Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default #50 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Paul Pierce was voted the #49 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops.

22 PPG | 6 RPG | 3.8 APG

NBA Champion
    NBA Finals MVP
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 09-29-2012 at 01:02 AM.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: #50 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Rodman>Pierce

Banned

Finally! Paul Pierce has been enshrined as a top 50 great.

Rodman!

Chris Paul.

Hal Greer. A very damn good role player that had good longevity and was just a solid guard.

I vote for Reggie Miller...

Once in a while there just comes a player with so great intangibles, killer instinct, legacy, longevity, consistency and character which no on paper awards or statistics can measure.... Reggie is the #1 example... You see for example on paper his 18.2 ppg and think thats nothing special until you realise most of those points came in the 4th quarter resulting in ridicilously many clutch plays, especially in playoffs where his ppg would jump dramatically overall.... The name Reggie Miller is synonymous with clutch...... He was a guy that lived for the biggest moments and made the biggest moments....

As Reggie Miller put it: "You might make your first 10 shots and everything is going great, but when the game is on the line, those other 10 don't mean anything."

There are 6 things he is in argument for being the most successful at:

1. Shooter
    2. Clutch performer
    3. Competitor
    4. Greatest Pacer ever
    5. Greatest of the ball/screen player ever
    6. Work Ethic

Reggie’s loyalty to the Pacers organization is one of the things people often overlook. Only John Stockton and Karl Malone (with Utah) played more games with one franchise than Reggie did with Indiana...

Reggie played 1,389 games. He owned that Indiana city, even more so than Peyton Manning did during his tenure there... He was the best perimeter shooter that this game has ever seen and one of the greatest clutch shooters of all-time.... He knew he was a marked man and he relished it, especially in the big stage....

Over the span of his 18 years with Indiana he has hit some kindof clutch shot in every close game... If there is any gamewinner count out there that dates way back dont be surprised if Reggie Miller as at #1 on that list.... If the basketball term "clutch" was in the dictionary then Reggie Millers picture would be next to it....

He was also a nasty competitor with the confidence of GOD and legendary trashtalking (which he always backed up) which created historic NBA drama and memories.... He could get into peoples heads like no other and once he did he would play mind tricks, he was even the only one that ever got under Jordans skin and not only once....

Jordan said: “I really don’t dislike playing against anybody in the league, but playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts.”

There is a reason this hall of famer was Michael Jordans biggest nemesis at the SG spot....

While many players hated Reggie during their playing days, they all respected him. Kobe Bryant said Reggie was the toughest player he has ever had to guard. I’m sure there are plenty of others that would agree........ and keep in mind that Kobe has played against Michael Jordan...

A Hall of Fame career is about more than how many Championship rings you have. Robert Horry has seven of them, and Adam Morrison has two. I’ll leave it at that. Who is to say Dan Marino is less of a player because he never won a Super Bowl? Sometimes people need to take a step back and look at the whole product, instead of just focusing on one piece of it.....
    Last edited by pauk; 09-29-2012 at 01:35 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

My vote goes to Dennis Rodman

Rodman greatest rebounder/defender.. Smh at how underrated he is in here

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Rodman greatest rebounder/defender.. Smh at how underrated he is in here
    Which players in the ISH Top 50 would you place him above??

This is just a simple question...

To you people who pick Dennis Rodman here, if you had to pick between Reggie Miller and Dennis Rodman, who would it be?

Be honest now...

I know what my answer would be, all due respect to Dennis Rodman, he also belongs here somewhere in the standings... but not ahead of Reggie in my list... no god damn way.... Rodman was not a go-to-guy, he was not a franchise player that would impact you in a way you could win unless that team already had that go-to-guy / franchise player, he was only a complimentary player TO TOP 50 PEOPLE LIKE REGGIE MILLER........

Are you really gona act like rings is what separates Rodman over Reggie? Just because he was blessed of having to play with what i consider is the greatest team ever? Switch teams where Reggie Miller would play next to Jordan for the Bulls and Rodman would play next to Pooh Richardson (who? exactly) for the Pacers and i can guarantee you he would have the same championships.... and i can guarantee you Rodman would be remembered as nothing but a rebounding showman.... Rings are overrated that way...
    Last edited by pauk; 09-29-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Local High School Star

To hell with it im votin for ray allen lol

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

James Worthy.....

Smh Paul Peirce

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Miller>Rodman
    If you ask me, either are perfectly plausible picks at this point in the list.... and how one chooses is partially indicative of how they view the game and how they value different facets of it.

It comes down to an All-Time defender and rebounder versus an All-Time shooter.... how one votes reflects what is valued more.

Both were multiple-time All-NBA-Third Team, and multiple-time NBA All-Stars.

Championships aside (which IMO are more out of an individual's control than we give credit for) , Rodman edges out Miller by being a two-time Defensive Player of the Year and an 8-time All-NBA-Defensive team member.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    This is just a simple question...

To you people who pick Dennis Rodman here, if you had to pick between Reggie Miller and Dennis Rodman, who would it be?

Be honest now...

I know what my answer would be, all due respect to Dennis Rodman, he also belongs here somewhere in the standings... but not ahead of Reggie in my list... no god damn way.... Rodman was not a go-to-guy, he was not a franchise player that would impact you in a way you could win unless that team already had that go-to-guy / franchise player, he was only a complimentary player TO TOP 50 PEOPLE LIKE REGGIE MILLER........

Are you really gona act like rings is what separates Rodman over Reggie? Just because he was blessed of having to play with what i consider is the greatest team ever? Switch teams where Reggie Miller would play next to Jordan for the Bulls and Rodman would play next to Pooh Richardson (who? exactly) for the Pacers and i can guarantee you he would have the same championships.... and i can guarantee you Rodman would be remembered as nothing but a rebounding showman.... Rings are overrated that way...

Why not vote for Ray Allen then?