Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Beasley's scoring ability will largely depend on matchups. His area of effectiveness will be determined by whether or not the player guarding him is taller or shorter than he is. Rose's responsibilities will not change regardless of opponent.

With a brand new head coach with no coaching experience at all the stability that comes from having a player perform the same job every game is invaluable.
    Plus, Chicago already has a potentially great rotation of Small Forwards in:

Deng
    Nocioni
    Sefolosha

there's no room for another 6 foot 7 player.

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    Plus, Chicago already has a potentially great rotation of Small Forwards in:

Deng
    Nocioni
    Sefolosha

there's no room for another 6 foot 7 player.
    Do I need to explain it again that Michael Beasley is a POWER Forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    at 6 foot 7...come on now. He's a tweener. Chicago already has enough of those. It's Rose all day.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

in response to beasley being 19 and why he doesn't have the potential to be great... i am very high on beasley also, if oden durant and beasley all came out at the same time im taking beasley durant then oden in that order, thats how high i am on beasley, which should tell you how high i am on rose, if you were to ask me who im taking in january im sayin beasley all the way, but what rose did in the tournament and watching his growth from the regular season to the tournament vs the likes of msu, texas, ucla, kansas?!? WHAT?!? are you kidding me? the kid was a pro playing against college kids, i thought and still do think dj augustine is a STUD! but what rose did to him and texas was breath taking

back to beasley, he's gonna do 22 and 8 as a rookie, but your getting what you have, lets face it i've seen plenty of kstate games to know beasleys a very good athlete but its not off the charts good like amare, garnett, marion, hell i think tyrus has more athletic ability in terms of raw natural athleticism, beasley plays more with his instinct and iq, which he happened to develop at an earlier age than any of his peers, but in terms of growth i just don't see him being that much better than what he is, he reminds me of bernard king a little bit, bernard was just athletic enough, but he had a good j and had a good feel for the game, thats how beasley plays

roses potential could be a top 3 pg in the league, i just don't see beasley as a top 3 pf in the league, also how many allstar pf's do you see avialable or on the market for trades? compared to allstar pg's? a great proven pg always gets locked up immediately!

bulls are grabbin rose and the only thing they'll regret about it is... not giving beasley enough attention, just to mess wit riley, hey you gotta get a competetive advantage in this league whether its minoot or not, that coulda screwed miamis draft process, just like how riley did to pax with dwade, that was paxs first season as gm and riley just tooled him and schooled him about synthetic deception to gain a competetive advantage... i will never forget about that day of that draft.

Banned

I dont like taking either player as a number 1 really...I would attempt to trade down and dangle Rose over someone who thinks he is better then he is...

I dont think either player is gonna be elite at their position...

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

it will be a shame if they dont draft beasley. miami dont even want rose they want mayo and rightfuly he wants to be like kobe but could fall short and be wades best sidekick in years.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    it will be a shame if they dont draft beasley. miami dont even want rose they want mayo and rightfuly he wants to be like kobe but could fall short and be wades best sidekick in years.
    OJ Mayo has no interest in being Kobe Bryant. Mayo has turned his attention to being a PG at the NBA level and has been modeling his game after Deron Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Dude lineups with small powerforwards are always doomed to fail. Look at the Suns when Marion was a PF, the Magic with 'SHard as a PF, even the Lakers with Odom as a PF. I mean that was one of the main reasons the Celtics won that series, their frontcourt size was just too much for the Lakers. Watch what happens when Bynum comes back and Pau slides to PF and Odom goes to SF. On an ideal team, Beasley is a SF

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I dont like taking either player as a number 1 really...I would attempt to trade down and dangle Rose over someone who thinks he is better then he is...

I dont think either player is gonna be elite at their position...
    Yeah that's how I feel too. Not only am I skeptical about each of them as a #1 overall pick, but especially for Chicago who just gave Hinrich an extension, and has a 22 year old Deng. I really think they should try to trade out, and if worst came to worst, I wouldn't blame them for taking OJ Mayo with the first pick. But I'd call around and see if anyone in that 2-10 range wants to offer up a young big with some potential in order to swap places

Good college starter

Hinrich and Deng are not the kind of player's you make concessions towards. If the guy that Paxson wants plays one of their positions take him. No one on the Bulls is currently better than average.

[QUOTE=eeeeeebro]what does beasley have to make him dominant.

Strength
    Shooting skills (3 point shooter)
    good dribbles.
    Versitile he can play PF if needed
    athletic this guy gots tyrus thomas beat
    Drive - he wants to be the best in all of NBA

Kevin Love bested him in every category at the predraft workouts. Kevin ****ING Love.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Beasley's scoring ability will largely depend on matchups. His area of effectiveness will be determined by whether or not the player guarding him is taller or shorter than he is. Rose's responsibilities will not change regardless of opponent.

With a brand new head coach with no coaching experience at all the stability that comes from having a player perform the same job every game is invaluable.
    Try again. You know who else's responsibilities changed depending upon the opponent?

Charles Barkley.

As a matter of fact, being able to play multiple roles is a strength, not a weakness.

Beasley has a good midrange game. He can get to the basket. He wasn't asked to rebound much because he always had the ball in his hands at K-State. Someone else mentioned they have a potentially great SF lineup in Sefalosha, Nocioni, etc. Even if the guy bombs, he will be significantly better at SF than Danny Granger. And DG is far superior to anything the Bulls have at the position. And this overlooks the fact that Beasley will be able to play significant minutes at PF. He's not exactly another Marcus Fizer.

The bottom line is that the Bulls need a scorer. Not another player who is limited offensively. This (and their defense going back to normal) are the reasons they've plateaued. If you were to pick best fits in the league for Rose, the Bulls would easily be in the bottom 10.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    Hinrich and Deng are not the kind of player's you make concessions towards. If the guy that Paxson wants plays one of their positions take him. No one on the Bulls is currently better than average.
    Concessions? If Hinrich isn't the kind of guy you make concessions to, what do you call his contract?

The Bulls have a lot of players who are average or better than average for their roles, but they don't have a guy who can take a larger portion of the offensive burden. That is, they have the market cornered on the Deng, Hughes, Hinrichs, Goodens, and Gordons of the world. These guys are generally efficient scorers. They just need someone to draw double teams.

If bulls take Beasley, Heat should draft Mayo

mayo + wade = nasty

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    but he does have character concerns and when you look into his eyes, you can see looney tunes playing. He has zero focus.
    What character issues? Geeze you make up crap about players that dont exist.