Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote Originally Posted by shaq2000
    Otto... he's a bit of a prick.
    I loved that part. Otto is great.

Surprised you guys don't like this season. It is my favorite so far. Very excited to see how it ends.

Also, I just saw Unser on an episode of Seinfeld. I love catching people in that show that have since had bigger roles.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Best season so far has to be Season 2 when the Sons were feuding with Zobelle and the White Supremacists. Henry Rollins was awesome that season and that's the season when Half Sack died and Abel was kidnapped.

That season was goooood.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Best season so far has to be Season 2 when the Sons were feuding with Zobelle and the White Supremacists. Henry Rollins was awesome that season and that's the season when Half Sack died and Abel was kidnapped.

That season was goooood.
    I loved that season as well. Season 1 was the worst overall. Season 3 was bad until it had the best finale. 2 and 4 were close, but I think I give the nod to 2. This has been my favorite first 2/3 of a season, which is why I really am looking forward to see how it wraps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I loved that part. Otto is great.

Surprised you guys don't like this season. It is my favorite so far. Very excited to see how it ends.

Also, I just saw Unser on an episode of Seinfeld. I love catching people in that show that have since had bigger roles.
    Don't know if it's my favorite but I'm enjoying the twists and turns this year. Just when you think they got Clay he worms free

Who the hell was the guy that beat up Otto?

And what the **** is Bobby doing by saying he's keeping Clay alive? I hate when that show ends... It just always seems to leave me hangin lol

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bergs14
    And what the **** is Bobby doing by saying he's keeping Clay alive? I hate when that show ends... It just always seems to leave me hangin lol
    it is good though, keeps you keen. so many times on boardwalk empire i have to get myself motivated to watch. it is a good show, but i'm often not really worried about what happens next.

i'm thinking maybe bobby doesn't believe jax, and instead thinks he is just on a personal vendetta to get clay?

that or he was sent by jax to get some dirt on him or "keep him close" before they make a move on him? he lost juice so he is putting someone else next to clay.

What's with all the Jax hate? Dude is a straight bad ass and as far as Clay goes.. He's a scum bag and I can't wait until he's taken out! It's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    So is this the good father Jax wanted to be? Dude is killing somebody in the most violent manners every episode and then goes home and everything is cool and he becomes all romantic and soft for his family. The writers of this show are so full of shit.
    What?

He killed the cop that was a total ass to him and Opie and he killed that big soft ass black dude who brutally killed Opie right in front of Jax's face. Dude is going on a tear. Let someone kill your best friend right in front of your eyes and see how you act. C'mon guy, dude is wrecking house.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I'm not a huge Jax fan either. Last night there was actually a good example when he blew up at the lawyer. The entire character is either intense whispering, or shouting. There's no gray area at all with the character. Even the scenes with Tara are life and death whispering matches about the intesity of their situation.
    Clay and Gemma are both deeply drawn characters. And Unser has a good deal of depth, probably in large part because their characters have history, whereas Jax's history is largely unknown, and he's mostly revealing other people's as a plot development. But Jax was a better character when the other young cop was around, and they played up the notion that there was a history between them and Tara. They've also created some nice side characters. Juice has become interesting. And Tig, who I used to feel was completely one note, has been fleshed out well. Beyond that, Bobby is more or less a maguffin to move plot. His entire purpose on the show seems to be someone Clay, and then Jax, were able to talk to in a way to explain things to the audience. Even Chibbs has become sort of a flat character, although he had a good run with the Irish family stuff. I think the shallow character pool became more apparent once Opie was really gone, and frankly it's hard to develop character and have an element of mystery at the same time.

All that said, this is a plot driven show. It's a rediculous plot that changes constantly, that's the whole point. But lately it seems to be going too fast, which might have something to do with the fact that they don't have characters to fall back on. Homeland is another plot driven show that seems like it will eventually head in the same direction. Lately this has gotten too convoluted. They throw the word "Rico" around like it's a tangible thing, but it feels like no one, not the writers, not the actors, and therefore not the characters, really understand what it is. "Galinda has Rico!!!", "We need guns from the irish to kill Rico!!!", "Tara is trying to kill Rico!!!". Last night's table discussion about killing Rico was telling in that they had to cut into it right at the end. Then they throw in an absurd action set piece, like last night's Vato station wagon desert smoke out shoot em up car roll get away, that ended with essentially a rock 'n' roll sign and a Ric Flair Whhooooooo out the window, and it's more than a little over the top, and getting to be too much. But if they keep introducing new plot, like last night's introduction of Donal Logue, I'll keep tuning in. That's the whole point, what's gonna happen now, less so than who's it gonna happen to.

^ and when jax screams, he always got that evil smile on his face. this show took a turn for the worse imo. anyways, season finale tonight, any predictions? i hope tig doesn't go.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    ^ and when jax screams, he always got that evil smile on his face. this show took a turn for the worse imo. anyways, season finale tonight, any predictions? i hope tig doesn't go.
    I see Tig somehow skipping town with Clay to let the heat die down and then start this rival chapter that Clay intends to skim off The Son's business, but will probably wind up being much more aggressive.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    I think Tara will get killed somehow, pushing Jax completely over the edge.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Clay kills Pope tonight

Jax gets stopped by Bobby and saves Tig's Life. Bobby then proceeds to write a book on how he is saving lives while being in a motorcycle gang.

Tara takes the job and the kids and moves the hell out of Charming

Otto breaks out of jail somehow and tries to find Tara so that he can sniff her a few more times

Juice admits to Clay he's also gay

Unser realizes his prick is about to fall off soon, so he goes and breaks into Gemma's house, killing Nero who's taking a dump in the bathroom, and finally getting to tag Gemma.

Opie reunites with Donna in heaven

Chibs and Happy see what's going on and decide to start their own MC

Jax is gonna make arrangements with Pope's #2 to keep all of the clubs agreements with Pope in place in exchange for Tig's life and Jax killing off Pope.

Clay, Tig and Juice break off to form their own club.

Tara finds out what Jax did to Abel's mom after she tried to extend an olive branch and flips out and leaves him for the new job and new town.

Not sure where Gemma is going. We're lead to believe Nero is her new guy but I'm just not sure.

Chibs, Bobby and Happy (who'd have though Happy would appear to be one of the last sane ones left on the show) stay with Jax and hope they can pull everything back together.