Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I find it funny that people are voting for Mchale yet in the Ray vs. Manu thread, people were saying it's Ray because Manu was a bench player while Ray was a starter.

Well guess what? Mchale was a bench player for more than half of his career as well while Pierce has always been a starter.
    I agree, I always thought McHale was overrated ... though when he did start he was 26 ppg and All-NBA 1st team. Something Manu or Pierce never got close to doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    Thats an absolutely completely different argument...manu was never an mvp candidate whereas mchale won mvp in his career which is saying soemthing...mchale was the man in his tenure with the blazers leading them to a title and snagging a finals mvp while he was at it...
    I think you got Kevin Mchale and Bill Walton mixed up. Mchale never played on the Blazers and he never won any type of MVP.

Again, your argument is contradicting. Manu was like Mchale. Both were bench players for half of the careers, yet Manu wasn't better than Ray but Mchale was better than Pierce? That makes no sense.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 09-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I agree, I always thought McHale was overrated ... though when he did start he was 26 ppg and All-NBA 1st team. Something Manu or Pierce never got close to doing.
    Pierce averaged 26 twice in his career, four times over 25 ppg. He never got an All-NBA first team but he played in the most stacked era among forwards, not SFs, but forwards in general which include PFs which is why he never got much recognition on the All-NBA ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    Thats an absolutely completely different argument...manu was never an mvp candidate whereas mchale won mvp in his career which is saying soemthing...mchale was the man in his tenure with the blazers leading them to a title and snagging a finals mvp while he was at it...he has way more nba accolades then manu...saying manu was better then ray is flat out ridiculous because manu never played more then 30 minutes a game in his entire career even in his peak...ill definitely take the guy that can give you 40 minutes a game and carry the team on his shoulders night in a night out 10 times out of 10

also there are at least 10 other ppl to put over pierce...im a huge pierce guy but hes not a top 50 player of all time let alone top 40
    You're confusing Mchale for walton.

Pierce averaged 26 twice in his career, four times over 25 ppg. He never got an All-NBA first team but he played in the most stacked era among forwards, not SFs, but forwards in general which include PFs which is why he never got much recognition on the All-NBA ballots.
    Actually I'd say McHale played in the most stacked era for forwards.

His teammate
    Erving
    Nique
    King
    Dantley
    English
    Barkley
    K. Malone
    Marques Johnson

Those were the guys making All-NBA teams when McHale was around

After Duncan, KG, Dirk and James it was open season. JO may make a team one season, Shawn Marion the next. Elston Brand once or twice. Chris Wbber early on and Durant currently.

Bill Walton is too high on the list. Guy didn't do it for long enough. If that is the case than people should vote in Dwight Howard now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Actually I'd say McHale played in the most stacked era for forwards.

His teammate
    Erving
    Nique
    King
    Dantley
    English
    Barkley
    K. Malone
    Marques Johnson

Those were the guys making All-NBA teams when McHale was around

After Duncan, KG, Dirk and James it was open season. JO may make a team one season, Shawn Marion the next. Elston Brand once or twice. Chris Wbber early on and Durant currently.
    Mchale only made it to the first team in 87 and it wasn't a very strong era for forwards then. In 1987, Barkley wasn't Barkley and Dominique was overrated to me anyways. The rest were either declining or weren't themselves either.

Pierce was better than more than half of the guys you listed. Erving, Bird, Barkley, Malone were the only ones better and they've already been enshrined in the voting list so far.

In 2002, Pierce was going up against Chris Webber, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan for the NBA first and second team. He lost out to Webber because Webber put up better numbers and was on the better team. The other three just got in because they were better and they've already been enshrined in the voting so far as well. It's not a major lost that Pierce was not on the first or second team at his best season.

Local High School Star

I think you got Kevin Mchale and Bill Walton mixed up. Mchale never played on the Blazers and he never won a type of MVP.

Again, your argument is contradicting. Manu was like Mchale. Both were bench players for half of the careers, yet Manu wasn't better than Ray but Mchale was better than Pierce? That makes no sense.
    holy lord idk why or how i mixed them up

well in a sense your right when it comes to that but when you look at mchale he put up beastly numbers in his prime whereas ginobli didnt come near his production...hell at his peak mchale was better then pierce ray and ginobli lol... the guy has an all nba first team...was top 5 in mvp voting which only ray and pierce can say they were top 10 once in their careers...plus i value big men more i guess you can say its a preference...just looking at what they accomplished though mchale has done more then ginobli in the nba...a lot more actually so the comparison between ray and ginobli is completely different then pierce vs mchale...btw I'm going to retract my pick because I somehow thought walton was around and then panicked to mchale lol...I'm going with G.P just out of personal bias and that he was one of my favorite players ever...lock down defender one of the best players in the league in his prime...would be more sensible to go with someone like unseld but **** it g.p it is lol

and in all honesty if you compare ray and pierces career paths before they came together they are ridiculously identical...nothing really separated them when they were competing
    Last edited by Boston C's; 09-21-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

durant

It's JASON KIDD time.

I've been saying for the longest that Mchale is overrated. People say he could've been a franchis player but he failed miserable when he got his chaance in 89.

Im standing by my Worm vote.. smh at how underrated he is...
    Greatest rebounder and one of the best defenders of all time.(In b4 Wilt "mcgee" Goatberlain stans)

Gary Payton. This dude was a beast in his prime.. One of the rare player that gives Jordan a headache..

Next is JKidd then Rodman..

Gary Payton

College star

Kevin McHale.