Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Mock Draft 2010

With the 15th pick the Bucks select: Xavier Henry

With John Salmons most likely walking out the SG position is quite weak. Henry is a bit of a project but is a nice compliment to players like Bogut and Jennings with his abillity to knock down the outside jumpshot.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Wolves select Cole Aldrich. He's a winner and should be a solid defender at the next level. Aldrich, Jefferson and Love should make for a great trio.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

The Bulls select SG James Anderson from Oklahoma State.

He's a heavy load offensive player that creates for himself and his teamates. His style is a mix of a young Clyde Drexler, and he has the NBA body to make an impact off the bench, with potential room to grow into a starting role for the Bulls.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Aite here's my thing. I'll give yall a vote on who i think we should get, everyone knows we need a big, but knowing DM no we keep this pick thats what I think. He already said we're gonna go all out this summer, and the last time we had a lottery pick we traded it, so I mean there's a 90% chance we're not gonna have this pick. We might move up or move down. But knowing that we need a big, and knowing DM draft foreign players, I wouldn't be surprised if he got that one guy, montejunes. But I honestly don't think we should get him cuz of our past with foreign stars that are bigs. (except for yao). So if we DO keep this pick, I think we should and need to get Whiteside if he falls, I just saw his highlights and he was a beast at Marshall, but what I'm scared of is is he strong enough to handle bigs like dirk, boozer, bynum/gasol, etc...if he gets bigger and stronger, then he's perefect for us as a backup. My vote goes to Hassan Whiteside and DM will pick him if he falls to us, its just a matter of will we keep him/pick? thats the mystery of DM on draft day!

With the 14th pick the Rockets draft Hassan Whiteside from Marshall University!

Last edited by Raj Da Dodge; 05-31-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Gordon Hayward. Butler

People may be wondering why I chose Hayward over Orton, but with the recent news coming out about him, I felt that it would be a good decision to have a known winner who can score on my team.

Last edited by bballer; 06-01-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Serious playground baller sawyersauce's Avatar

With the 20th Pick - San Antonio selects Patrick Patterson.

I'm not really sold on any of the raw defensive bigs in this draft. I'd rather go with the sure thing, and Pat can step into the rotation straight away - replacing Bonner's expirer with toughness, a scoring option in the post, a solid mid-range shot and great IQ. His sound fundamentals and basketball smarts suit him well to the Spurs and his ability to step out, catch and shoot from mid and long-distance compliment Duncan. This pick should give the spurs frontcourt a nice 3 or 4 man rotation inside (between Duncan, Patterson, Blair and maybe Splitter) and allow the aging Dice to play a mentor's role. It leaves a little more size to be desired, but measuring at 6'8 barefoot and 6'9.25 in shoes and at 240 pound Pat is a legit NBA power-forward.
    Last edited by sawyersauce; 06-01-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Buff's PM box is full. Hope he checks in, its the Thunder's pick.

Good High School Starter Buffalobraves's Avatar

With the 21st pick in the NBA draft the Oklahoma City Thunder select...

Daniel Orton C, Kentucky

Orton, who is from Oklahoma City, is a good fit for the Thunder. Even though he hasn't really proven himself in college to be a great NBA prospect, he definitely has potential to be a solid NBA center. Orton will get time right away with the Thunder and with his great athleticism and good post presence he should be able to at least make some impact especially on the defensive end.

Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Green
    Orton

Orton will provide the final piece to the young line up and if he could develop they would become serious title contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    Aite here's my thing. I'll give yall a vote on who i think we should get, everyone knows we need a big, but knowing DM no we keep this pick thats what I think. He already said we're gonna go all out this summer, and the last time we had a lottery pick we traded it, so I mean there's a 90% chance we're not gonna have this pick. We might move up or move down. But knowing that we need a big, and knowing DM draft foreign players, I wouldn't be surprised if he got that one guy, montejunes. But I honestly don't think we should get him cuz of our past with foreign stars that are bigs. (except for yao). So if we DO keep this pick, I think we should and need to get Whiteside if he falls, I just saw his highlights and he was a beast at Marshall, but what I'm scared of is is he strong enough to handle bigs like dirk, boozer, bynum/gasol, etc...if he gets bigger and stronger, then he's perefect for us as a backup. My vote goes to Hassan Whiteside and DM will pick him if he falls to us, its just a matter of will we keep him/pick? thats the mystery of DM on draft day!

With the 14th pick the Rockets draft Hassan Whiteside from Marshall University!

That kind of worked out. You were MIA, so I had to pull the trigger. I think he was the best fit available.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

T'wolves pick Elliot Williams.

With the 24th pick in the NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks select....

Soloman Alabi, Florida St.

One of the biggest players in the draft, Alabi is a long true center who has the potential to be a high caliber defensive player in the league. He would add size and depth to the Hawks' thin frontcourt, despite being raw, and would be extremely useful against Dwight Howard, who always gives the Hawks trouble.

Alabi needs to put on weight and learn more about the game of basketball; he is very raw offensively and is a worse rebounder than he should be for his size.

He is charismatic and likable, is a great leaper for a man his size, and by all accounts has a good motor and runs the court well. He could contribute immediately off the bench, and if he turns out to be much better than projected, he could eventually give the Hawks an opportunity to trade either Josh Smith or Al Horford, who are both true PF's, for a star wing or guard.

With the 25th pick, the Memphis Grizzlies go with a reach and take Eric Bledsoe from the University of Kentucky.

After taking Paul George earlier in the draft, the Grizzlies go with an offensive point guard who could fit in well with Ovinton J'Anthony Mayo and makes Mike Conley more expandable.

Bledsoe-Mayo-George-Randolph-Gasol
    Conley-Carroll-Young-Brewer-Haddadi-Thabeet

With one more pick left in the draft and still possibly using Rudy Gay in a S&T
    Last edited by qrich; 06-02-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    With the 24th pick in the NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks select....

Soloman Alabi, Florida St.

One of the biggest players in the draft, Alabi is a long true center who has the potential to be a high caliber defensive player in the league. He would add size and depth to the Hawks' thin frontcourt, despite being raw, and would be extremely useful against Dwight Howard, who always gives the Hawks trouble.

Alabi needs to put on weight and learn more about the game of basketball; he is very raw offensively and is a worse rebounder than he should be for his size.

He is charismatic and likable, is a great leaper for a man his size, and by all accounts has a good motor and runs the court well. He could contribute immediately off the bench, and if he turns out to be much better than projected, he could eventually give the Hawks an opportunity to trade either Josh Smith or Al Horford, who are both true PF's, for a star wing or guard.
    Actually it could allow Josh Smith to move down to SF where he is more effective in my opinion. The frontcourt trio of Smith, Horford and a Defensiveminded center could prove pretty volatile.

Good High School Starter Buffalobraves's Avatar

Thunder select:
    Damion James SF/PF, Texas

Thunder get a great athlete off the bench to back up Durant. James brings good toughness and a high level of intensity. The dude is an absolute beast physically and would fit right in with the Thunder because of his commitment to defense when he plays.

The New Jersey Nets select Jordan Crawford, SG Xavier

Nets get a talented scorer who is going to give the Nets many more options on offense, New Jersey is pretty much set in the backourt now, with a nice group of Devin Harris, Douglas-Roberts, Courtney Lee and now Jordan Crawford. A fair bit of young talent there for the new HC to play with.
    Last edited by takeittothehoop; 06-03-2010 at 02:27 AM.