Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Manly Stanley gonna straiten you out on this
    That's okay, I'll straighten myself out. I've been doing fine so far.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

requesting before and after shirtless pics of meticode[COLOR="White"]'s wife[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]:)[/COLOR]

Congrats Meticode. I don't mean to be a naysayer but do you think that you might be losing weight too quickly? I've found that if I shed a lot of weight in a short amount of time I'm likely to gain it back just as quickly if I relapse into bad food habits or stop exercising. I yo-yo'd up and down that way in my late 20s-early 30s. When I finally got on a sensible diet/exercise plan about 4 years ago the weight loss was agonizingly slow, about 1-2 lbs. a week, but I was able to keep it off since then despite the occasional relapse in diet and exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Congrats Meticode. I don't mean to be a naysayer but do you think that you might be losing weight too quickly? I've found that if I shed a lot of weight in a short amount of time I'm likely to gain it back just as quickly if I relapse into bad food habits or stop exercising. I yo-yo'd up and down that way in my late 20s-early 30s. When I finally got on a sensible diet/exercise plan about 4 years ago the weight loss was agonizingly slow, about 1-2 lbs. a week, but I was able to keep it off since then despite the occasional relapse in diet and exercise.
    Perhaps, a healthy loss is about 2-3 pounds a week. Rightnow I'm at around 3.5 to 4 pounds per week.

The thing is though, I plan to maintain it. I'm not going to suddenly quit when I get to my goal.

Those people on those weight loss shows are insane. They lose like 100 pounds in two months.

Yeah the key for me was a diet I could live with. I would starve myself and lose weight and then gain it right back when I went back to eating regularly. It took me awhile to get to where I actually enjoy several small, healthy meals throughout the day.

I still splurge on a decadent meal one weekend night a week, either eating out or preparing it myself. But even then I keep the portion size within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Update

I'm at day 34 since I started running. Out of 34 of those days I was sick or rested for 11 of those, so I've ran for 23 days. Right now I'm at 217.6. I've finally cracked the 20 pound mark with 20.4 pounds lost since 34 days ago. I would probably be 215 right now, but a week ago I had a day where I eat quite a bit and actually drank alcohol (3 screwdrivers) for the first time since my 21st birthday. After that day I literally gained 1-2 pounds. I've hit the treadmill about 5 days since then hard and have lost weight 5 days in a row from 222 down to the 217.7.
    That's a impressive. What's your diet like now? Low carb?

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    That's a impressive. What's your diet like now? Low carb?
    Nothing specific. I just pretty much cut out the bad sweets and I portion control what I eat. If I snack it's an apple or orange or something like that instead of cookies, brownies or junk.

The days I gain weight or stay the same are the days where I don't portion control and I indulge into the bad foods.
    Last edited by Meticode; 02-16-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Yeah the key for me was a diet I could live with. I would starve myself and lose weight and then gain it right back when I went back to eating regularly. It took me awhile to get to where I actually enjoy several small, healthy meals throughout the day.

I still splurge on a decadent meal one weekend night a week, either eating out or preparing it myself. But even then I keep the portion size within reason.
    The one good indulgence meal is something I planned to do, then either that night or the next day get a good workout in to get rid of what I reversed that previous meal.

I've noticed an actual difference too. I went to a funeral the other day for my grandmother-in-law and I had these black dress pants that I could still fit in before, but they were decently tight around the waist. Now when I wear them I have a little bit of room, and I actually have to put my belt on a tighter notch.

I think when I get to 215 I'm going to really push hard running on some days. Because as I said before that when I get between 200-210 I plan to alternate running(cardio) with strength training.

Here's my diet fwiw:

Breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal or Greek yogurt with either fresh or dried fruit, coffee, water.

Mid morning snack: Fresh or dried fruit, raw almonds.

Lunch: miso soup and a lean protein (some slices of turkey breast most days, sashimi if I feel like splurging).

Afternoon snack: Usually an apple and some more almonds or some yogurt and fruit.

Dinner: Lean protein (chicken, fish mostly), side veggies, big salad.

I drink water and green tea throughout the day. At dinner I'll usually have mineral water. I allow myself a cocktail and some beer/wine on the weekends but I have a strict no-alcohol policy for Sun.-Thurs. nights.

I'll also splurge on one meal on the weekends, usually a pasta or something grilled. Sun. mornings I'll have a bigger breakfast (bacon and eggs, pancakes or lox and bagels). I avoid desserts except for rare special occasions.

Local High School Star

Perhaps, a healthy loss is about 2-3 pounds a week. Rightnow I'm at around 3.5 to 4 pounds per week.

An optimal weight loss is around 1 pound a week (losing fat, keeping muscle).

Can I ask what is your goal, to lose as many pounds as you can or to lose as much fat as you can while keeping most of the muscles from the start of the diet?

I bet you've lost way more muscles than fat(if that is your goal then don't mind this post)

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    An optimal weight loss is around 1 pound a week (losing fat, keeping muscle).

Can I ask what is your goal, to lose as many pounds as you can or to lose as much fat as you can while keeping most of the muscles from the start of the diet?

I bet you've lost way more muscles than fat(if that is your goal then don't mind this post)
    To be around 185-200 eventually with a little definition.

If I've lost more muscle than fat, then it's odd that I'm benching 10 more pounds than I was a month ago with the same amount of reps and I haven't really done any lifting at all really and I'm doing 81 pushups compared to 59 a month ago. Is there an explanation for that?

Banned

keep up the good work chaps, you are beacons of light the rest of ISH should look up to, I personally have much respect for meticode and conan, the discipline and motivation is inspirational to me, inspires me to step up my own game.

Update

I'm on day 48 since running, out of those 48 days I've rested or been sick 19 of those days. So I've ran a total of 29 days. Recently I just came off a two day in a row rest period and I've been sick, but now I'm down to 211.6 and I've finally cracked the 25 pound mark since starting this. 26.40 pounds in 29 days of running/eating right or 48 days overall.

I definitely notice a change in my stomach, I can actually suck it in to the point you can see my ribs. I lost two pounds pretty unhealthy the last couple days though because I've been sick. I was laying in bed with bad back aches and a headache and barely ate.

Update

I'm on day 48 since running, out of those 48 days I've rested or been sick 19 of those days. So I've ran a total of 29 days. Recently I just came off a two day in a row rest period and I've been sick, but now I'm down to 211.6 and I've finally cracked the 25 pound mark since starting this. 26.40 pounds in 29 days of running/eating right or 48 days overall.

I definitely notice a change in my stomach, I can actually suck it in to the point you can see my ribs. I lost two pounds pretty unhealthy the last couple days though because I've been sick. I was laying in bed with bad back aches and a headache and barely ate.

You're just one or two stomach flus away from your ideal weight. [COLOR="White"]Just kidding. I should be banned for quoting a chick flick.[/COLOR]

You're just one or two stomach flus away from your ideal weight. [COLOR="White"]Just kidding. I should be banned for quoting a chick flick.[/COLOR]
    Yep, I'm about 11 pounds away from me doing some lifting or resistance.