Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Wade

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Trade Wade

You can't trade players in the postseason.

Kobe was traded in the postseason.

Trade Wade?
    Lebron Gone?
    Bosh Kibosh?
    Spo Go?

so many good rhyming options

National High School Star

You could possibly trade wade fir Scallerbrine, but they may also demand bosh as we'll

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Kobe was traded in the postseason.
    huh?

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't think they would trade Wade over Lebron. Most of the blame for them not winning a title will go to Lebron and if it causes them to lose Wade, he'll get a serious backlash from Miami fans and with his mental weakness you might think he'll never recover from that. He might never recover mentally just from losing this year alone so you would have to trade him instead of Wade, plus the Heat would probably get more for Lebron anyway. The Heat could definitely get another superstar back for Lebron while that might not be the case for Wade, plus it would be easier to package Bosh with Lebron instead of Wade to get even more if they went down that route.

Examples:

Lebron James for Deron Williams
    Lebron James for Dwight Howard
    Lebron James for Carmelo Anthony+Iman Shumpert
    Lebron James+Mike Miller for Rajon Rondo+Paul Pierce
    Lebron James for Chris Paul
    Lebron James+Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum+Pau Gasol

If I replaced Lebron with Wade in any of those trade scenarios, its probably a no except in NJ and Orlando's case where they would probably do it if they feel like they are losing those players anyway. And even with Deron or Dwight instead of Wade, there would probably be serious questions about them being able to close games out and Lebron would have to be depended on more for that. The Clippers and Lakers might not do those trades even with Lebron, but its a definite no if it was with Wade.
    Last edited by guy; 04-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Drafted by the CHarlotte hornets. Traded Monthes after the draft to the Lakers.

3-time NBA All-Star

Drafted by the CHarlotte hornets. Traded Monthes after the draft to the Lakers.
    I think you're confusing postseason with offseason. Postseason = Playoffs.

Haha indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    That's because when he gets to the basket, he sees this:

Don't get it

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Pat Riley has to trade Wade during the off season. Regardless of the result during the post-season.

Why ? Well look at this image. You will notice that Wade is averaging 4 less minutes from last year, averaging 1 less FGA, saw a decline in his FG%, is shotting the 3 worse than last year, is shooting it 1.5FG3PA less than last year.

He also goes to the line 2 less times than last year, getting 1.5 less rebounds than last year.

And despite the reduced minutes, his TO and PF didn't go down that much.

And cherry on the cake, he is averaging 3 less points than last year. THat's his worse since his rookie season and his FGA isn't that down compared to other years, heck it's the same than his second season by example.

Now Bear in mind he ALSO was injured for part of the season.

Yep, Wade is declining. And he is declining pretty fast at that.

So, Trade Wade

If the Heat trade Wade, they go nowhere. Regardless if he fell off or not, trading him doesn't solve their problems. Riley should've known better than to sign 2 ball dominant players at the same time. Like I've said before, Miami has never had a 3 man offense. Therefore, they were better off re-signing Wade and then signing Bosh only. Then you could've just ran a 2 man offense pick and roll with Wade and Bosh. Adding Lebron to the mix f*** that up. They don't have an offensive system for 3 guys, which is why you have the clusterf*** you have now. Let's be real, Lebron is no closer and STILL doesn't want any part of the ball in the last seconds of games. Dude doesn't even attempt a shot. So how does trading Wade solve that?

One of the things that is another problem is that Wade has taken on Lebron's personality. Right now he's a far cry for "mr fall down 6 times, get up 7." That's was one of the things that I admired about him. His heart and determination. That's gone now, and IMO, is one of the reasons why the Heat no longer have that competitive drive that's necessary to win a title. Where did that Wade who extended the series BY HIMSELF vs Boston go? Wade may be a part of the problem, but he's not the main problem.

