Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: #33 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by hangintheair
    Pistol Pete Maravich
    Richie Guerin > Pete Maravich

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Vote - Walt Frazier.

Frazier is getting seriously underrated. He is the 3rd greatest PG behind Magic and Oscar.

I vote for Clyde Drexler

Not airballing my layups anymore

Frazier

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Fraizer

Banned

Frazier is better than Stockton.... FRAZIER.

Also, agreed on Cowens and the moment that Pistol Pete is voted in the top 50, this list should be stopped because Pistol Pete is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    Frazier is better than Stockton.... FRAZIER.

Also, agreed on Cowens and the moment that Pistol Pete is voted in the top 50, this list should be stopped because Pistol Pete is trash.
    I look forward to arguing for Pistol Pete in a future thread.

He certainly was not trash; he had the misfortune of playing with worse teammates than nearly any 'superstar' in NBA history. Put him in Magic Johnson or Bob Cousy's situation and he'd be regarded as a top 20 player of all-time.

The man was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Dolph Schayes ahead of Walt Frazier.... just.

A very difficult decision though.
    Schayes shot 35.9% FG in the '55 Playoffs when his team won the Championship that year. I just can't respect that, there is no 3 point line and defense is weak at that time.

Walt Frazier

Dolph Schayes might not get it now, but he's probably Top 40-45 range material.

Either Fraizer, Cowens, or Hayes take this.

#33 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops Voting

9- Walt Frazier
    3- Clyde Drexler
    3- Dolph Schayes
    2- Elvin Hayes
    1- Nate Thurmond
    1- Bill Walton
    1- Bob McAdoo
    1- Pete Maravich
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 09-14-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Surprised there isn't a campaign for Iverson either. (Not a vote)

He would be over Stockton for me too. Should be in the Top 35 or Top 40, now that I think about it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He certainly was not trash; he had the misfortune of playing with worse teammates than nearly any 'superstar' in NBA history.
    He joined a Hawks core that was a playoff team before he got there and in his first season was one of 5 recent all stars and all but one of them proved to still be capable of playing on a high level. His Jazz teams were poor but really...he had an all nba first team bigman and briefly Gail Goodrich who was an all star the season before on the Lakers. A hell of a lot of superstars cant say they were on a team as one of two all nba first teamers with a #3 who is an aging star.

His teams were bad. They were niot generally Tracy Mcgrady on orlando bad.

The Hawks especially had as much as can be reasonably expected. He had Lou Hudson who wasl ike a 7 time all star and a respected player and Bellamy who was still a 19/13, 15/13, and 16/14 player at the time.

Hardly a super team...but not a team that should be called one of the worst ever. Pete had more to work with than Paul Pierce pre Big 3. Or Tmac in his prime. Or Barkley in his pre Suns prime. Hell of a lot of superstarsh ad less to work with and got more done.

There are guys outside the top 100 who took much less talent to 50 wins. Pete just wasnt into winning basketball. Ive read coaches saying he played no defense....Charley rosen who has his...issues...but sure as hell saw more of the 70s than most of us...ranked him as the worst defensive player ever. His own GM from the Hawks said they couldnt get rid of him because nobody thought he was worth his contract and he hurt good basketball. The only reason he endedu p on the Jazz was them needing him to sell tickets since he went to LSU.

Pete wasnt nearly as respected as I think people assume he was. Players had love for his style of play. People knew he was talented. But I bet few wanted to play with him.

Lot of that might be different had the Hawks and ABA/Bucks not had issue with Doctor J signing with the Hawks. I read they were the most exciting fast break of all time...in their 2 preseason games together.

Doc might have saved Petes reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He joined a Hawks core that was a playoff team before he got there and in his first season was one of 5 recent all stars and all but one of them proved to still be capable of playing on a high level. His Jazz teams were poor but really...he had an all nba first team bigman and briefly Gail Goodrich who was an all star the season before on the Lakers. A hell of a lot of superstars cant say they were on a team as one of two all nba first teamers with a #3 who is an aging star.

His teams were bad. They were niot generally Tracy Mcgrady on orlando bad.

The Hawks especially had as much as can be reasonably expected. He had Lou Hudson who wasl ike a 7 time all star and a respected player and Bellamy who was still a 19/13, 15/13, and 16/14 player at the time.

Hardly a super team...but not a team that should be called one of the worst ever. Pete had more to work with than Paul Pierce pre Big 3. Or Tmac in his prime. Or Barkley in his pre Suns prime. Hell of a lot of superstarsh ad less to work with and got more done.

There are guys outside the top 100 who took much less talent to 50 wins. Pete just wasnt into winning basketball. Ive read coaches saying he played no defense....Charley rosen who has his...issues...but sure as hell saw more of the 70s than most of us...ranked him as the worst defensive player ever. His own GM from the Hawks said they couldnt get rid of him because nobody thought he was worth his contract and he hurt good basketball. The only reason he endedu p on the Jazz was them needing him to sell tickets since he went to LSU.

Pete wasnt nearly as respected as I think people assume he was. Players had love for his style of play. People knew he was talented. But I bet few wanted to play with him.

Lot of that might be different had the Hawks and ABA/Bucks not had issue with Doctor J signing with the Hawks. I read they were the most exciting fast break of all time...in their 2 preseason games together.

Doc might have saved Petes reputation.
    Good post.

I obviously disagree on a few points, but I respect your knowledge; you're one of the few who has done their homework.

We'll discuss Maravich more in the future, I'm sure. I've not got time now for a detailed response but think you're overrating Walt Bellamy (a notorious loser). Lou Hudson is underrated, however, and I agree he was one of Pistol Pete's best teammates.

Truck Robinson is one of the least talented players ever to be named All-NBA 1st Team.

Allen Iverson