Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

Monta is not worth more than iggy, sorry. Iggy will be very coveted this offseason, especially by contending teams. This is the perfect time to deal him.

Trading Evan Turner after 1 season doesnt say much about him IF you're bringing back a stud of all studs. For example he was apart of a trade that brought back Dwight Howard. But trading Evan Turner for Monta Ellis? Thats all but saying we goofed taking him at #2 when it should have been a big.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeorge
    I feel like it makes more sense to trade Ellis for Turner + filler... Turner CAN play the 2 and form a nice young duo with GS as well as clear cap space. Philly goes into win now mode with Holiday, Ellis, Iggy, Brand, (Someone) with Meeks/ Lou off the bench? Thats a pretty damn good team imo...
    Makes more sense to who? Because that trade makes zero sense. Aint no way GSW will give up Monta Ellis for Evan Turner and filler. Are you nuts? Lou Williams would be a goner if Ellis and Iguodala were still on the team. No minutes to give out because you need Jodie Meeks to get atleast 20 to give the team a valuable floor spacer, sniper from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Trading Evan Turner after 1 season doesnt say much about him IF you're bringing back a stud of all studs. For example he was apart of a trade that brought back Dwight Howard. But trading Evan Turner for Monta Ellis? Thats all but saying we goofed taking him at #2 when it should have been a big.

Makes more sense to who? Because that trade makes zero sense. Aint no way GSW will give up Monta Ellis for Evan Turner and filler. Are you nuts? Lou Williams would be a goner if Ellis and Iguodala were still on the team. No minutes to give out because you need Jodie Meeks to get atleast 20 to give the team a valuable floor spacer, sniper from 3.
    They wouldnt but Ellis isnt as important for the Warriors than u think.

Ideally the Sixers need a shooter. A guy who can shoot the 3 ball. A guy who can move without the ball and score. Either at the SG or SF spot. Like a Rip Hamilton guy would work, Ray Allen (taklin prime here to further give an example). That would be the perfect fit for the Sixers in a deal involving Iguodala. I just dont know off the top of my head players in the league that fall under this that are also available.

But I'd still consider Ellis because he is cheaper than Iguodala. Atleast if it doesnt work you saved some money.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Why would the Knicks want to do that when they can get either Howard or Paul next summer?
    Show me where you're getting the money from please

Iggy for Lee makes more sense, since Brand is getting older and could break down at any point. Next year, he could be hurt and totally worthless (a la Michael Redd this year). If not, then Lee and Brand can play alongside and there are two guys in the front court who can score 20 ppg.

If they get Lee, then next year they have leverage to trade away Brand during his expiring contract year.
    David Lee?

Good one trying to sabotage my team.

Sixers aint winnin shit with Iggy....Ship his soft ass out. Monte Ellis Tatted up like a G, Iggy got that lame as punk ass tat.

Also, I bet you Turner will become better with Iggy leaving.

Monte Ellis could be like Philly's new A.I....Only with a better cast.

Wonder how the starting lineup would look though? You wanna go with a very small back court? Might hurt you on D, but Holiday and Ellis's speed would rape any team in the league.

Do it Sixers.

Every team needs that go to player. Meaning scorer. Iggy aint give you that. Nobody feared him. lol@ Philly thinking he would take over for Iverson after A.I left...

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Iggy = Ellis ratings (potential trade)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic38
    Hope magic can pull off a miracle trade fr iggy, we need someone besides Dwight to play defense.
    this, i don't really like this move for philly it seems like a great move for the warriors though, i'd love either of them in a magic jersey

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Sixers aint winnin shit with Iggy....Ship his soft ass out. Monte Ellis Tatted up like a G, Iggy got that lame as punk ass tat.
    Yeah the giant TREE that Monta has covering his chest to abdomen is so gangster man. Real G like.

Also, I bet you Turner will become better with Iggy leaving.
    Considering Evan Turner didnt show much of anything? He is going to improve regardless. People will point to Iggy departure (if it happened) but in reality Turner will get better when he improves his shooting and gets stronger. 2 things Iggy has little control of.

Monte Ellis could be like Philly's new A.I....Only with a better cast.
    Who plays Theo Ratliff, Kwame Brown? Who plays Mutombo, Nazr Mohammed?

Who plays AI?

Wonder how the starting lineup would look though? You wanna go with a very small back court? Might hurt you on D, but Holiday and Ellis's speed would rape any team in the league.
    What do you mean you wanna go very small? Sixers have no choice genius. Remember you shipped soft ass Iggy out for the Monta living in a gangstas paradise Ellis remember? The f*ck you mean you wonder how the starting lineup looks and if they wanna go small. They have NO CHOICE.

I rule the local playground

lmfao at glorified streetballer Monta Ellis being better than Iguodala

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Ideally the Sixers need a shooter. A guy who can shoot the 3 ball. A guy who can move without the ball and score. Either at the SG or SF spot. Like a Rip Hamilton guy would work, Ray Allen (taklin prime here to further give an example). That would be the perfect fit for the Sixers in a deal involving Iguodala. I just dont know off the top of my head players in the league that fall under this that are also available.
    S-Jax for Iggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
    lmfao at glorified streetballer Monta Ellis being better than Iguodala

Monta isn't as complete a player as Iggy, but he has other things going for him; he's younger, healthier, and has a great contract (11 per year flat). Iggy is missing games every year because of tendinitis, and has a back-loaded contract.

Unless 76ers want to throw in Meeks or Speights I'de rather just keep Monta. Getting just Iggy for Monta isn't put us over the top (playoffs). We need depth, because our bench is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Monta isn't as complete a player as Iggy, but he has other things going for him; he's younger, healthier, and has a great contract (11 per year flat). Iggy is missing games every year because of tendinitis, and has a back-loaded contract.
    False. Why put out such blatant duck tales?

Unless 76ers want to throw in Meeks or Speights I'de rather just keep Monta. Getting just Iggy for Monta isn't put us over the top (playoffs). We need depth, because our bench is a joke.
    Monta Ellis isnt Dwayne Wade. You can keep the guy. GSW isnt going to the playoffs regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    S-Jax for Iggy?
    Too old

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i love the trade we get the go to scorer we desperately need cant deny the fact we lose defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i love the trade we get the go to scorer we desperately need cant deny the fact we lose defense though.
    Shane Battier, Grant Hill, Kelenna Azubuike are free agents to look at.

Get rid of Nocioni who has 2yrs left but the last year is a team option which pretty much can make you look at him as an expirer. Add 1 of these 3 to be a defensive guy.

False. Why put out such blatant duck tales?

Iggy has a bad Achilles and tendinitis in his right knee. It's something that will always be a lingering issue... and the Warriors play their starters more minutes than any team in the NBA, and at a fast pace. We try and play Iggy the same minutes that Monta is getting, and he's going to miss games (15 last year). Stack that with Curry's fragile ankles, and no depth, and you have a recipe for disaster.