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

All the "Heat fans" agreeing with this idiot are not heat fans PERIOD. Wade brought us our first ring. Anyone remember te huge banners in brickell right before you get to south beach called "Wade county"? Your going to trade our most loved player? IMO heats biggest problem is coaching but wait till playoff time heat will tighten up quick...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    If the Heat trade Wade, they go nowhere. Regardless if he fell off or not, trading him doesn't solve their problems. Riley should've known better than to sign 2 ball dominant players at the same time. Like I've said before, Miami has never had a 3 man offense. Therefore, they were better off re-signing Wade and then signing Bosh only. Then you could've just ran a 2 man offense pick and roll with Wade and Bosh. Adding Lebron to the mix f*** that up. They don't have an offensive system for 3 guys, which is why you have the clusterf*** you have now. Let's be real, Lebron is no closer and STILL doesn't want any part of the ball in the last seconds of games. Dude doesn't even attempt a shot. So how does trading Wade solve that?

One of the things that is another problem is that Wade has taken on Lebron's personality. Right now he's a far cry for "mr fall down 6 times, get up 7." That's was one of the things that I admired about him. His heart and determination. That's gone now, and IMO, is one of the reasons why the Heat no longer have that competitive drive that's necessary to win a title. Where did that Wade who extended the series BY HIMSELF vs Boston go? Wade may be a part of the problem, but he's not the main problem.
    People dont notice the simple problem, "you cant play a team incorporated offense with Lebron James and another star". Lebron is at his best when surounded by scrubs/shooters, Bron has never made another already good player better, he makes them worse. Why, because he plays the role of a PG, but cant beat a double to save his life. The main thing all great PG's do is keep the ball alive and find cutters/shooters/post up mismatches. If Bron cant get past that 2nd defender, problems will arise as they are right now. I cant for the love of god understand how any analyst thinks its a good strategy to run Bron at the point, he cant keep a live dribble anywhere but from the top of the key, thats the reason why 60 something percent of his assists goes to shooters. Bron does not create for the roller, he will run te P&R but cant beat the 2nd man, so he picks up his dribble and finds a shooter. Dude actually tries too hard to find a shooter insted of making the right b ball play.

And no, im not blaming Lebron, im blaming coaching for not realizing that Bron is not a great PG, anybody who believes this does not watch basketball. The thing that Wade does SO MUCH BETTER, is use the P&R to get "ALL THE WAY TO THE BASKET", this opens things up for shooters and bigs down low for him to drop it off to. I dont know what else to say, but Bron should play from the elbow a lot more than he plays from the top of the key. Bron has become a great jumpshooter, why not maximize his shyt, especially if you see that dude struggles to get to the rack in the half, WTF is the point of making him have to ALWAYS beat a help defender if you see that he is not very good at it. I dont understand that shyt.

3-time NBA All-Star

Wade does have some serious durability issues it seems. Aside from 2006 and I believe his rookie year, at one point or another some injury has come up and effected him and arguably cost them a series even if it was only for just part of a game or one single play. In 05 he played hurt in game 7 vs. the Pistons. In 07 he was injured the whole Chicago series. In 08, he was so banged up they didn't even make the playoffs. In 09, he played hurt vs. the Hawks. In 10, he hurt his leg on a play in game 3 vs. the Celtics and sat out the next play where Pierce hit the game winner with Daequan Cook on him when it would've probably been Wade, clearly their best perimeter defender, on him if he wasn't hurt causing the Heat to go down an insurmountable 0-3. In 11, he missed alot of game 5 of the Finals cause he got hurt.

Its kinda crazy. Lebron and Wade are two of the best players in the league, but Wade's durability issues and/or Lebron's mental toughness issues may be the cause of them never winning at all. Its almost too much too ask for both of those things to not come up at some point in 4 rounds of the playoffs.

Banned

As a Heat fan I feel like this big three is a very poor fit, thus moves need to be made, one that particularly ships one of the three out. First I rule out LeBron James as he is the best player in the league. It comes down to Wade and Bosh. Although Wade would make the most sense to trade most likely because him and LeBrons talents are so similar I just don't know if could trade him for everything he's done for the franchise. Sometimes loyalty is more important than anything.

Either way either Wade or Bosh needs to go and the main attraction of the deal coming in HAS TO BE a rebounding legit bigman. Dwight Howard would be perfect for either.