Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups mountainmamba's Avatar

Default Spurs to make Richard Jefferson the first-ever NBA amnesty clause victim!

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    The Spurs have decided to use the amnesty clause on contract of Richard Jefferson, league sources tell Y! Sports. He has 3 years, $30M left.
    RJ is still a serviceable player. Expect him to be picked up.

Default Re: We Have Our First Amnesty Victim

He's not worth a bid, since the team bidding for him has to commit paying for 3 years. So if a team bids 3 million, that's a 3 year contract for 9 million.

Is Jefferson worth this? No, he's not.

Has he fallen off that much? I remember there was much talk leading towards the playoffs on how he fits the Spurs new running game and also helps w/ his improved range.

Of course... not counting his contract.

I'm actually surprised. Not because I didn't think Jefferson didn't deserve to be amnestied (because IMO he was one of the easier decisions), but it just didn't seem like a San Antonio-type move. Especially considering their owner was one of the biggest pushers to limit spending. He'll get picked up really fast and if he somehow makes it through the waivers of teams cap space, I could see a New Jersey return (through the waiver process) or possibly him going to Dallas (if he becomes a FA) (and payback for Finley lol).

It also looks like SA offered Butler the MLE (along with Chicago according to BRoussard, with LAC and NJ offering more).

SA also just picked up a potentially really good rookie SF in Leonard, so maybe they got a lot of faith in him.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I'm actually surprised. Not because I didn't think Jefferson didn't deserve to be amnestied (because IMO he was one of the easier decisions), but it just didn't seem like a San Antonio-type move. Especially considering their owner was one of the biggest pushers to limit spending. He'll get picked up really fast and if he somehow makes it through the waivers of teams cap space, I could see a New Jersey return (through the waiver process) or possibly him going to Dallas (if he becomes a FA) (and payback for Finley lol).

It also looks like SA offered Butler the MLE (along with Chicago according to BRoussard, with LAC and NJ offering more).
    Oh wow. Offers already in? Where can I read article about Caron Butler offers?

can lakers pick this dude up already so luke walton can finally be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Oh wow. Offers already in? Where can I read article about Caron Butler offers?
    Broussard tweeted it like this hour.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

so if a team picks up an amnestied player they have to commit to pay them for the remainder of thier contract but for a different price?
    while the player is still being payed the original amount from the original team?

I think the Clips should get him for cheap $2M a year for 3 years. Fill out the roster with quality. Aren't the heat under the cap? They should try too.

Good move, RJ hasn't been great with the Spurs. They offered Caron Butler the MLE and they've got two talented youngsters in Kawhi Leonard and James Anderson in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    He's not worth a bid, since the team bidding for him has to commit paying for 3 years. So if a team bids 3 million, that's a 3 year contract for 9 million.

Is Jefferson worth this? No, he's not.
    That's not how it works.

Banned

Kings should take a look at him. Outside of Salmons and Dalembert, they have no real veteran presence. They've got the flexibility to absorb his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    so if a team picks up an amnestied player they have to commit to pay them for the remainder of thier contract but for a different price?
    while the player is still being payed the original amount from the original team?
    The original team pays the difference between the original contract and whatever the new team picks up.

The player does not make any more money doing this.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Broussard tweeted it like this hour.
    Found and put in Caron Butler thread. Thanks dude .

Wow if they get Butler they could actually have the big 4 they were looking for with RJ