Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: LOL @ Steph Curry a No All Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I agree with you, but it's the coaches not fans that decided not to vote Curry in.
    Yeah, I know, but the fan portion of the voting takes away from the whole event, imo. And, I also think coach voting is stupid, too... Some of these coaches only see a guy twice all year. By the time their ballots are due in, they may have not seen several of these guys at all.

Coaches are concerned about one thing... the team they coach, and rightfully so. Tasking them with grading the rest of the league is almost as dumb as having a fan vote. If they want to make it a legitimate award, there should be a board that makes the selections made up of worthy voters, be it specific respected media members, league experts, former GMs, etc.

The kind of people who have a great understanding of the game AND are able to study every player in many of their games.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 04-18-2013 at 12:42 AM.

How in the hell do you manage to bring up Kobe in every thread?

You're a giant f@ggot.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Turning into the most overrated player in the lg.
    How? I don't see people putting him in the top 10 or anything. The highest praise I've seen for him is calling him the GOAT shooter, which he'll probably be when his career is over. He just had what was clearly the greatest 3pt shooting season of all time.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Man that must be hard to know that you are the single season 3 point KING and had no all star recognition. The choice was between Curry and Aldridge at the wild card spot. It had nothing to do with how many guards there were. Curry and Aldridge were the wild cards and that spot has nothing to do with position. David Lee averaged the same stats last year that Aldridge did this year. Would David Lee's stats last year get him in over someone who has broken the 3 point record, averaging 23 points a game, and the only player with over 440 3 point attempts to average over 45 percent? I don't think so.....

Like Mark Jackson said, he wishes that the coaches would apologize to him. I mean let's be honest. What did Kobe do better than Curry this year? Curry broke the record and had a better record than Kobe without 4 hall of famers. Kobe was not more impressive than Curry.... The stats don't lie!
    to be fair he went ham after the all star break

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    He didn't deserve it over any other guard.

Then u can make a case that he deserved it as much as Kobe. Kobe averaged 27 ppg on 46 percent field goal percentage but Curry averaged 23 on 45 percent three point percentage. That's like a 70 percent field goal percentage. Plus, Curry had the better record. I don't see how Kobe is better than Curry, just being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Then u can make a case that he deserved it as much as Kobe. Kobe averaged 27 ppg on 46 percent field goal percentage but Curry averaged 23 on 45 percent three point percentage. That's like a 70 percent field goal percentage. Plus, Curry had the better record. I don't see how Kobe is better than Curry, just being honest.
    Do you think the Lakers will catch us in the standing?I think the Warriors are going to miss the playoffs and the Lakers are going to overtake them.

These Curry/Kobe comparisons are interesting. It seems like many people thought Steph would end up a SG.

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    On the offensive side he is as good as any other two guard in the league.. I see him as a two guard ala Kobe and Wade..
    Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    He'll be starting at SG in All-Star games once Kobe retires after next season.
    Last edited by Kobe_6/8; 01-29-2016 at 07:01 AM.

As much as we hated Shady, he was the first one to really believe in Curry. Props.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    As much as we hated Shady, he was the first one to really believe in Curry. Props.
    Yeah, well, the guy stans like different teams and the franchise players on those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Turning into the most overrated player in the lg.

Great bump