Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Channing Frye's value

Just a thought: when Oden comes in next season, someone will be the odd man out. Aldridge is doing well and he can play beside Oden as the PF. Between Przybilla and Frye, one of them is going to see their minutes being taken away. Beside, Outlaw can play a little PF if the Blazers wants to run a little. I like Przybilla who is a much better defender and rebounder and I don't think $6M is too much for a C like him. On the other hand, it is disappointing to see how far Frye has fallen since his rookie year. He still has potential (but he will probably never reach it play behind Oden and Aldridge) and some value, maybe the Blazers should take this opportunity to trade him for a upgrade from Blake.

Default Re: Channing Frye's value

Not sure but I know he could be used here in Charlotte. Not sure what Portlant would want from him but we'd give you 2nd round pick and Jared Dudley for him.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Turiaf > Frye... Frye is so soft. if oden comes back healthy frye will spend the rest of his next season sitting on the bench not unless they are up/down by 30 with 2 mins remaining inthe game

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Portland will probably keep Frye for 1 more year as a insurance policy for Oden. Oden has played a NBA game yet and the injury ain't gonna make it easier for him. Portland will not be able to afford Frye when he becomes a FA as other teams will have more use for him. I can see Frye as a 15ppg 10rpg guy on a starting position.

Lookout 4 Boom Herron Da Ballahollic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Portland will probably keep Frye for 1 more year as a insurance policy for Oden. Oden has played a NBA game yet and the injury ain't gonna make it easier for him. Portland will not be able to afford Frye when he becomes a FA as other teams will have more use for him. I can see Frye as a 15ppg 10rpg guy on a starting position.

Frye is to soft to grab 10 boards a game.

Turiaf>Frye is laughable.

Frye has a great inside out game, he can consitantly hit the 15 footer, he even hit a few 3's this year. He is a good rebounder, but he doesnt have a very good low post game, and he isnt that strong.

The Blazers will probably keep him around next year unless he can land us a pg. Joel Przybilla will become Oden's back up. Frye will be LaMarcus Aldridges back up. (unless frye is traded)

If Memphis is interested in Frye how about Outlaw+Frye+#13 for Mike Miller+#5?

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE

Frye has a great inside out game, he can consitantly hit the 15 footer, he even hit a few 3's this year. He is a good rebounder, but he doesnt have a very good low post game, and he isnt that strong.

The Blazers will probably keep him around next year unless he can land us a pg. Joel Przybilla will become Oden's back up. Frye will be LaMarcus Aldridges back up. (unless frye is traded)

You really think in this draft moving up 8 spots is worth giving up Outlaw and Frye? Mike Miller is good, but not that good.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

there might be a chance you can land OJ Mayo or B Lopez with the 5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    You really think in this draft moving up 8 spots is worth giving up Outlaw and Frye? Mike Miller is good, but not that good.

I think it is worth it if the Blazers can get Mayo or Bayless.

I think it is worth it if the Blazers can get Mayo or Bayless.
    I think Mayo and Roy would be kinda repetive. Bayless is good, but is he really that much better than Russell Westbrook who could be there at 15?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I would be cool with that trade, but not to pick up Mayo.

Otherwise, I have no problem keeping Frye. I think we should keep Outlaw in the SF position and Frye will simply be Aldridge's backup (with possible times playing Frye PF and Aldridge C due to injuries/foul trouble of Oden/Przybilla). Frye will likely still get 20 minutes per game.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Frye should remain a rotation player. A very solid backup who can play the 4 or 5.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

laughable huh all that frye has is the jumpshot ..

I need not to elaborate what turiaf can do just watch the playoffs.. One on One turiaf will eat frye ...

Good High School Starter

I wouldn't say Turiaf is better overall, but he is a lot tougher, especially on the boards. But the last time I saw Frye play, he torched the Lakers. I didn't know he had an outside game, and for someone his size, that's a great quality. If he could toughen up inside, he's easily a top Center (offensively) in the league, especially if you put him on a team with guards who attract attention, and can get him the ball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    laughable huh all that frye has is the jumpshot ..

I need not to elaborate what turiaf can do just watch the playoffs.. One on One turiaf will eat frye ...

Heck yeah... turiaf has heart to go along with his intence play..

Earlier in the year when he was starting, he was a very servisable big man. His corner of the key jump shot was consistent. He plays hard and never takes a posession off. Plus, he's had some block party games... were he get a handful of rejections.

Plus, he can consistantly rebound well, but he disappears in all aspects when his playing time diminishes.

Sucks for him, its hard to catch a flow, when you playing time is sporadic.