Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off Season Moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    If Wallace isn't planning on signing anyone (which is a really dumb move by him, but I'm not at all surprised at this point), then he should definitly look into making a trade.
    Yeah a trade is going to happen. He already said that they would address their needs in the offseason by making trades. I just wouldn expect to sign anyone. Even though brandon rush and nachbar are both unrestricted free agents. Both are only 27 and would fit well here.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i think you guys might lose one of your point guards of course with the exception of conley jr. Pat riley seems to like lowry i assume it will be a trade i just hope that you guys wont get a bad contract in return .

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    i think you guys might lose one of your point guards of course with the exception of conley jr. Pat riley seems to like lowry i assume it will be a trade i just hope that you guys wont get a bad contract in return .
    I wouldnt mind trading lowry for cook and some cash. Then you could have coo back up rudy. Plus conley and cook are old teammates from ohio state.

I am Chris Wilcox

Cook is a guard, I doubt he would play behind Rudy. He possibly could, if we put out a small line up.

If we Riley is interested in Lowry, we could through in Antoine Walker and get Deaquan Cook and Mark Blount in return. The contracts matchup and we get a backup SG to play behind Mayo in Cook and we get a nice player in Blount who can play the 4/5.

Thoughts on that trade idea?

Cook is a guard, I doubt he would play behind Rudy. He possibly could, if we put out a small line up.

If we Riley is interested in Lowry, we could through in Antoine Walker and get Deaquan Cook and Mark Blount in return. The contracts matchup and we get a backup SG to play behind Mayo in Cook and we get a nice player in Blount who can play the 4/5.

Thoughts on that trade idea?
    Yeah thats my bad. I meant that cook could be a good back up for mayo.

As for walker in mimi. I dont think that would work. Walker and riley had alot of problems when he was there. Which is one of the reasons he was traded off that team.

I am Chris Wilcox

I doubt any team would want Walker, all he does is shoot a ridiculous amount of 3's and then shimmy back up the court whilst the man he's suppose to be defending scores an open layup.

I think the trade is not good for Memphis also. We need to get back a SF and a PF/C, not another guard.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    I think the trade is not good for Memphis also. We need to get back a SF and a PF/C, not another guard.
    Whilst SF/PF/C are our priorities, we still need a decent backup for the SG spot. Mayo will, most likely be starting and, as it stands, Buckner will be the backup. That's not good enough. We would also get Blount in the trade which deepens are bench at the PF/C spot.

Whilst SF/PF/C are our priorities, we still need a decent backup for the SG spot. Mayo will, most likely be starting and, as it stands, Buckner will be the backup. That's not good enough. We would also get Blount in the trade which deepens are bench at the PF/C spot.
    Critt and/or Jaric can fill the spot at any point in time. Mayo will be playing 30+ minutes, Buckner will play more than 10 if we really want the defense to be consistent, there are no much minutes left, I think. I'm more worried about Gay having no backup and our big men with unknown or low scoring ability.

I am Chris Wilcox

There isn't much available in terms of a decent low post big man. I thought Blount would be a nice addition, nothing fancy, but would definitly be a nice pick up.

Trading away Walker will be hard, so I guess either Lowry or Crittenton would have to be the centre piece of the trade with Walker being there just to make up the numbers.

David Lee, possibly? He would add depth to the PF spot and could play the 3, if we put out a big line up.

There isn't much available in terms of a decent low post big man. I thought Blount would be a nice addition, nothing fancy, but would definitly be a nice pick up.

Trading away Walker will be hard, so I guess either Lowry or Crittenton would have to be the centre piece of the trade with Walker being there just to make up the numbers.

David Lee, possibly? He would add depth to the PF spot and could play the 3, if we put out a big line up.
    I like Lee. Problem is the Knicks are shopping him around and probably will get something bettern than Kyle in return, although they are desperately looking for a PG and Lowry would fit perfectly in D'Antoni's style. I will push for him just in case. I doubt he can play the 3 though, but we would have Hakim to back up Rudy.

EDIT: I would like us to go after Paul Millsap. I don't know what Utah would ask for him, but I love the guy.
    Last edited by berraco; 07-01-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    I like Lee. Problem is the Knicks are shopping him around and probably will get something bettern than Kyle in return, although they are desperately looking for a PG and Lowry would fit perfectly in D'Antoni's style. I will push for him just in case. I doubt he can play the 3 though, but we would have Hakim to back up Rudy.

EDIT: I would like us to go after Paul Millsap. I don't know what Utah would ask for him, but I love the guy.
    Actually I was just reading on nba.com and dantoni is trying to trade lee. And if mentioned trying to get s good point guard possibly from memphis. He mentioned trying to trade for loery or conley.

We could package a deal of lowry and warrik and maybe get back lee and another player. Maybe quentin richardson or jared jeffries. I wouldnt mind that trade we would get a back up for rudy in richardson and a starting power forward in david lee.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Actually I was just reading on nba.com and dantoni is trying to trade lee. And if mentioned trying to get s good point guard possibly from memphis. He mentioned trying to trade for loery or conley.

We could package a deal of lowry and warrik and maybe get back lee and another player. Maybe quentin richardson or jared jeffries. I wouldnt mind that trade we would get a back up for rudy in richardson and a starting power forward in david lee.
    Q-Rich has a bad contract for us if we want to keep the most of our cap room for next summer. I would try a package of Lowry/Warrick for Lee/Wilson Chandler. Both teams win, IMO.
    New York gets the PG they need and a good SF/PF for the run&gun in Hakim. We get the PF we need and a good back up for Rudy, specially in the defensive end. thoughts?

I am Chris Wilcox

I haven't seen much of Wilson Chandler to make a fair assessment, but wasn't the player who started to have some really good games near the end of the season?

Anyway, I think Lee would be a good fit for the team. He brings rebounding, hustle and toughness with him, something we lack and would also be a good player to have on the team, with Arthur playing behind him. We give up Warrick in the process, who has shown some very good signs, but I think Lee is what we need.

We also get a backup for Rudy in Chandler. Who, from my understanding, is nice young player.

Giving up Lowry isn't much of a concern. We would still have Conley and Crittenton, with Jaric who can provide some veteran experience. Seems like a decent trade all around.

I said q-rich because of the fact that he has a bad contract. NY would be more inclined to trade lee if they can drop a bad contract. I dont think they would trade wilson because he was their first round pick last year. They might but I highly doubt it.