Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group F (Macedonia, Greece, Finland, Russia, Slovenia, Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Airball Ahead
    I'm glad to see people still don't respect Finland, it makes the victories taste even better organized defense, organized offense, organized basketball. With good coaching, even a Legadue&Finnish league skill-leveled team can succeed in EuroBasket.
    Legadue is not a bad league though. Most people don't realize it, but the second divisions in Italy, Greece, Spain are stronger than the first divisions in several of the other European leagues.

I mean, for example, in Greece teams that are near at the bottom of the first division, can make the top 16 of Eurocup (Panellinios), and those same teams in that general level (8-12 place of Greek first division) are often beaten by second division clubs during the Greek cup. Hell, even mid level first division clubs get beat by second division clubs in Greek Cup.

And, the disparity in Legadue might even be less than from the two divisions in Greece. Of course there is no Milano or Siena, no teams like that in Legadue, but nonetheless, there are good teams and players there.

Default Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group F (Macedonia, Greece, Finland, Russia, Slovenia, Georgia)

Pachulia was their leading scorer before he got injured and only averaged 4 rebounds per game. To say don't lose much on offense is absurd. Shermadini has 0 points and is doing nothing defensively. To say they don't lose much without him is absurd.

The only reason they're staying close is Sanikidze's great play. Macedonia looks lost on offense when McCalebb isn't on the floor and Antic is playing way too many minutes. He hasn't come out of the game once yet.

i cant believe ilievski is playing 39 min. a game

Saw a basketball once

Bo belongs to the NBA. That dude is too quick for European courts

Boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo McCalebb with the game winner! 27 out of Macedonia's 65 points. He was unstoppable out there. An MLE player in the NBA at least. McCalebb is probably becoming a Macedonian superstar right now.

Antic almost chucked Macedonia out of the game.

Local High School Star

Macedonia won again!!!!!

Saw a basketball once

Still not a fan of the Fyrom team as Bo is a bought player. But gratz anyway I love the spirit and soul the Macedonian fans show in the crowd, forums and in Facebook (FIBA, Fiba Europe groups etc.) I see basketball has hit ur nation like a storm

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Airball Ahead
    Still not a fan of the Fyrom team as Bo is a bought player. But gratz anyway I love the spirit and soul the Macedonian fans show in the crowd, forums and in Facebook (FIBA, Fiba Europe groups etc.) I see basketball has hit ur nation like a storm
    Not really...we're crazy about all our national teams but we terribly lack quality and results so have to satisfy ourselves by watching and cheering our handball teams.

This is the first time a major sport team has played at a big stage and actually competed like this.

There were over 50,000 people at our main square watching the European Handball Champions league final in 2002...mind you,the team was female.That should all but say about our fanaticism for our teams.If by some miracle we make it to the final there would be a national holiday instantly recognized and we would probably make Bo our president.

Saw a basketball once nikosgalis's Avatar

Greece is dominating Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by nikosgalis
    Greece is dominating Slovenia
    no one gives a fu*k about hellass its all about Macedonia in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    FYROM better damn well hope that if Greece and them both lose at the quarterfinal that FYROM does not get Greece for the Olympic qualification round game.

Because if that happens FYROM is going to have a big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Macedonia is a part of Greece. Nobody cares about Monkeydonia except monkey-donians...

Admins please moderate... (and ban the provocators)

The forum is about basketball not provocations!

Quote Originally Posted by nikosgalis
    Macedonia is a part of Greece. Nobody cares about Monkeydonia except monkey-donians...