Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sixers CEO discusses Embiid, says there's no pain and he hasn't regressed

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    No, I do not think it was fully healed when cleared for three on three that's why he was only playing three on three not five on five. I would assume that during stages of healing they targeted certain activities. When it got to whichever stage, three on three was one of the activities for that stage.

As far as what O'Neill said, I would expect him to say as much at this point but the writing is on the wall. He's in a boot and if it's healing slower than anticipated then I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he won't be playing summer league. They aren't going to make a statement about any part of his future until he's looked at by the other doctors, so Scott O'Neill said nothing that I didn't expect him to say.
    Check the first couple of reports on this Embiid episode, including the one from Woj. He was playing 3 on 3, not because of his health, but only because there weren't enough players to play with.

That was specifically mentioned.

Default Re: Sixers CEO discusses Embiid, says there's no pain and he hasn't regressed

Joel Embiid tells Tony Wroten he "can't wait until next season." Wroten says "He turning up."

Link below. Unless Embiid is not aware of the seriousness of his slow recovery, this news is good news.

http://imgur.com/YcgTHC5
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 06-21-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Joel Embiid tells Tony Wroten he "can't wait until next season." Wroten says "He turning up."

Link below. Unless Embiid is not aware of the seriousness of his slow recovery, this news is good news.

http://imgur.com/YcgTHC5
    Yay...Embiid badwagon up and running

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Check the first couple of reports on this Embiid episode, including the one from Woj. He was playing 3 on 3, not because of his health, but only because there weren't enough players to play with.

That was specifically mentioned.
    I checked that but I couldn't find any mention of that. I don't know how he could even make that statement it's so ridiculous. They can get five on five of overseas/ex-nba players/d league guys all day every day in and around Philly and do all the time. There's a summer league in King of Prussia filled w NBA/Dleague/europe and any of those dudes would play/workout with the Sixers and many do. That's how my friend got on their summer league squad. I don't know what Woj is talking about but they did the same thing with Noel least year. He was doing 3 on 3 stuff and they slowly moved him up to 5 on 5.

For those familiar about the Philly area, Embiid was seen last night at Del Friscos and Rumor with no boot. There's a picture of him taken in the comments section of this link below(scroll down to the very bottom):

http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/6...n-philadelphia

Here's what one poster wrote:

phillthy13 wrote:
    Saw Embiid at Rumor last night in Philly and he was dancing, jumping around like there wasn’t national media talking about his foot just last week…He actually said "I’m cool, don’t believe the media".

He looked fine, wasn’t limping or anything – Now I’m not dumb enough to think if he’s good enough to go out, dance and act wild then that means he can suit up and play..BUT..you have to think if he’s getting thumbs up to go out and have fun without any limits, then hopefully good news is on its way post-draft.

I saw him late April at Down and he was doing the same thing so this time I went up to him and asked him how’s the foot, & that these reports are killing us…his exact quote was "I’m cool, don’t believe the media..I’m cool" then proceeded to drink his "coke".