Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for new basketball shoes

I like my shoes lightweight, and really liked last years Adizero stuff, the Derrick Rose shoe.

Of course I eventually blew out my achilles while playing with it on, but to be fair the shoe really had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I like my shoes lightweight, and really liked last years Adizero stuff, the Derrick Rose shoe.

Of course I eventually blew out my achilles while playing with it on, but to be fair the shoe really had nothing to do with it.
    I second this about Adidas. As a long time Jordan guy I've found the adizero line to be the best in terms of quality/weight vs price. Probably the best shoe that I've ever played in. But my input might be skewed in the fact that playing in retroes for so long I never experienced the evolution of shoe technology. Even the low end adizeros to me outperform any other brand

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dem' Concords

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    But my input might be skewed in the fact that playing in retroes for so long I never experienced the evolution of shoe technology.
    Which retroes did you play in? The 6's, 7's and 8's all have cardboard underneath the insole separating it from the air unit.

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Dem' Concords
    Iverson at Georgetown grail status.

I second this about Adidas. As a long time Jordan guy I've found the adizero line to be the best in terms of quality/weight vs price. Probably the best shoe that I've ever played in. But my input might be skewed in the fact that playing in retroes for so long I never experienced the evolution of shoe technology. Even the low end adizeros to me outperform any other brand
    I agree. I have a pair a low Rose 2.5s and they are amazing. Slim along the middle of the foot but wide around the toe. Probably the best fitting pair of shoes I have ever had. I'll prob get a pair of 3.5s after his new pair are released and prices drop.

I really prefer low tops now. I never wore them until recently but I love the freedom of motion they give. I've never had anything more than minor ankle sprains tho so I don't worry much about support.

I usually hit open layups Ron Jeremy's Avatar

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

if you like mids, the lebron solider zoom 6's are on sale on eastbay for like 80-90

honestly, i dont like lebron shoes all that much, but these shoes are GREAT for ballin

I got a pair of Black/Blue Adidas T-Macs a couple weeks ago at FinishLine. $65. Nobody was happier that day than I.

My advice would be to get those classics.

They take forever to break in, though. And they're kinda heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Which retroes did you play in? The 6's, 7's and 8's all have cardboard underneath the insole separating it from the air unit.
    I didn't really pick up my first pair of J's until the XV first dropped. But they weren't even my first pair of J's. My very first pair of J's were the Jordan Lite OG's

Back then it was first all about Reebok. Being in Philly you had to have the Questions and then follow with all the Answers. Also this is when And 1 became big and we had a local kid Aaron Owens representin', so we all rocked the Tai Chis. I also had a huge collection of slip ons from that line. When I started getting into J's on the regular the pairs I rocked on the court were:

III's (my fave by far)
    XI (Cool Greys and Fire Red lows)
    Pure

XVIII
    XIII

After the XVI I never got into any newer models because I was hooked on the retros.
    So it's been a long time since I've experienced new kicks. Up until I got my Derrick rose adizero 2 I wore either my XIII lows or my retro Questions

Earned not given

I just bought some Hyperdunk's for ankle support on Eastbay. What do you guys think about those shoes?

III's (my fave by far)
    XI (Cool Greys and Fire Red lows)
    I respect how you are able to treat these shoes the way they are intended to be treated, as shoes. Whenever I get my hands on a III or XI, I treat them with extreme care and wear them no more than twice a week. And, neither would ever see a basketball court. They each have features about them that deserve attention if you're like me and want to keep them looking new for as long as possible (midsole paint cracking on the III and icy sole yellowing on the XI).

I remember you said you sold some Space Jam XI's to a hipster kid on a skateboard. How much did you get for them and what was the condition of the icy soles?

I respect how you are able to treat these shoes the way they are intended to be treated, as shoes. Whenever I get my hands on a III or XI, I treat them with extreme care and wear them no more than twice a week. And, neither would ever see a basketball court. They each have features about them that deserve attention if you're like me and want to keep them looking new for as long as possible (midsole paint cracking on the III and icy sole yellowing on the XI).
    That's why I get 2 pairs
    My grails are the Flips. 1- because the III's are my all-time favs, 2- because I'm filipino

I remember you said you sold some Space Jam XI's to a hipster kid on a skateboard. How much did you get for them and what was the condition of the icy soles?
    $280
    Ice was yellowed despite the fact I never took them out the box. It is virtually impossible to avoid. But kid took them.

$280
    Ice was yellowed despite the fact I never took them out the box. It is virtually impossible to avoid. But kid took them.
    Were they wrapped with the paper the whole time in the box? Some theorize the paper makes them yellow faster than normal.

DJ Greg Street has a pair of OG 6's that are still icy. Craziness.

$280 is a great deal for you though. I definitely wouldn't pay that price for yellow soles, something I'm a stickler about. Others don't mind it, but the shoe is done for me at the point it's completely pissed out.

Were they wrapped with the paper the whole time in the box? Some theorize the paper makes them yellow faster than normal.

DJ Greg Street has a pair of OG 6's that are still icy. Craziness.

$280 is a great deal for you though. I definitely wouldn't pay that price for yellow soles, something I'm a stickler about. Others don't mind it, but the shoe is done for me at the point it's completely pissed out.
    They were in it's original packaging. In fact the kid pulled it out the box the first time since I had bought them (other than when I had pulled them out to post pics.

I have VI's that still have the ice clear as vodka. I think the use a different compound for those one.
    I've seen fake XI's made with a similar compound which didn't yellow