Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Monroe/Drummond Vs Cousins/Robinson

Um, Cousins' upside>Drummond's...

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Sacto. Just because Cousins is already a monster and not even close to realizing his full potential yet and I think Robinson's a pretty sure thing to give you 15/9 type stuff for a number of years.

Drummond's all hype and potential. He works out, that's probably the best frontcourt in the league. But it's all wait and see for now. At least for me.

One of Cousins or Robinson better learn to shoot a jumper though.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Sacto. Just because Cousins is already a monster and not even close to realizing his full potential yet and I think Robinson's a pretty sure thing to give you 15/9 type stuff for a number of years.

Drummond's all hype and potential. He works out, that's probably the best frontcourt in the league. But it's all wait and see for now. At least for me.

One of Cousins or Robinson better learn to shoot a jumper though.
    while cousins is awesome, people are really underrating greg here. cousins was the featured player on his team (greg should've been, but spent entire quarters watching isotayshaun and stuckey ball). Cousins shot something like 45% last year. monroe was, at one point, near the top of the league in fg% and well over 50% for the year.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    while cousins is awesome, people are really underrating greg here. cousins was the featured player on his team (greg should've been, but spent entire quarters watching isotayshaun and stuckey ball). Cousins shot something like 45% last year. monroe was, at one point, near the top of the league in fg% and well over 50% for the year.
    I love Monroe, seriously, I ADORE that dude's game, I just don't really know about his long term viability at the 4 spot. I know that's what everyone says he is, but I just don't think he is, not in today's NBA. We're going to more and more stretch 4s and just big brawny ball handling 3s playing the 4, I don't know that Monroe can defend guys like that. Drummond's going to have to grow into a pretty nice switch man off of screen's so Monroe doesn't have to leave the paint a ton on D.

cousins/ rob

People don't understand the concept of physicality. BIG CUZ.

-Smak

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I love Monroe, seriously, I ADORE that dude's game, I just don't really know about his long term viability at the 4 spot. I know that's what everyone says he is, but I just don't think he is, not in today's NBA. We're going to more and more stretch 4s and just big brawny ball handling 3s playing the 4, I don't know that Monroe can defend guys like that. Drummond's going to have to grow into a pretty nice switch man off of screen's so Monroe doesn't have to leave the paint a ton on D.
    Monroe and Drummond can both play the 5 and Drummond is damn near 300 pounds with one of the highest verts in the draft class. That some SHAQ type POTENTIAL.

I'm sure that if a stretch 4 gets past Monroe which will be tough already, they will have to deal with Drummond.

Only guys like Rose,DWade,Westbrook have the agility to run past their defender then slow down and try to draw a foul.

Either way, I'm really excited for this new influx of BIG men in the NBA. There was times when we only had 2-3 guys who played like real big men at a high level. Now we will have 7+ guys who can get in there and do work.