayo from Memphis that would be good. We also want to resign Asik and add some cheap vets.

Joakim
    Z-Bo/Taj
    Deng
    Mayo
    Rose/Watson

@ stallionaire
    You're a wolves fan, you have NO say in a thread between Lakers and Bulls and no right to an opinion until you reach the playoffs atleast you c0cksucker. Go hang out with 50 tyson or something betchboy.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Come on now.. Pau's a lot better than Boozer. If anything on just help defense, tip ins, and rebounding alone.

I know that. I was speaking as a Bulls fan and not worrying about equal value.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    I want Gasol on my Bulls but I (selfishly in my fandom) don't really want to lose Deng. Wouldn't Deng be good for the Lakers though in that he is an unselfish player that would never ever threaten to outshine Kobe while giving them the 3's, and tough perimeter defense that the Lakers need?
    Why not bring Kobe over here?
    I'm sure we can make space for him by Amnestying Boozer and moving around some players so Lakers can unload Kobe on us and Lakers can build around Bynum and Pau.

Well, what about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Well, what about this:

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Well, what about this:

Same impact. I'm telling you. Boozer was a beast on the Jazz, what happened was that the Bulls are not a PF system. Sure, if the Bulls had a traditional point guard Pau would be great for us but no. With Pau he would only end up taking long jumpers like he is now with the Lakers. It would be Pau +Kobe all over again but instead of Kobe it will be Rose.

Not only that but the departure of Deng would leave a huge hole for us on defense AND offense.

Same impact. I'm telling you. Boozer was a beast on the Jazz, what happened was that the Bulls are not a PF system. Sure, if the Bulls had a traditional point guard Pau would be great for us but no. With Pau he would only end up taking long jumpers like he is now with the Lakers. It would be Pau +Kobe all over again but instead of Kobe it will be Rose.

Not only that but the departure of Deng would leave a huge hole for us on defense AND offense.
    pau and kobe were great together before bynum started to play good

I suggested this trade because if I were the Bulls, I would insist that they take away Boozer if they want Deng. Why would I want 2 starting PF with such huge contracts? Also, like you said, taking away Deng would leave a deep hole in the SF position and Artest might help mitigate that a little bit since he's playing decently again.