Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Moving to Canada?

Im a final year undergraduate in my country. And as im looking forward to the near future there seems to be no place for me here. If you stay here either you go crazy or dumb. The social envioroment is terrible, im looking to develop and gain new skills, something that wont happen here.

I was thinking about Canada. Its seems like a good place to live in. The economy is good. What are the pros and cons for living in Canada?

Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Pros: Less fat people, better looking girls from my experiences with the states, very little crime, free healthcare, stronger beer (but costs twice as much).

Cons: Higher taxes, fast food is limited, cold winters (minnesota-like in most areas), higher gas prices, crappy television.
    Last edited by Velocirap31; 11-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Pros: Less fat people, better looking girls from my experiences with the states, very little crime, free healthcare, stronger beer (but costs twice as much).

Cons: Higher taxes, fast food is limited, cold winters (minnesota-like in most areas), higher gas prices, crappy television.

Stronger beer and better tasting too

fak canada and their free healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller

Stronger beer and better tasting too
    Definitely better tasting

rank sentamentalist

edit: why did i just assume in your post that you're coming from America, even though your location says Bulgaria? lol

Canada's great dude. have you looked into any of your options for exchange or working visas or anything?

cons

everything is more expensive even with the currency exchange
    winter is coming (depends who you are though, i like winter)

pros

spectacular and diverse in nature
    great cities
    better job market (find Alberta... or support the developing regions by moving there... *cough* east coast *cough*
    like america, you can find what you want (port cities, major hubs, small towns, mountains, prairies, summer/spring all year round, etc)
    learn french if you want
    we're friendly goddamnit
    Last edited by RidonKs; 11-15-2011 at 02:09 PM.

NBA lottery pick

You should come to Saskatchewan, it's totally not flat and boring.

Pro: You can have a good laugh making fun of their accents.

Con: It's Canada.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote Originally Posted by lilbill
    Pro: You can have a good laugh making fun of their accents.

Con: It's Canada.
    just as funny as dead baby jokes

FAIL

rank sentamentalist

Canada is literally everything good about America without having to put up with any of the shit

we get your entertainment, your food, your brands, your security backing, and our leaders get to piggyback on yours politically

meanwhile, we don't put up with anything close to your sham politics, we aren't hated worldwide, our historical records are cleaner, we've still got the whole sea to shining sea bit, our corporate and financial sectors are a million times safer, better government entitlements with a deficit that the rest of the world envies

and most of all, we aren't bombarded with retardedly over the top advertisements and marketing campaigns that should be enough to drive every American insane... that shit still goes on, but it's much more subtle

actually, if i were to describe the difference between America and Canada, i'd use the word 'subtle'. Canada is subtle America. and considering the state of affairs down south at the moment, that should be a welcome variation.

I love the states, NYC, south beach, Vegas....but I cant see myself living there permanently....Canada is just so laid back and safe...as Ridonks said, we're right next to the Lightning rod that is the USA, gives us much of the same perks but in nice portions none of that super sized over the top GOV dubious agenda stuff... can't think of a better country to live in unless you have real coin and move to the south of France or something

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    actually, if i were to describe the difference between America and Canada, i'd use the word 'subtle'.

Canada is subtle America. and considering the state of affairs down south at the moment, that should be a welcome variation.

good post

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Canada is literally everything good about America without having to put up with any of the shit

we get your entertainment, your food, your brands, your security backing, and our leaders get to piggyback on yours politically

meanwhile, we don't put up with anything close to your sham politics, we aren't hated worldwide, our historical records are cleaner, we've still got the whole sea to shining sea bit, our corporate and financial sectors are a million times safer, better government entitlements with a deficit that the rest of the world envies

and most of all, we aren't bombarded with retardedly over the top advertisements and marketing campaigns that should be enough to drive every American insane... that shit still goes on, but it's much more subtle

actually, if i were to describe the difference between America and Canada, i'd use the word 'subtle'. Canada is subtle America. and considering the state of affairs down south at the moment, that should be a welcome variation.
    You are from Canada Ridonks? What part? You are one of the coolest guys on here, I should have put 2 and 2 together. Oh and don't forget that our society is generally freer than the land of the free, and our law enforcement is respectful and more professional for the most part.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

So what do Canadian feel in general about outsiders coming to live there....especially from the US?

What's the biggest culture shock for an American/US going there?