Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups TiMavericks21's Avatar

Default Rockets??? C'mon Now

OK, FIRST OFF -- THE HOUSTON ROCKETS WILL NOT BE CHAMPIONS IN 2006-2007. I AM A MAVS FAN, BUT I AM ALSO REALISTIC. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE ROCKETS ARE YOUNG AND THEY DO HAVE SOME TALENT BUT C'MON. YOU LISTED GUYS "John Lucas,Kirk Snyder,Casey J.,V. Spannoulis,S.Novak", THAT HAVEN'T PROVEN ANYTHING IN THE NBA. JUST BECAUSE A GUY PLAYS WELL IN FIBA DOESN'T MEAN HE'S GETTING TO BE A STAR IN THE NBA. SNYDER AND JACOBSEN HAVEN'T SHOWN THAT THEY CAN MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS AND THE OTHER GUYS ARE ALL YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED PLAYING IN A DIFFICULT WESTERN CONFERENCE. IN ORDER TO GET TO THE FINALS, THE ROCKETS WOULD HAVE TO GET PAST TWO OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WEST(WHICH THEY SIMPLY WON'T DO). NOT TRYING TO BE SARCASTIC, BUT IT IS JUST UNREALISTIC THAT ANY TEAM IN THE WEST BESIDES DALLAS, SAN ANTONIO OR PHOENIX WILL BE PLAYING IN THE FINALS.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by TiMavericks21
    OK, FIRST OFF -- THE HOUSTON ROCKETS WILL NOT BE CHAMPIONS IN 2006-2007. I AM A MAVS FAN, BUT I AM ALSO REALISTIC. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE ROCKETS ARE YOUNG AND THEY DO HAVE SOME TALENT BUT C'MON. YOU LISTED GUYS "John Lucas,Kirk Snyder,Casey J.,V. Spannoulis,S.Novak", THAT HAVEN'T PROVEN ANYTHING IN THE NBA. JUST BECAUSE A GUY PLAYS WELL IN FIBA DOESN'T MEAN HE'S GETTING TO BE A STAR IN THE NBA. SNYDER AND JACOBSEN HAVEN'T SHOWN THAT THEY CAN MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS AND THE OTHER GUYS ARE ALL YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED PLAYING IN A DIFFICULT WESTERN CONFERENCE. IN ORDER TO GET TO THE FINALS, THE ROCKETS WOULD HAVE TO GET PAST TWO OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WEST(WHICH THEY SIMPLY WON'T DO). NOT TRYING TO BE SARCASTIC, BUT IT IS JUST UNREALISTIC THAT ANY TEAM IN THE WEST BESIDES DALLAS, SAN ANTONIO OR PHOENIX WILL BE PLAYING IN THE FINALS.
    The guys you say haven't proven anything will be role players just like your mavs have, in Diop,and what was Daniels,, Novak will be that 3 point shooter to avoid doubles, Tmac and Yao will carry the load, Chuck hayes will be a defender and rebounder much like rodman was, you say you being realistic, look at the team that took your mavs to 7games 2 years ago... it was way worse than this new team.. so getting past mavs will be a piece of cake,plus the Rockets are actually not done shopping and a couple players will be dealt to bring in a pf

Learning to shoot layups TiMavericks21's Avatar

I'm pretty dissappointed in your response, your obviously not educated when it comes to basketball. Why do you keep bringing up the Playoffs from 2 years ago. That was 2 years ago. It's a completely different team. And if you recall, the Mavs were in the midst of a coaching change(only 18 games under Avery before the playoffs), down 2-0 came back and won Game 7 by how many points.. oh yeah 40 --- 40 points in a decisive game 7. That's unbelievably embarassing. I don't even know why you would bring that up. Marquis Daniels was a very good player on a great team. He HAS PROVEN himself. His rookie year he averaged 20, 6 and 4 in the last 15 games of the season. He's going to be a stud on Indiana. Chuck Hayes/Rodman comparison is stupid. Rodman's one of the best rebounders in the history of the NBA. You wanna talk about Novak's 3 point game. OK, Dallas has Dirk, Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, Buckner, Croshere, George, Ager that can all shoot the 3 ball, so getting excited about Novak ain't that big a deal. Just be realistic. The Rockets core players have potential to be a good team. The Mavs are a great team. They won 60 games and went to the NBA Finals, beating 2 other great teams in San Antonio and Phoenix along the way. If you wanna talk sports, make good points and talk about current information, not Playoff series from 2 years ago.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

