Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Heat closing in on Shane Battier!

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Then amnesty Mike Miller please.
    Pretty much. Fn hernia.

I think for Mike Miller's sake he should take a year off basketball just to get his body right. His body is taking a beating and needs more to fully recover, I thought the lockout would be a boon but now the hernia confirms the need for rest.
    Last edited by 305Baller; 12-05-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Goodbye Miller. Hello Battier

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Even if they amnesty Miller and decline all their options I still don't think Miami'd have any more money to spend (under the rules) than they do now.

I still think Tayshaun Prince would be the better option if they were coming at the same price. Battier may be the better defender and possibly better shooter, but Prince can score in different ways, play some point forward and cover 4 positions. Tayshaun is also younger.

Riley is obviously thinking that Dalembert for the MLE would be regretted instantly and a guy like JJ Barea could turn out to be too big of a risk. He also probably noticed that Spo was playing LeBron way too much and wants a solid back up for his 2 best players (who can also play with them).

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Battier would be a good addition. A tough defender to put on Durant/Melo types and he can spot up and shoot threes. Also has good work ethic and shows up every night to play. A true professional.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Even if they amnesty Miller and decline all their options I still don't think Miami'd have any more money to spend (under the rules) than they do now.
    If they amnesty Miller, they get full $5 million MLE and Bi-annual exception at $1.9 million.

If they don't, they'll most likely end up more than $4 million over the luxury tax, which means they can only get a mini MLE at $3 million.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmj
    If they amnesty Miller, they get full $5 million MLE and Bi-annual exception at $1.9 million.

If they don't, they'll most likely end up more than $4 million over the luxury tax, which means they can only get a mini MLE at $3 million.
    That's true, had forgotten about the MLE differences between tax/non-tax payers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I still think Tayshaun Prince would be the better option if they were coming at the same price. Battier may be the better defender and possibly better shooter, but Prince can score in different ways, play some point forward and cover 4 positions. Tayshaun is also younger.

Riley is obviously thinking that Dalembert for the MLE would be regretted instantly and a guy like JJ Barea could turn out to be too big of a risk. He also probably noticed that Spo was playing LeBron way too much and wants a solid back up for his 2 best players (who can also play with them).
    Tay Prince is a champion. That I like. Battier, Prince, Butler, Hill, all good moves for Miami. They want those guys to come in and shoot consistently well.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Pg - lbj
    Sg - wade
    Sf - battier
    Pf - bosh
    C - dalembert
    GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    They have the 5 million MLE wether they keep Miller or not.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    They have the 5 million MLE wether they keep Miller or not.
    What I have read was in line with PMJ is saying. But I think its insane to amnesty a guy paying him 20M to possibly save 2M on the cap this year. Even for a chronically injured Miller, 2M is a steal. And Mia needs a bench this year. Way too many games packed way too tight.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Thumbs down Re: Heat closing in on Shane Battier!

Battier had one good game against Kobe a few years back, and has been SEVERELY overrated since then. This signing will work as well as Mike Bibby's did. But it's really the best the Heat can do until they trade away Bosh to free up some cap room.