Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

Chicago is going to run like the Suns w/Marion.

Check out this man:

WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxi8TVXONvk

Banned

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

Larry Hughes' never ending injuries caused the trade. Cleveland Cavaliers wanted to be tough. Ben Wallace can do this inside.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Drew Gooden played so much smarter basketball at school...

Drew Gooden got caught up in the bling, Larry has never been the same since he left the Wizard and Goldens State open court style.

why live??

Default Re: ESPNNews: "Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics trying to pull off 10-player deal"

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    What can you guys tell me about Delonte West to comfort me?
    He's a good shooter, an above average defender, and he hustles his ass off.

Once I found out about getting Garnett, I wanted West back. I would have been happy to lose Rondo at the time.

College star

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Quote Originally Posted by weakbomb
    Cleveland Cavaliers made a good job. Ben Wallace and Wally Szczerbiak are the players they need.
    ehh..to me the Cavs were better off with what they had than these 2 guys

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: ESPNNews: "Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics trying to pull off 10-player deal"

[QUOTE=Se

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

West CAN distribute but its not his strength. He's more of a 2-guard in a point guards body. But serviceable either way, and much better at it than Damon Jones or Snow.

Jeff McInnis has been our best PG over the past 4-5 years.

Certainly, Delonte West can be better than that. That's not a very high barometer of success to try and climb over.

Each of our PG's had only one element of the things that Senor Cedric mentioned (shooting/toughness/defense). None of them had all 3, or even close to that........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    West CAN distribute but its not his strength. He's more of a 2-guard in a point guards body. But serviceable either way, and much better at it than Damon Jones or Snow.
    and that's all you need with lebron on the court.

This is a very random trade, and deserves some very random thoughts!

Hughes and Wallets is a wash. Both were terrible on their current teams, and huge disappointments. Hopefully a change can revitalize them. It may or it may not. However, Wallets should play the 4 next to Z. That will allow him to play D and grab boards.

With Larry Hughes coming in, doesn't this kind of spell the end of Ben Gordon in Chicago?

Wally World might be a good pick up for Cleveland. He's a spot up shooter on a team that needed a spot up shooter.

If I remember correctly, West was playing pretty well for Boston last year.

Joe Smith is a solid, if kind of boring, pickup for the Cavs. He'll be a decent backup.

Seattle has been crazy active this year. How many trades have they been a part of now? Five, dating back to last summer?

At the very least, this shakes up two teams that were underachieving.

Whew, what a season so far!

Finally, welcome back BULLS! :
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 02-21-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Banned

Delonte West is a solid defender and a very underrated player.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

kblaze, I'm confused by your post, do you think this was a good trade or no? I personally am very happy that the Bulls got rid of Ben Wallace. Joe Smith is the only talent leaving the team. Wallace sucks. The Bulls get two decent players in Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden and they can package several players together during the offseason to get a real all-star player.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    How are his ball handling skills? The Cavs need a natural point guard. Will West fit the bill, in your opinion?
    I really want to see West enjoy 30+ at the pg spot, and find a home there. I think he has the makings of a good Cleveland system pg. He won't be an all star or get a lot of recognition, but I think he will be a reliable starter, especially in the playoffs.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Nice...

How are his ball handling skills? The Cavs need a natural point guard. Will West fit the bill, in your opinion?
    helll yes Helll yes we have a PG dude we have a PG.