Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    So no matter what he will be a Top 10 PF in the NBA in your opinion?
    Yep and will be by next season.

To Valliant, you honestly think Beasley is worse then Haslem? Haslem is a glorified bench player, who has been helped throughout his career by Shaq and Alonzo as they were able to cover the glaring defensive holes in his game.

The only reason he wasn't starting was due to Haslem being a captain of the team.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yep and will be by next season.

To Valliant, you honestly think Beasley is worse then Haslem? Haslem is a glorified bench player, who has been helped throughout his career by Shaq and Alonzo as they were able to cover the glaring defensive holes in his game.

The only reason he wasn't starting was due to Haslem being a captain of the team.
    OR...that he refused to be defensively accountable so Spolestra (sp) would nail him to the bench. And I completely agree that Haslem is glorified bench player...someone that a person of Beasely talent (and he is immensely talented) should easily have been able to supplant...but he was immature, lazy on defense, and played selfishly on offense.

Do you really think a Rookie coach, playing to keep his first NBA job, would let a inferior player start out of respect for him being a captain? Over his superhyped #2 pick? Or maybe that player was so immature and stubborn that nailing his ass to the bench was the only way the coach could see to try and teach him some respect for winning ball.

I don't think Beasley is bad...when he plays hard and is focused he is amazing. Fantastic hands and amazing touch on his jumper and around the rim. But it takes more than talent to succeed, especially when you measure success as something more than your individual statistics.
    Last edited by Valliant13; 05-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.

I'll take Beasley. More impressive skill set and much higher ceiling.

Learning to shoot layups Orodoro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I think Griffin. Just something about the way he plays. He has the killer instinct that Beasley currently lacks.
    This is true. He has the determination to do w/e it takes to win. That's what seperate good players from great players.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    OR...that he refused to be defensively accountable so Spolestra (sp) would nail him to the bench. And I completely agree that Haslem is glorified bench player...someone that a person of Beasely talent (and he is immensely talented) should easily have been able to supplant...but he was immature, lazy on defense, and played selfishly on offense.

Do you really think a Rookie coach, playing to keep his first NBA job, would let a inferior player start out of respect for him being a captain? Over his superhyped #2 pick? Or maybe that player was so immature and stubborn that nailing his ass to the bench was the only way the coach could see to try and teach him some respect for winning ball.

I don't think Beasley is bad...when he plays hard and is focused he is amazing. Fantastic hands and amazing touch on his jumper and around the rim. But it takes more than talent to succeed, especially when you measure success as something more than your individual statistics.
    On a team loaded with rookies and young players and the mission of getting to the playoffs, the rookie coach went with his veteran/team captain to help provide leadership.

Beasley's a better player than Haslem, not as consistent, but he was a rookie.

I have a question for you. Who played better defense in the Hawks series?

Quote Originally Posted by HiphopRelated
    On a team loaded with rookies and young players and the mission of getting to the playoffs, the rookie coach went with his veteran/team captain to help provide leadership.

Beasley's a better player than Haslem, not as consistent, but he was a rookie.

I have a question for you. Who played better defense in the Hawks series?
    Neither played much...but Beasley was better. Though that says more about how limited Haslem is against extremely athletic front court players, that any defesive awaking by Beasley. Still, I will give him credit, Beasley was only player aisde from D-Wade that brought anything on offense on a consistent basis in the series. The kid does have talent, and if maturity suddenly strikes him he will be an excellent offensive player...but I suspect Blake will be much butter all round player.

I don't see the Duncan comparisons at all. A short A'mare makes more sense to me, or Kenyon Martin when he came out.

Baron Davis
    Eric Gordon
    Blake Griffin

Is such a nice core to build around. Their pieces are just so hard to move. However, talk about physicality with those 3...

Isn't Griffin taller than Amare? Griffin is 6'9", 6'10" in shoes according to most sources. I thought Amare was 6'8" and 6'9" in shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Isn't Griffin taller than Amare? Griffin is 6'9", 6'10" in shoes according to most sources. I thought Amare was 6'8" and 6'9" in shoes.
    At this point it's just speculation. The hard evidence is a journalist who knows a guy who saw Blake get measured. Until the predraft camp measurement I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. Either 6'8 or 6'9 wouldn't surprise me. Even 6'7 or 6'10 wouldn't be a complete shock...height manipulation in the NCAA is all over the place for a variety of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Amare measured 6'8.5'' w/o shoes at the pre-draft. I might be underestimating Griffin's height because he's built a little stockier.

just thought i would bump this