Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Vick is such a unique talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    Might be stupid question, but I just started watch NFL ( My second game o)

When does a QB enter his prime ? Vick is 30 and still killing despite losing almost 2 years
    Depends on team imo. Football isn't like basketball. basketball is more individual, either your skilled and talented with full of potential, like OJ Mayo or not like Adam Morrison. You can never stop a good offensive player, slow him down yes, but can never stop him ask Bruce Bowen that when Kobe and Tmac constantly lit him up for 40+ points.

Football you rely on teammates more than anything. There is a lot more parity since isn't as much skill involved as basketball or tennis or golf. More athletism, who is stronger, who has a better feel for the game, except the kicker and qb postions. A lot of quarterbacks play some o their best football when they are 37-38 years like when John Elway lead back to back superbowl championships. He put up some of his best stats of his career, and had Terrell Davis who rushed for 2,000 yards that year.

Hell, Brett Farve last year at 40 put his best statistically year ever with the Vikings. The QB position isn't a lot of athletism to it, so you can go for awhile.

Vick is 30, but spent 2 years resting his legs in prision. In NFL years he is still 27 years old. He will still have his 4.3 speed for another 4-7 years. He will never be slow unless he blows his ACL a few times,but his speed with decrease a lot like Allen Iverson in the NBA, and by that time he might develope into a bulls eye accuracy that can help him put his best qb stats when he is like 37 or older.

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Depends on team imo. Football isn't like basketball. basketball is more individual, either your skilled and talented with full of potential, like OJ Mayo or not like Adam Morrison. You can never stop a good offensive player, slow him down yes, but can never stop him ask Bruce Bowen that when Kobe and Tmac constantly lit him up for 40+ points.

Football you rely on teammates more than anything. There is a lot more parity since isn't as much skill involved as basketball or tennis or golf. More athletism, who is stronger, who has a better feel for the game, except the kicker and qb postions. A lot of quarterbacks play some o their best football when they are 37-38 years like when John Elway lead back to back superbowl championships. He put up some of his best stats of his career, and had Terrell Davis who rushed for 2,000 yards that year.

Hell, Brett Farve last year at 40 put his best statistically year ever with the Vikings. The QB position isn't a lot of athletism to it, so you can go for awhile.

Vick is 30, but spent 2 years resting his legs in prision. In NFL years he is still 27 years old. He will still have his 4.3 speed for another 4-7 years. He will never be slow unless he blows his ACL a few times,but his speed with decrease a lot like Allen Iverson in the NBA, and by that time he might develope into a bulls eye accuracy that can help him put his best qb stats when he is like 37 or older.
    Good post! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Who was the poster who said he rather have Eli Manning over Michael Vick
    My next question is, will Pryor be better than Vick?
    I said Vick should not get credit for being able to win the super bowl like Eli did as he had never done anything approaching it. I stand by that. If Vick 100% would have done what Eli did then Eli could easily win 3 superbowls like Tom Brady if he had Bellicheck coaching.

YOu do what if's, i do what if's.

Vick for MVP!

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I was never a fan of the scrambling Vick(Atlanta) but this this new version got arms now. Wonder how long he can continue to play at this level...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    I was never a fan of the scrambling Vick(Atlanta) but this this new version got arms now. Wonder how long he can continue to play at this level...
    He can play like this as long as he has receivers.

lol a HOF'er.