I'm pretty dissappointed in your response, your obviously not educated when it comes to basketball. Why do you keep bringing up the Playoffs from 2 years ago. That was 2 years ago. It's a completely different team. And if you recall, the Mavs were in the midst of a coaching change(only 18 games under Avery before the playoffs), down 2-0 came back and won Game 7 by how many points.. oh yeah 40 --- 40 points in a decisive game 7. That's unbelievably embarassing. I don't even know why you would bring that up. Marquis Daniels was a very good player on a great team. He HAS PROVEN himself. His rookie year he averaged 20, 6 and 4 in the last 15 games of the season. He's going to be a stud on Indiana. Chuck Hayes/Rodman comparison is stupid. Rodman's one of the best rebounders in the history of the NBA. You wanna talk about Novak's 3 point game. OK, Dallas has Dirk, Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, Buckner, Croshere, George, Ager that can all shoot the 3 ball, so getting excited about Novak ain't that big a deal. Just be realistic. The Rockets core players have potential to be a good team. The Mavs are a great team. They won 60 games and went to the NBA Finals, beating 2 other great teams in San Antonio and Phoenix along the way. If you wanna talk sports, make good points and talk about current information, not Playoff series from 2 years ago.
    if TMac is healthy like he says the skys the limit for the Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TMac + Yao the best duo in the league

Saw a basketball once

1. Miami-Got to put the champs first
    2. Dallas-Dallas gots a deep squad
    3. Phoenix-If amare can get healthy they could go to number one.
    4. Chicago-Chicago looks really good on paper
    5. San Antonio-San Antonio is always good.
    6. Houston-Same as chicago
    7. Nets-Nets got a really good team....in the east.
    8. Cleveland-Cleveland improved last year! i expect another impovement.
    9. Detroit-Lots of questions?
    10. New Orleans-Its a stretch...but it would be nice to see!

Everyone is saying that the Bulls are the best in defense, but people are being a little harsh on their offensive game. They are known for coming back in games late and occasionally have some blow out win games. Also they are good enough to beat almost every team at least once. You'll see that most of the Bulls players will increase their points per game this season. Once they win more games people will talk differently about their offense. Ben Gordon who is one of their leading scorers had about 17 points per game, but that will probably improve.

Decent playground baller Hot Shot Rox's Avatar

we got bonzi now does this change ur opinion at all?

I would think that more people would believe that the Bulls have a bigger chance of being champions way before the Rockets ever do. If the Rockets win a championship it would most likely be a year or two years after the Bulls win it all. This would definately bring back memories of the 90's, Bulls three-peat from 91'-93' Rockets re-peat 94'-95' and finally Bulls 2nd three-peat 96'-98'. You never know one or two of these teams could be champions again in a few years. Honestly, I would prefer the Bulls winning it all first because I'm a Bulls fan. Bulls 2010 champs?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Rox
    we got bonzi now does this change ur opinion at all?
    Damn our team is looking good

PG - Alston
    SG - Wells
    SF - T-Mac
    PF - Battier
    C - Yao

Default Houston Rockets

Well yeah i think the Houston Rockets are looking real good...w/ the addition of Bonzi Wells. Our depth is much better and i think if t-mac and Yao stay healthy we will go deep in the play offs this season. Mavs mmmmmm i think they're good and they definitaly did good last season... but you have to keep in mind. the rockets were invaded by injuries last season. without the injuries and w/ yao's improvement i think we will go deep in the season. Spurs have always kept a strong and well define basketball team. but only time will tell how the rockets will do this upcoming season...I think T-Mac is ready. and w/ a healthy T-mac i think we can take on the mavs or spurs...the pheonix w/ steve nash is good but i think we will own them this season. w/ the new additions the rockets have made...take is easy dawgs!

