Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

he was one of the best. If not for him you want have guys like brandon jennings who look up to him. AI did a lot of good things for the NBA and brought excitement to it. Will miss this guy.

Decent college freshman

I started watching the game because of him, its depressing to see him go like this. He had one bad season in detroit, and suddenly 29 other teams and everybody thinks he is done?

He also gets my respect in the fact he wants to earn things, rather then go and sit on the bench of some elite team and get a BS title.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    I started watching the game because of him, its depressing to see him go like this. He had one bad season in detroit, and suddenly 29 other teams and everybody thinks he is done?

He also gets my respect in the fact he wants to earn things, rather then go and sit on the bench of some elite team and get a BS title.
    No, plenty of teams probably think he would make a good bench player. It's just nobody thinks he's worth it as a starter anymore. Most teams have some younger players to develop and an old AI isn't going to make them any better. It's AI's own fault that he's done. I don't see why anyone would feel bad for him.

"I always thought that when I left the game, it would be because I couldn't help my team the way that I was accustomed to," it read. "However, that is not the case."
    So, what AI is saying is that as long as the coach will let him dominate the ball and disrespect his teammates, then he is OK.

His approach is to give him the ball, and get out of his way on offense, and then rest up for the next offensive possession. At what point does he figure out that maybe he was the problem, and not the answer?

Has he EVER done what was best for the team if it did not involve him handling the ball and taking the shot?

The moniker "Me, Myself and Iverson" is as fitting as any athlete has ever had. His infamous rant about practice is by far the most telling press conference I have ever seen an athlete give. My guess is that he still does not see anything wrong with that.

When he came into the league, there were a lot of very selfish players, and the league was full of rim hanging, ball grabbing, showboating idiots. AI fit in great with that group, and while he was an amazing talent, he has to be the most selfish player of his generation. I will miss watching great teams with great players beat whatever team he would be playing for.

The knicks are pretty dumb for not picking him up. Why not have him start and help your team's offense while attract fan until the 2010 Free agency when you get Lebron. If AI played alongside LBJ in NY it will be a packd house everygame. I also think they will win more with AI.

Default Iverson Won't Retire?

http://phtbasketball.com/2009/11/all...ll-not-retire/
    Breaking News: ESPN 980, in Washington, D.C. & talk show host John Thompson has confirmed that Allen Iverson will not be retiring from the NBA

Da Mavs

Default Re: Iverson Won't Retire?

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Iverson will become the Brett Favre of basketball!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    except favre has rings...

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    except People want Favre on there team...while nobody wants Iverson...because of his PATHETIC attitude...

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Well this is an interesting turn of events...

Except Favre wear Wranglers.

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

Lou Williams just got injured. Time for AI back to Philly?

I think people are ultimately remembered for what they accomplish during their peak years. This stuff at the end of his career won't be remembered nearly as much as what he did in the early part of this decade. He had his flaws and his areas of weakness, but he gave 100 percent everytime he stepped on the court, which isn't something you can take for granted when it comes to highly paid professional athletes that oftentimes lose their drive/motivation.

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Except Favre wear Wranglers.
    Lol. Iverson in Wranglers