Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Melo's never been a top 5 player in the NBA. He's not even as good as Kevin Durant. LeBron's been better than Melo since their Sophomore Season. I hope the Knicks and Heat meet in the playoffs. Heat will sweep them.
    well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.

Melo played with 1st half of the season MVP Amare Stoudemire, but the Knicks had a worst record in the 2nd half of the season since the Nuggets- Knicks trade. Heat are still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference next year. The Heat are still getting better, and they are much superior defensive team than the Knicks. Please don't compared that Celtics team to the current Knicks team.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 10-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

What are you even trying to say here? Obviously you don't have to be the best player in the world or top 5 to win, it's a team effort. Your whole comment is incoherent.

Why do people get so wrapped up in trying to define "Best" player. Best player doesn't necessarily mean player you want to take a last second shot. I'd choose Melo, Dirk, Kobe, Pierce, probably in that order for a last second shot, but that doesn't mean they are better than Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Paul; it just means they are good at iso'ing and shooting Js.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Don't kidd yourself... Carmelo is a better one-on-one scorer and thats it.... Lebron is a superior passer, superior IQ, better help defense, etc...

and no im not a Lebron lover...

3-time NBA All-Star

Melo played with 1st half of the season MVP Amare Stoudemire, but the Knicks had a worst record in the 2nd half of the season since the Nuggets- Knicks trade. Heat are still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference next year. The Heat are still getting better, and they are much superior defensive team than the Knicks. Please don't compared that Celtics team to the current Knicks team.
    yeah that weak defensive team hold the heat to 80 pts . It just shows that defense is just more about effort than skills. Just like pierce being lazy until they got the big 3. But of course idiots value defense so much coz they actually believe in defense wins championships. miami and chicago are both better defensively than dallas yet dallas won.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Hes not better

but...

In the closing moments of a tight game you take Melo every single time.

Additionally, on offense Melo does trump Lebrons game with regard to versatility.
    can melo guard and play 4 positions.

yeah that weak defensive team hold the heat to 80 pts . It just shows that defense is just more about effort than skills. Just like pierce being lazy until they got the big 3. But of course idiots value defense so much coz they actually believe in defense wins championships. miami and chicago are both better defensively than dallas yet dallas won.
    Dallas played inspired basketball in the playoffs. Dirk is also a much better playoffs performer than Melo. And a much weaker defensive team like the Celtics had swept the Knicks in the first round.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    What are you even trying to say here? Obviously you don't have to be the best player in the world or top 5 to win, it's a team effort. Your whole comment is incoherent.

Why do people get so wrapped up in trying to define "Best" player. Best player doesn't necessarily mean player you want to take a last second shot. I'd choose Melo, Dirk, Kobe, Pierce, probably in that order for a last second shot, but that doesn't mean they are better than Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Paul; it just means they are good at iso'ing and shooting Js.
    Boston at the time they formed their big 3 is worse than the heat when they formed their big 3 because their team was gutted so dont give me that excuse that its a team effort or they have the better team. If the bench of 2 teams are equal then it goes down to the star players. if wade and lebron didnt win while being considered top 5 while boston without top 5 players won then the rankings are really not accurate. Pierce should be better than lebron/wade coz they won. And if melo is being compared to pierce then melo is better than lebron.

3-time NBA All-Star

Dallas played inspired basketball in the playoffs. Dirk is also a much better playoffs performer than Melo. And a much weaker defensive team like the Celtics had swept the Knicks in the first round.
    of course if 2 of your top 3 is injured esp after being gutted, do you expect that team to win?If you do, then that just tells how low your IQ is

Edit: That just proves my point that defense is more about effort/inspiration/motivation. And knicks will be motivated to play it next season.
    Last edited by knicksman; 10-12-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

melo just sucks you cant win with him starting at sf, no defense,horrible shot selection, this guy cant even get in good physical shape anyone see game 2 vs celtics? this guy was so gassed he couldn't foul to extend the game. i rate him top 20 in terms of how he impacts the game.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You know some people in this thread were obviously trolling. But you , my god, you're actually THIS dumb. Sad.
    Naaa Dumb are those being fooled by statpadders

There are some aspects of the game Melo is clearly better but Lebron > Melo as overall.

Learning to shoot layups

lebron
    rose
    wade
    kobe
    amare
    dwight
    deron
    aldridge
    paul
    duncan
    ginobli
    durant
    parker
    westbrook
    nash
    dirk
    bosh
    pierce
    gasol
    rondo
    roy(before injury)

all players who impact the game better than melo and are just better.

Learning to shoot layups

Naaa Dumb are those being fooled by statpadders
    dont worry melo doesn't fool me.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by lolokay
    melo just sucks you cant win with him starting at sf, no defense,horrible shot selection, this guy cant even get in good physical shape anyone see game 2 vs celtics? this guy was so gassed he couldn't foul to extend the game. i rate him top 20 in terms of how he impacts the game.
    He couldn't even play a whole exibition game, on the other hand lebron plays like every minute of every playoff game.