Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Most 2009 NBA draft prospects are scrubs...

Curry actually has some handles and passing ability...

How is that similar to J.J. Reddick besides shooting and basketball IQ?

Either way best prospects are Clark,Curry,Flynn,Jennings and Griffin of course.

Best steals will be Sam Young,Darren Collison,AJ Price and Damion James.

Draft is not great but you can find a couple of gems.

Curry will make many people eat crow. They'll end up arguing for Curry in threads acting like they werent believers prior.

And most of the 2009 draft prospects are not scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Curry is a bust imo.

He is an undersized volume shooter.

Just look at how that is treating JJ Reddick.
    Curry is better than JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
    I like Curry, and going to a smaller school has allowed him to stand out a bit more, but am I the only one having flashbacks to Trajan Langdon??? Perhaps a bit more athletic, but that's who Curry reminds me of.

Thabeet the next Tyson Chandler??? If Thabeet can be the player that Chandler is, at 7'3 and 30 pounds heavier than Chandler, then I would definetley want him on my team!!!

I've been reading about Rubio for years, but I simply haven't seen enough of him on the court.

I agree with GiveItToBurrito that Jennings' year in Italy has probably helped him mature - probably even more so than a freshman year of college where he would've been the BMOC would have been. The next Telfair??? OUCH!!!
    Curry is similar to Langdon... the difference is, he can pass the ball... Langdon could not. Langdon could never convert his game to the PG position, and the league back then was not kind to tweeners when you had such dominant big men @ 7'0+ still in the NBA and more physical guards. It also didn't help that that Cavs team really sucked, and he was expected to be a key scoring option 6th man while they were rebuilding.

Curry will be a solid complimentary player in a few years... although I don't think he will shine as a ROY candidate.

And Chandler is a very solid center... but even in hindsight... you must admit, he was a complete was of a 2nd pick when there were 'franchise players' available after him. But I guess with this being such a shallow draft pool, you can't really argue with Thabeet going to a top 3 pick. There's not much else worth it.
    Last edited by beasted86; 05-17-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore timlush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    i wanna see what jodie meeks can do
    Well you are going to have to wait until 2010. No way he is staying in this draft. Probably won't even get picked NEXT year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Curry will make many people eat crow. They'll end up arguing for Curry in threads acting like they werent believers prior.

And most of the 2009 draft prospects are not scrubs.

Curry is better than JJ.
    +1, I can't wait till he starts making some noise you will see people with their lying and excuses about what they said earlier.

Da Mavs

There ceratinly is plenty of bust potential in this draft, hopefully most guys will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Blake Griffin is one of the most atheletic PF to ever come out of college.
    What are you trying to prove with that comment?
    Stromile Swift is also one of the most athletic forwards ever, as is Tyrus Thomas, as is Darvin Ham.

Griffin will be a Kenyon Martin type in the league, which is pretty darn good - especially if he didnt get injured.

Curry's career will be determined by his speed and defensive abilities. I'm leaning towards a Michael Adams type career.

I love the big fella Thabeet. Although he desperately needs to become more powerful around the basket. Give him 3 years of strengthening and he will be fine.

If I was Rubio, I would stay in Europe and enjoy my life.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    What are you trying to prove with that comment?
    Stromile Swift is also one of the most athletic forwards ever, as is Tyrus Thomas, as is Darvin Ham.

Griffin will be a Kenyon Martin type in the league, which is pretty darn good - especially if he didnt get injured.

Curry's career will be determined by his speed and defensive abilities. I'm leaning towards a Michael Adams type career.

I love the big fella Thabeet. Although he desperately needs to become more powerful around the basket. Give him 3 years of strengthening and he will be fine.

If I was Rubio, I would stay in Europe and enjoy my life.
    I agree about Griffin. He will be a good player, but not a 'great' player. I don't forsee more than 3 of these guys being a main franchise piece...

Thabeet can be good... but after looking at all the past top 7'0"+ draft picks that were heavily hyped out of college... from the Olawakandis down to the Currys... I'm just not optimistic that he will really push himself to that next level like Howard did.

And I also agree that Rubio will find he enjoyed euro ball much better similar to Darko Milicic, and will be longing to play again as soon as his rookie contract is up.

Blake Griffin will have a better career than Michael Beasley because he's one of the most athletic player in his draft class, and He's already NBA Ready.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    STFU and play your position...

He got absolutely BULLIED by DeJuan Blair... someone with an NBA like build: solid-burly build with a low center of gravity. When he gets to the NBA and sees more players built like that, you'll see his real worth. He's nothing but a Chandler type... slim athletic block & rebound machine. But unless he gets on the Dwight Howard regimen when he gets to the NBA and puts on a good 40 lbs. he will never be better than Chandler.
    HAHAHAHA. You pick 2 games out of the 35 he played and shove it to people as the truth. Blair was a bad matchup as he was to everyone, he ate everyone up. This is like a person saying about X player "he is a bad defender because Kobe dropped 40 on him", which was expected. Keep in mind Thabeet has only been playing basketball since 15... lots of room to grow. Now, I will say Thabeet is a pansy around the rim but once he decides to dunk the ball he is very capable of averaging a double double with 3-4 blocks.

Da Mavs

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I can't believe people think Curry'd get iso'd. He won't be able to get open without a screen in the NBA. I think he's got a role in the NBA, but I'm amazed he's rated so high in some mocks, he's a early 20s pick at best. I just don't think his game'll translate.

I do think Donnie Walsh saying he wants him is a smokescreen, certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I can't believe people think Curry'd get iso'd. He won't be able to get open without a screen in the NBA. I think he's got a role in the NBA, but I'm amazed he's rated so high in some mocks, he's a early 20s pick at best. I just don't think his game'll translate.

I do think Donnie Walsh saying he wants him is a smokescreen, certainly wouldn't be the first time.
    This.

Curry is a role player at best, there is no way he should be going Lottery outside of him having big games last season in the NCAA Tournament.

Lester Hudson is a much better player but wont even get drafted.

I swear 1/3 of GM's only watch ESPN to scout basketball players.

Saw a basketball once

Curry is wayyy better than ppl think he was a leader for his team since freshman year of college

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Csmooove23
    Curry is wayyy better than ppl think he was a leader for his team since freshman year of college
    at Davidson.

We would have a much better idea of him had he transfered to Duke after his freshman year like his brother did.