Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Does anyone play online ranked matches. I can barely ever finish a game without being disconnected from the server. My win/loss record is 12-18. 11 of my losses being from disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I'm averaging just under 2 blocks per game with my 6'3 PG and I'm about 20 games into my rookie season. It's quite easy to get blocks coming from helpside defense, even if it's coming across to challenge a PF or C. I get blocks challenging outside shots too on similar sized guards or smaller. Not the most realistic but hey. I have added some skill points to my vertical, but even so, I was getting blocks in my very first games too.

If anyone wants to run some park games anytime, add me on PSN: WarroF1 - I tried The Park for the first time yesterday, pretty cool, though 5 on 5 with randomers was a bit crazy. Still fun though.
    Ive gotten multiple 4-5 block games 15 games into the season with my small forward. I have not spent any vc on his vert or block. Kinda ridiculous.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Got a PS4 yesterday and playing this game non stop but can't get used to the controls so far. Every time I drive to the rim I end up doing a flashy pass instead of a lay up/dunk No idea why I'm even pressing L2 when driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo
    Got a PS4 yesterday and playing this game non stop but can't get used to the controls so far. Every time I drive to the rim I end up doing a flashy pass instead of a lay up/dunk No idea why I'm even pressing L2 when driving.
    I used to do the same. Didn't we have to press L2 to dunk in a previous version or something?

I've finally got used to the controls now though after going from 360 to PS4.

Can somebody explain this to me? I was really really really good at 2k14 on Xbox 360 and PS4. I could score close to 80 points a game and have like 6 players in double figures. No cheese or anything like that.
    On PS4 I can barely crack 60 points and I only have 2 players in double figures. I can't shoot 3s for shit now with anybody, but it's only when I'm playing online. When I play against the computer I'm still not as good as I was on the last gen systems, but it's a big drop off from when I play online.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Can somebody explain this to me? I was really really really good at 2k14 on Xbox 360 and PS4. I could score close to 80 points a game and have like 6 players in double figures. No cheese or anything like that.
    On PS4 I can barely crack 60 points and I only have 2 players in double figures. I can't shoot 3s for shit now with anybody, but it's only when I'm playing online. When I play against the computer I'm still not as good as I was on the last gen systems, but it's a big drop off from when I play online.
    Probably cause defensive pressure and such has all be ramped up, plus the new eco motion deal probably effects it as well. It's a more deliberate game in that you use to be able to get a bit more space to get a shot off, use certain animations and get the defender out the way, where that sort of stuff doesn't happen anymore?
    Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Probably cause defensive pressure and such has all be ramped up, plus the new eco motion deal probably effects it as well. It's a more deliberate game in that you use to be able to get a bit more space to get a shot off, use certain animations and get the defender out the way, where that sort of stuff doesn't happen anymore?
    Maybe?
    Nah man. I didn't cheese. I don't do fadeaways and all that. Basically, I'm the best mediocre player every. If that tells you anything. I don't use fadeaways, step backs etc because I didn't know how to do any of that. I just always made good passes and got open shots. I played with the Rockets if that tells you anything. On the PS4 though, man I miss soooooooooo many wide open shots. I just don't understand. It's only online though.

Nah man. I didn't cheese. I don't do fadeaways and all that. Basically, I'm the best mediocre player every. If that tells you anything. I don't use fadeaways, step backs etc because I didn't know how to do any of that. I just always made good passes and got open shots. I played with the Rockets if that tells you anything. On the PS4 though, man I miss soooooooooo many wide open shots. I just don't understand. It's only online though.
    Timing I guess, I don't really play online too often but when I did I found that there was always a delay from when I did things, not really lag, just a timing delay, which is why I don't play online.
    So maybe hold the shot stick a bit longer? or a bit less and just experiment with different timings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Timing I guess, I don't really play online too often but when I did I found that there was always a delay from when I did things, not really lag, just a timing delay, which is why I don't play online.
    So maybe hold the shot stick a bit longer? or a bit less and just experiment with different timings.
    Ahhhh ok. Maybe that's it then. I'll give that a whirl later. I don't think about it cause I pretty much know the shot. Not lag, just a delay. Is that what they mean by i think it's called input delay or something like that? I always see it when BF4 is referenced. Or is that input latencey?

Ahhhh ok. Maybe that's it then. I'll give that a whirl later. I don't think about it cause I pretty much know the shot. Not lag, just a delay. Is that what they mean by i think it's called input delay or something like that? I always see it when BF4 is referenced. Or is that input latencey?
    I'm not sure, but yeah I guess it's more input delay, cause I use to push the shot stick, then like half a second later, my guy raises up for the shot.

Yeah, the input delay is the only thing that kinda spoils the game for me. Haven't really found too many other faults so far, I'm still addicted after getting it on launch day in Europe.

The amount of times I'm being pinged for "bad block attempt" after my player refuses to jump until 2 seconds after I press the button is kinda annoying. Sometimes it works almost instantly. Other times my player does nothing until 2-3 seconds later. The responsiveness is even worse when playing The Park. You basically have to second guess the opponent every single time instead of being able to react to what they do.

Miguel Pietrus is God in this game.

Well fellas I dunno exactly what i did different. It felt like maybe i held the shot a little longer I think. I was knocking down everything last night lol. I'm on a 10 game win streak and 6 of those guys quit. One dude managed to make it to the 3rd quarter. I don't bombard them with 3s but I play with the Rockets so I kill them with the inside outside game. Thanks guys!

Well fellas I dunno exactly what i did different. It felt like maybe i held the shot a little longer I think. I was knocking down everything last night lol. I'm on a 10 game win streak and 6 of those guys quit. One dude managed to make it to the 3rd quarter. I don't bombard them with 3s but I play with the Rockets so I kill them with the inside outside game. Thanks guys!

I haven't been addicted to any game for a long, long time, but I can't stop playing this current My Career mode. I like the storyline aspect, and it keeps me wanting to play 'one more game' just to see what might happen next.

I do hope for future versions though we can have a story that isn't so set in stone beforehand. I know we have different answers to choose from for certain situations, but it's pretty much just a 50/50 choice. I'd like to see some more variety, and have a lot of different paths to go down with your player. Not that I have any idea how difficult it will be to implement, but it's a nice thought I think.