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

How quickly the heat went from #1

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    1. Dallas
    2. San Antonio
    3. Miami
    4. Phoenix
    5. Detroit
    6. Lakers
    7. Clippers
    8. Cavs
    9. Nets
    10. Bulls
    This is what I had. Other than the Heat and Bulls not that far off. Phoenix is starting to win now.

Just a thought, anyone who has posted in this thread could quote their top 10 list and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    1 - Phoneix - Add Amare and keep the core for a second year.
    2 - Dallas - I don't like Dallas but they re-tooled and got better.
    3 - Miami - Champs But they aren't a great regular season team
    4 - San Antonio - There trio of players in second to none when it come to winning.
    5 - Cleveland - LeBron. Maybe a healthy season for Hughes and Varejao.
    6 - Clippers - Still lookig for Maggette to be traded but great team Cassel will win he always does.
    7 - Detriot - They aren't the last yrs Pistons but in the East are a 50 win team
    8 - Chicago - Could end up higher but we haven't seen them play together yet.
    9 - Houston - Yao and TMac will win 50 games. Health is always a risk
    10 - New Jersey - Kidd.Carter.Richardson In the East will finish in the top 4.
    My New Power Rankings.

1 - San Antonio - The edge out Jazz. Duncan is the best player in the World.
    2 - Jazz - Boozer and Deron are 24 and 22. Scary thought this could become a good team for a long time.
    3 - Cleveland - To dependant on LeBron but thankfully in the horrible East
    4 - Orlando - Edge out other teams cause they have an easier schedule. Gotta love playing in the East
    5 - Lakers - Don't Like them but do respect them.
    6 - Clippers - Steady. Don't think they are a top teir team but should get 50 wins second round exit.
    7 - Houston - Yoa is the best Center in the NBA.
    8 - New Orleans - start the Chris Paul for MVP talk. Not goin to happen but he will get some votes.
    9 - Dallas - They are goin to back near the top very soon with there play of late.
    10 - Indy - Already played 11 games on the road. This team could win the Central. Who would have thought of that with Cleveland, Pistons and Bulls in the division.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Top 10 ISH Power Ranking:

1- GOBB- The most dominant poster on this board. Try to knock him off and you'll be dismissed
    2- KBlaze- Vast knowledge about basketball. Will hold it down in any topic ever known
    3-Geewiz- Works hard on every post on this board. Guys try to break him but always comes back
    4- Wignosy- The smartest guy on here, bar none.
    5- hotsizzle- Got the highest post count for a reason
    6- ced- Gets involved with every post. Gets the ball rolling on every topic
    7- insidehoops- he owns the board. What else can be said?
    8- kwajo - the resident clown. Brings a sense of humor
    9- hateraid brigns a sense of realism. The most honest guy here
    10- applenader- stays true to his beliefs. we all love this country down deep.

1 to 30 is a pretty close call., if you want more shouts get back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Top 10 ISH Power Ranking:

1- GOBB- The most dominant poster on this board. Try to knock him off and you'll be dismissed
    2- KBlaze- Vast knowledge about basketball. Will hold it down in any topic ever known
    3-Geewiz- Works hard on every post on this board. Guys try to break him but always comes back
    4- Wignosy- The smartest guy on here, bar none.
    5- hotsizzle- Got the highest post count for a reason
    6- ced- Gets involved with every post. Gets the ball rolling on every topic
    7- insidehoops- he owns the board. What else can be said?
    8- kwajo - the resident clown. Brings a sense of humor
    9- hateraid brigns a sense of realism. The most honest guy here
    10- applenader- stays true to his beliefs. we all love this country down deep.

1 to 30 is a pretty close call., if you want more shouts get back.
    i want a 1 - 30 list come one and do a bottom 10 posters