Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Better floor leader: Jordan or Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    You are talking about something else entirely.

Jordan got his head handed to him in the playoffs by those exact same teams. Year after year.

Many people argue - from an extremely strong position - that the champion Bulls would have continued to be also-rans/disappeared if they had to play in the 80s before those teams got old. Jordan and Rodman both knew it, and said it as a simple fact - the NBA they were winning in was far weaker than the 80s NBA.
    And many more people have trashed this idiotic and biased agenda driven nonsense.

There's no question the 90s Bulls never met a team in the Finals of the caliber of Showtime Lakers or the 80s Celtics, nor the Pistons, early '80s Sixers, early 80s Bucks.

Many people contend the '80s Jazz were better than the old legs Jazz that got into the Finals.... but Magic's Lakers made sure they never got out of the West.

If you are going to try and bring up things that don't answer the OP's question but that suit your agenda, you are going to have to face the fact that Michael Jordan won in a far weaker league than the NBA Magic Johnson dominated in.
    Im about to squash your biased agenda by forcing you to contradict your stance by saying this. How do you explain the fact that the Bulls destroyed the Lakers and Pistons in the 91 playoffs? Beating the Pistons 4-0 then the Lakers 4-1.

To answer the question. Magic was more of a leader than Jordan. Its one of the things that made Magic great.

You are talking about something else entirely.

Jordan got his head handed to him in the playoffs by those exact same teams. Year after year.

Many people argue - from an extremely strong position - that the champion Bulls would have continued to be also-rans/disappeared if they had to play in the 80s before those teams got old. Jordan and Rodman both knew it, and said it as a simple fact - the NBA they were winning in was far weaker than the 80s NBA.

There's no question the 90s Bulls never met a team in the Finals of the caliber of Showtime Lakers or the 80s Celtics, nor the Pistons, early '80s Sixers, early 80s Bucks.
    Many people contend the '80s Jazz were better than the old legs Jazz that got into the Finals.... but Magic's Lakers made sure they never got out of the West.

If you are going to try and bring up things that don't answer the OP's question but that suit your agenda, you are going to have to face the fact that Michael Jordan won in a far weaker league than the NBA Magic Johnson dominated in.
    Are you not guilty of the very same thing you seem so vehemently opposed to?

Jordan was a great leader but more importantly he was a fantastic player. He did alot of the heavy lifting on his own, and frankly did things that Magic could not have done. Magic's strength did rest more in his leadership and ability to directly involve teammates in the games. Magic had great versatility, but he didnt have the physical skills Mj did...

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Yeah those same Pistons and Celtics teams that were kicking mj's a$$ year after year in the playoffs.

The answer is obviously Magic. When you watch him play you can see how he directs the entire team and what everyone should be doing. DURING play. Literally the engine of the team. Whereas Jordan would do that kind of stuff during timeouts or breaks in play while during play he'd mostly be concerned with his own stuff.
    BS

Magic lost with GOAT Kareem & HOF worthy on his team to Celtics, Pistons & sixers . Magic is clearly a biggest looser than MJ & even Bird

I agree with '87-'90 MJ, "give me Kareem & worthy, I'll win rings too"

after all MJ got 32.5 / 8 / 8 with amateur pippen & grant. could easily get 30 /10 /10 for 82 games with GOAT kareem & UNC teammate Worthy in Bulls line up.

MJ clearly better floor leader than Magic.

Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    BS

Magic lost with GOAT Kareem & HOF worthy on his team to Celtics, Pistons & sixers . Magic is clearly a biggest looser than MJ & even Bird

I agree with '87-'90 MJ, "give me Kareem & worthy, I'll win rings too"

could easily get 30 /10 /10 for 82 games with GOAT kareem & UNC teammate Worthy in Bulls line up.
    Do you honestly believe that?

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Im about to squash your biased agenda by forcing you to contradict your stance by saying this. How do you explain the fact that the Bulls destroyed the Lakers and Pistons in the 91 playoffs? Beating the Pistons 4-0 then the Lakers 4-1.
    best of luck with that. I've seen the argument (and your own argument) on the subject of relative NBA strength in the 80s vs. the 90s, and it's never been convincing. Jordan and Rodman themselves disagree with you.

And I already answered that question about the 91 playoffs.

Many people argue - from an extremely strong position - that the champion Bulls would have continued to be also-rans/disappeared if they had to play in the 80s [COLOR="Red"]before those teams got old. [/COLOR]

And yes, a year is a very long time for an NBA player.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Are you not guilty of the very same thing you seem so vehemently opposed to?
    absolutely. that is pure tit for tat. if he wants to debate something entirely different from the OP's question, he better bring fact instead of just making some statement like it's undebateable fact.

best of luck with that. I've seen the argument (and your own argument) on the subject of relative NBA strength in the 80s vs. the 90s, and it's never been convincing. Jordan and Rodman themselves disagree with you.

Many people argue - from an extremely strong position - that the champion Bulls would have continued to be also-rans/disappeared if they had to play in the 80s [COLOR="Red"]before those teams got old. [/COLOR]

Neither Jordan nor Rodman ever said anything suggesting the Bulls era was weaker than any other. I know Rodman said you couldn't compare the 96 Bulls to the great teams of the 80s ONLY BECAUSE THEY HADNT WON ANYTHING YET.

Neither the Lakers nor Pistons were old at the time they were destroyed by the Bulls. What do you consider old? For the Lakers, Magic was 30 one year removed from being MVP, and.was runner-up in 91. He put up basically the same stats. Worthy was 28 or 29 the same as Scott. The same holds true for the Pistons. I guess you could say Laimbeer was old. But he was in his 30s when the Pistons won. Not to mention his game was predicated on strength and jumpshooting. So Id like to ask you, who was old on those teams?

The Lakers weren't old though.

The average age of the Lakers starting five was 29 years old. Most players peak somewhere between 27-30.

Do you honestly believe that?
    Jordan + Kareem + Worthy >>> Jordan + Pippen + Grant

Kareem is GOAT top 3.
    Worthy has a complete post-up polished offensive game & is an all-time great.

tell me you think otherwise !

I dont see MJ + Kareem + Worthy LOOSING a single NBA Finals or Conf Finals to any team.

The Lakers core ages in 91 avg age 27
    Magic 31
    Worthy 29
    Scott 29
    Perkins 29
    Green 27
    Divac 22

The Pistons core players age in 91 avg age 29
    Thomas 29
    Dumars 29
    Rodman 29
    Aguire 31
    Laimbeer 33
    Salley 26
    Johnson 34

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    The Lakers core ages in 91 avg age 27
    Magic 31
    Worthy 29
    Scott 29
    Perkins 29
    Green 27
    Divac 22

The Pistons core players age in 91 avg age 29
    Thomas 29
    Dumars 29
    Rodman 29
    Aguire 31
    Laimbeer 33
    Salley 26
    Johnson 34
    This guy La Frescobaldi has a vicious BIASED agenda. You OWNED his a$$ completely with that "before they got Old" thing.

well done.

The Lakers weren't old though.

The average age of the Lakers starting five was 29 years old. Most players peak somewhere between 27-30.
    He knows they werent old. Its just his agenda typing.